What if the flyers won the '07 Draft Lottery

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Kane was the consensus 1. He was so far ahead of jvr it wasn't even fair. Kane really made waves when he was on the us developmental team, people had never seen an american kid do the thing he was doing. Jvr was drafted on potential.
this is how I remember it. No question the 1st pick.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Kane continuing to be clutch like a Gucci handbag for Chicago is beyond irritating anymore....

I don't know that the Flyers would have taken JVR 1st regardless..I remember that was the PR line after they actually picked him but all the talk leading up to the draft lottery was that the Flyers liked Kane and thought he was more NHL ready and thus the BPA at number 1 more than the other players especially since with JVR he had that whole college situation going on. I do recall some debate between Turris and Kane however...

It's all a bit cloudy now and I could be off but I'm pretty sure the Flyers would have picked Kane if effin Chicago didn't get lucky...

The Giroux Coup

Mar 2, 2013
Some things to consider: if you get Kane, then there is no JVR for Luke Schenn trade...
Also, assuming Holmgren still felt he needed to clean house/Pronger & Laviolette are in his ear telling him Richards and Carter aren't leaders, and wants to get bigger on the wings, do they still make those same exact trades? With Giroux, Briere, and Kane, they'd be pretty small. Maybe there's no Couturier, Voracek, Simmonds, B. Schenn. Maybe they do. Maybe there isn't enough room to sign Jagr and Giroux and Voracek don't get the same kind of mentoring and don't make the same progressions..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad