What if nothing of significance is done after this season?

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
I'm expecting nothing to change. If something was gonna change, Nonis would already be gone.

I also expect a late season run coming up that destroys our draft pick.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
It'll be hard to move Gardiner, Kessel or Phaneuf, especially before the summer.
I don't anticipate anything happening.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
I will stop watching hockey. Actually I have already done that.

For the first time in decades I'll skip a season.

Yep, id be much more inclined to watch a struggling young team with plenty of capspace then watch this sad group again.

It's not cute anymore. Ownership/management need to wake up to the idea that A) their plan sucks, and B) fans are starting to tune out the Leafs. An entire generation of kids growing up watching Leafs playoffs is lost.

The majority of our team are aged 25-30, we spend to the cap, and we've traded a ton of picks while letting UFAs walk for nothing in order to "win now". Theres been zero short-term success, despite management prioritizing that above all else.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
I probably would not watch. I haven't watched a game since Caryle got canned.

Watching Rielly is probably the only thing that I would enjoy.

Rip this thing down and let Brown, Leivo, Percy, Finn, make their way into the NHL and I will be much more inclined to watch.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
The core is retained. Same goalies. Another average coach. Just exchanging some 3rd and 4th liners. AKA another "retool" + a decent draft pick.

If nothing of significance happens it would strictly be due to no one willing to gives us anything of significance in return for our core players resulting in Leafs keeping them.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
People have resorted to complaining about things that haven't even actually happened now... my goodness

Sundinforever13

Feb 19, 2012
Do we all just assume that management has an above average IQ and didnt land this job by a rare combination of luck?
Quite possible that nonis and shanahan have an IQ of 90 and lack the brain power to make the right moves. Seriously, we underestimate the value of intelligence in coaching and management.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
If nothing of significance happens it would strictly be due to no one willing to gives us anything of significance in return for our core players resulting in Leafs keeping them.

Then, we're stuck in mediocrity for the foreseeable future!

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I get the sense that MLSE/Shanahan/Nonis want to make this core work. Keep slapping that scotch tape on it and call it a contender for eighth.

They simply blow past every drop dead last resort mark and don't even flinch. The whole organization is on autopilot. The only thing that this front office team does is sign executive paycheques.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
I will become one of those Leaf fans that pretends they are a Bruins fan but still lurks the Leafs board

;)

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
If Kessel is on the team next season, I won't watch. Already seen enough of a gong show centered around that player. In fact, I've already quit watching before Carlyle was canned.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
If Kessel is on the team next season, I won't watch. Already seen enough of a gong show centered around that player. In fact, I've already quit watching before Carlyle was canned.

Your right. Kessel is basically a 4th liner at this point. Everyone hates him as his ego is so large, it's responsible for the locker room being in pieces.

At 8m, 2.5 less than Kane, we'd be lucky if someone would give us a late first for him. Let's hope no one has watched him for two weeks, where his last 5 years of being a high level player now mean nothing.

It's logical to believe that one play is capable of making a team win. We need someone like Crosby, who had 100 points the year they drafted 2nd OA.

Damn you hockey gods.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
problem with the leafs has always been trading away picks or prospects
and looking for an easy route to the cup

so when nonis says, hey man lets be patient and slowly climb the ladder
people still complain

lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad