What if NJ had won the Cup *then* Parise bolted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Meh. I don't really hate him that much now anyway. But to answer your question, probably a little less. Still a lot. But not quite as much.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
As a whole probably not as much from the fanbase. Personally I don't know. A good comparable is Keenan with the Rangers. I'm sure Ranger fans still had a lot of animosity towards him at the time, but it's probably dissipated for the most part since he's on MSG postgames now.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Would have been easier to take this dreadful season that's for sure. If we had made the playoffs then I wouldn't be so bitter right now. Maybe I'd even wish Minnesota good luck, but we didn't so it's just business for me.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
I am so over him.
It's Parise who? at this point

but to answer your question...probably. Winning the cup would have made everything that happened in this **** season better.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
One thing's for sure, it hasn't worked out for 'either' side a year in. It's been like mutually assured destruction.

bmqdevils

Feb 5, 2011
honestly even more. he doesn't get any remorse from me. i hate him and i love to hate him. if we won the cup there would be no good reason at all for him to leave. not that there really was now, but still. sometimes i wonder if he would've left if we won the cup. i think absolutely. probably had the whole thing planned all along.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Then I would have laughed even harder at his decision. Leave a cup winner to go to a money printing, player tampering, daddy loving bubble team. The one year RFA deal is still plenty of reason to know he had a plan all along. Less bitter? Sure the cup win would have helped ease the sting but he's still a schmuck.

Rella17

May 21, 2010
Bergen
would have wished him well and thanked him for his time

but leaving this team hanging like he did when we still could have made another run before Marty hung it up...**** him man

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
honestly even more. he doesn't get any remorse from me. i hate him and i love to hate him. if we won the cup there would be no good reason at all for him to leave. not that there really was now, but still. sometimes i wonder if he would've left if we won the cup. i think absolutely. probably had the whole thing planned all along.

Well, Minny threw over 90 million reasons for him to leave; hope the money keeps him happy playing for a mediocre team that will never win anything significant.

njdevilsftw

Nov 13, 2011
new jersey
@TH2NSTATSGUY: Parise: on ice for 1 GF, 8 GA in series vs Hawks. Was -7 and did not have a shot on goal in Game 5. First time w/o shot in 244 games

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I think I would still be as vindictive as I am right now. But it would be more tinged with pity for him being an idiot to leave a Cup winner.

As more time passed, I would start to remember him more for the Cup win, rather than the manner of departure. Kind of like with Langenbrunner, and Gomez is getting there too.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
If we won the cup last year and he bolted he could play it off as mission accomplished. Life long goal accomplished. Now I will do what I want to do and "be with family" and "JO Suter." I don't necessarily hate him, but I did enjoy them getting knocked out.

apice3*

I wouldn't hate him, I would just think he's a dick.

The more space Parise has, the better he is. In the regular season, there's space and he's very good. In the Olympics, the bigger rink creates a ton of space and he's elite. In the playoffs, the space is taken away and he flat out sucks.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I've never had ill feelings for the guy. The only thing he did wrong was give the fans a lot of lip service through the media (which most players do). Imagine being a Devils fan growing up and living in NJ and one day being lucky enough to be drafted by one of the other teams in the NHL. Then you become a FA and NJ (the place where your parents live, place where you were raises, played college hockey and other family lives, ) offers you a huge payday for what is pretty much the rest of your career. What Devils fan wouldn't live the dream and want to come at for the Devils?

I think for some winning a Cup would've softened the blow. For me... It didn't matter.

bmqdevils

Feb 5, 2011
Well, Minny threw over 90 million reasons for him to leave; hope the money keeps him happy playing for a mediocre team that will never win anything significant.
I doubt our offer was that bad. Don't think it was like what we got offered in Minny, but I'm sure it was pretty good. You see athletes every year take pay cuts to stay on their team that they like and help out the team. Parise probably wouldn't have lost much money coming back and now he looks like an idiot. Oh well sucks for him.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
We were a solid team with Parise and almost won the Cup, but we didn't, period. Now we're in trouble to find a true top line winger and missed miserably the playoffs.
Parise, for his part, demonstrates one more time he'll never be a franchise player, especially on a bubble team. I hope he enjoys his life in Minnesota because hockey-wise that a was pathetic decision, that hurts both sides. Him and our team.

With a Cup I'd taken Parise to the airport with a "Thank you for everything, we'll never forget you, best luck mate"

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
What if I lived in the Garden of Eden surrounded by servant super models who fed me by hand all day long????

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Parise made his intentions crystal clear the second he dragged negotiations to the last minute, only to sign a one year deal, making him a UFA the following summer.

To me, and several others around here, the writting was on the wall and it was just too obvious he wasn't coming back. For me, he's been gone the second it was announced he signed that one year deal.

He can help Minnesota get kicked out of the 1st round for the next 13 years or so, after all, that's as good as it'll get for him until the Wild bring in a legit gamebreaker to help him out cause he can't do it on his own... as proven with his stay as a Devils and now the Wild.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Or what if you died and went to heaven and found out that is was just a New Jersey styled diner with a limited menu of mozzarella sticks, onion rings , chicken fingers and RC Cola?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad