What if Finland would still be part of Sweden or Russia?

robwangjing

Jul 10, 2013
Beijing
I think if Denmark and Norway was one nation it would have a pretty good national team.

I don't know too much about their players but goalkeeping and defense would be a lot better for them for sure. Offensive both teams are already decent today and would of course be much better here too.

A WC medal would be possible, and a good place in OG.:nod:

Also a unified Germanic team of Germany, Switzerland and Austria would be really good too.

But what about Korea+Japan, could they have taken a spot in the WC-A or still be a D1 team?

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
i think it's a cool thing to think about

hopefully they have a Team EU in the future and we can see a Finno-Swede-Czechoslovak saturated team in the future to really make things ultra competitive; maybe in something like a World Cup where IIHF rules don't apply

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I think if Denmark and Norway was one nation it would have a pretty good national team.

I don't know too much about their players but goalkeeping and defense would be a lot better for them for sure. Offensive both teams are already decent today and would of course be much better here too.

A combined team would help Denmark-Norway especially on the defense since both nations lack depth in that department.

Now two good goalies: Frederik Andersen and Lars Haugen.

Off course it would increase the skill of the forward side at WC since the best Danes are in NHL while most Norwegians are in SHL or KHL.

robwangjing

Jul 10, 2013
Beijing
A combined team would help Denmark-Norway especially on the defense since both nations lack depth in that department.

Now two good goalies: Frederik Andersen and Lars Haugen.

Off course it would increase the skill of the forward side at WC since the best Danes are in NHL while most Norwegians are in SHL or KHL.
I follow KHL and must say that I am very impressed with all three Norwegians there. Also Bjorkstrand was a very pleasant surprise to me!

Maybe you would have enough players to make 2 lines with KHL and NHL players?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad