What, if anything, do you think can turn the season around?

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Can't score, can't get a save from Markstrom. It looks bleak.

It would be idiocy not to give Vladar more starts and not to look at the Wranglers for scoring help

Reactions: Tofveve

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Down to Wranglers:

Markstrom
Mackey
Lucic
Rooney
Lewis

Up from Wranglers
Wolf
Poirier
Phillips
Zary
Pellettier

It ain't rocket science. Teams needa to get younger, faster, quicker, more offensively skilled, and get goaltending.

Every answer is on the Wranglers.

Well besides the Return of #58

• Haha
Reactions: Haatley

The Red Mile

Dec 18, 2013
Northern B.C.
Down to Wranglers:

Markstrom
Mackey
Lucic
Rooney
Lewis

Up from Wranglers
Wolf
Poirier
Phillips
Zary
Pellettier

It ain't rocket science. Teams needa to get younger, faster, quicker, more offensively skilled, and get goaltending.

I completely agree with this. Time to make players accountable again and earn their jobs. No need to spend assets just use the assets we already have.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Down to Wranglers:

Markstrom
Mackey
Lucic
Rooney
Lewis

Up from Wranglers
Wolf
Poirier
Phillips
Zary
Pellettier

We can't waive Markstrom and Lucic due to their NMCs...

Reactions: Bert Mckrakken

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
We can't waive Markstrom and Lucic due to their NMCs...

Lucic isn't even the problem.

Ruzicka-Lindholm-Toffoli
Huberdeau-Kadri-Mangiapane
Pelletier-Backlund-Coleman
Dube-Zary-Phillips

looks instantly better. Lucic can be scratched and occasionally brought in by scratching one of Dube or Pelletier if we're facing a heavy and slow team.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to suck for a year, win a lottery, make some changes to the periphery and come back stronger next year.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
daniel-vladar-2022-43.jpg

it's all up to you you handsome son of a gun

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
It's bad right now but it's not even that bad. I think people got a little caught up in all the brand new players and talk of being better than last year. That was always going to be some wishful thinking. The Flames were a 111pt team last year with the best line hockey and a Vezina candidate. We lost 2/3rds of that line and our goalie stinks to start this year. We've had the most difficult schedule in the league so far and are still around .500.

It's going to take some time for these players to mesh and find chemistry. It's going to take some time to come to terms with life after Gaudreau and Tkachuk. Especially Johnny who carried our offense basically since coming into the lineup. It's not the answer anybody wants to hear but some patience for this group is needed.

Definitely need more youth and speed in the lineup however. The coaching has made a lot of straight up bizarre decisions so far. The lack of creativity, rush offense, and net drive has been a major issue. Seems like a very obvious solution is to call up a guy who brings all that in Matthew Phillips but this is the Flames we're talking about here and they rarely do the obvious thing. Long term with how much money we have tied up in older players it's more necessary than ever before we get some young cheap guys up and contributing. We can't keep backfilling with crap like Lewis, Rooney, and Ritchie. Also badly need Kylington back, he makes our blueline much more dynamic.

Reactions: Tofveve and Deen

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
It feels like the Pacific is either top 10 pick or playoff spot this year.

The top 5 guys Bedard, Michkov, Fantilli, Yager and Carlsson all look like top liners. There are other good guys behind them. That said I think our prospect pool is a lot deeper than it gets credit for with Poirier and maybe Kuz showing talent. Zary, Pelletier and Coronato look like middle 6 guys. I really keep getting Cammalerri vibes from Coronato. He’s honestly the perfect fit for Huberdeau. Wolf is still the most valuable asset in the organization in my eyes. But I’m okay with him playing most of this year in the AHL so Markstrom can make himself tradeable in the off-season.

For now:

Huberdeau-Lindholm-Toffoli
Ruzicka-Kadri-Phillips
Magiapane-Backlund-Pelletier
Coleman-Dube-Ritchie

Hanifin-Weegar
Zadorov-Andersson
Kylington(Stone)-Tanev

Time to give the youth a look. Zary can slow cook for the rest of the year in the AHL.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Season is 1/4 over and the division is a shit show with only the Golden Knights actually respectable, sorry LA and Seattle.

I've seen the Flames dominate great teams this year, all they need to do is make the playoffs and anything can happen. Remember that the LA Kings won the Cup as the worst seed.

Learn the system during the season (Huberdeau, Kadri, Weegar, etc.), learn your new linemates (since all our lines are different from last year) and come playoffs turn it on.

Only real concern I have is Markstrom. That Edmonton series seems to have broken his head.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
I'd say these next five games is what can turn the Flames season around. We are playing five non-playoff teams....at home............every second day. So they get a day off after each game but not too long of a layoff. Really this next set is a beauty schedule. To me this will really show what this team is about. 5-0 would be excellent, 4-0-1 would be very good, 3-0-2 would be good...................anything else unacceptable. My expectations for these next five is we get minimum a point each game.

Reactions: Iggys Dome

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I'd say these next five games is what can turn the Flames season around. We are playing five non-playoff teams....at home............every second day. So they get a day off after each game but not too long of a layoff. Really this next set is a beauty schedule. To me this will really show what this team is about. 5-0 would be excellent, 4-0-1 would be very good, 3-0-2 would be good...................anything else unacceptable. My expectations for these next five is we get minimum a point each game.

I'd go even further to say that our schedule until the new year is where this team needs to wake the **** up. There is time to salvage this season - but it needs to start in a hurry.

12 or 13 wins out of 17 should really not be out of the question.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
From an outside looking in, I think flames will make playoffs but it might be as a WC. I will say i wouldn’t want to play flames in the playoffs. The seem like a dangerous deep in playoffs.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Nothing short of a top line of Zary Phillips Sutter will save this season

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
One or two players stepping up and taking over some games would be nice. Our top scorer is tied in 103rd with 16pts. EVERY other team has a player with more than 16 points and most teams have one innthe low to mid 20s, or 5+ players over 16 points. f***ing embarrassing with some of the contracts we have given out recently

Reactions: super6646

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad