Sheldon Keefe out in Toronto

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
In typical Toronto fashion, it's the coaches fault. How many coaches will this team ditch before they start to realize this core of players aren't playoff performers. Never have and never will. Changes to on ice personnel are needed for anything significant to happen. The coach is just a deflection of the facts.
18 coaches have been fired since the last season. So let's not act like this somehow typical of Toronto. It's typical for a league with a hard salary cap and trade clauses handed out like candy.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
This is shocking!!!! Shocking I tell you….. so out of the blue that no one saw this coming!

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
Not surprising, should've been done a while ago

Will this trigger some sot of domino?

Keefe to Pittsburgh and Sullivan elsewhere?

Reactions: Summer Rose

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Shanahan is running out of firing the Coaches, GM's cards. This team was destined to compete for the Cup with Lou at the helm. All he had to do was extend him another 3 years. His misread of hiring Dubas was a domino of disastrous moves too numerous to name that has brought this franchise to this point. Keefe was not the problem but he will be the latest scapegoat until Shanahan can no longer avoid the cross hairs.

Reactions: thegazelle

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I wanna see how Keefe does with a middleing team, not a team with prime Nylander Matthews and Marner on it.

Hard not to be a "good" coach when you have those guys

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Good coach. Though I agree with his firing in fact, I think they should clean house and fully commit to a new direction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad