Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Since you asked...

I've been moping around the house the last couple of days

My wife and I had to put "Nikki" to sleep yesterday...so I've been miserable

View attachment 229207

(she was 13 and the best dog we've ever had)

It's weird, but the only good news I could think of from this is that we had to put our other dog "Max" to sleep in 2011

...just a few weeks before the B's won the Cup!
Hugs. I'm sorry. It's never easy. Even when you know it's the best decision.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Gone to bed by 9 every night. Cleaned out the DVR. Did some yoga. Got a mani/pedi. Ate some normal meals. Went to Lowe’s and got paint samples for our deck. New propane tank for the grill. Went to our local ice cream stand for the first time this season. Watched the Red Sox and remembered how painful of a transition hockey to baseball is.

Harpoon 5-miler today so going to run some miles, drink some beers, enjoy some time with friends and spend the day in the city unrelated to hockey.

Not too shabby so far.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
mowed the lawn-- and my eyes have been leaking and roof of my mouth has bren itchy ever since

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I pulled my lawn mower out of my shed yesterday to finally mow the lawn for the first time this year. Every time I went to/felt like it, it was raining outside. Anyways..

It didnt start.

Went to my cousins house down the road to borrow his mower. He just did his own lawn. Got back to my house. Unloaded the mower.

It didn't start.

Me to no one but myself:
"Should've bought a condo, idiot!"

:laugh:

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Since you asked...

View attachment 229207

It's weird, but the only good news I could think of from this is that we had to put our other dog "Max" to sleep in 2011

That’s awful. I’m so sad for your loss. 13 is a long time.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Since you asked...

View attachment 229207

So sorry for your loss..

It's never easy..

Reactions: bobbyorr04

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I pulled my lawn mower out of my shed yesterday to finally mow the lawn for the first time this year. Every time I went to/felt like it, it was raining outside. Anyways..

It didnt start.

Went to my cousins house down the road to borrow his mower. He just did his own lawn. Got back to my house. Unloaded the mower.

It didn't start.

Me to no one but myself:
"Should've bought a condo, idiot!"

:laugh:

I’ve wanted to rent/go condo for years. Have a senior and a Freshman in HS.

Hope to convince my wife to unload the house when the younger one is in college, of course by then the market will probably be crap and the house will be worth 80-100k less than today.

Reactions: JCRO

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Since you asked...

View attachment 229207

I am so very sorry for your loss...

Reactions: bobbyorr04

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Recent bird sightings as reported to the Massachusetts Audubon Society:

Last week was awash with spring rarities: a brown pelican was spotted on Monomoy Island off Chatham, a lark sparrow at Hine’s Bridge in North Brookfield, a yellow-headed blackbird on private property on Plum Island and at feeders on Nantucket, a yellow-breasted chat at the Nahant Thicket Wildlife Sanctuary, a Kentucky warbler at Greenlawn Cemetery in Salem, and a painted bunting in the Pond Village neighborhood of North Truro. Winter finches are persisting long after their usual departures, particularly evening grosbeaks — five were seen at Wompatuck State Park in Hingham and another in Marblehead. Red crossbills were observed at Moose Hill in Sharon and Marblehead Neck, and pine siskins were spotted in Westwood and Brewster.

Cambridge:
At Mount Auburn Cemetery, highlights included a roosting common nighthawk, a yellow-billed cuckoo, a white-eyed vireo, a yellow-throated vireo, a worm-eating warbler, an orange-crowned warbler, a hooded warbler, a cerulean warbler, two Canada warblers, a bay-breasted warbler, and four Cape May warblers among 23 species of warbler.

Plum Island: Birders saw two great cormorants, eight pectoral sandpipers, two purple sandpipers, 11 Eastern whip-poor-wills, a white-eyed vireo, 39 black-and-white warblers, a worm-eating warbler, five Nashville warblers, 11 magnolia warblers, a bay-breasted warbler, 25 American redstarts, five Wilson’s warblers, and four orchard orioles.

Nantucket: There was a bufflehead at the Masquetuck Reservation, a chuck-will’s-widow in Sesachacha, an American coot downtown, a sandhill crane at the Siasconset Golf Course, a yellow-headed blackbird, a Kentucky warbler on Polpis Road, and a summer tanager on Madaket Road.

Miscellaneous: A gadwall was spotted at Bolton Flats, and a black guillemot was seen off Jerusalem Road in Cohasset. There was an Iceland gull in Westport. A black tern was seen at Great Meadows in Concord, and there was an alder flycatcher at the Stony Brook Wildlife Sanctuary in Norfolk. A willow flycatcher was seen at Millennium Park in West Roxbury, a fox sparrow was spotted at the Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary, and a worm-eating warbler was obeserved at the Heald Street Orchard in Pepperell.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Thanks. She's been sick for a few weeks so we knew it was coming, although it still hurts like hell when the day comes.

Since our kids left the nest awhile ago, the dogs were like our kids

So sorry. Its truly heartbreaking.
Yet I have had a lifelong cycle of it. I dont know how to stop it. Adopt/ years of joy/ heartbreak/ adopt.

Greyhounds

Sep 30, 2005
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
I don't know my birds, but I recently saw a hawk/eagle pluck a younger squirrel from the nest. Couldn't get a real good look at the bird, but it looked like it had darker feathers, with colored (red/yellow/orange?) wingtips.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad