2019 Stanley Cup Final What I Did Between Games

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I don't know my birds, but I recently saw a hawk/eagle pluck a younger squirrel from the nest. Couldn't get a real good look at the bird, but it looked like it had darker feathers, with colored (red/yellow/orange?) wingtips.

I recently looked up how to identify predator birds and to my surprise it had more to do with the shape of their wing, body, tail, and organization of feathers than colors

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
original.jpg

Sorry I suck at paint

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Got both kids riding their bikes w no training wheels, including the 3 y/o.
The new Darth Vader bike helped.

Wife’s baking has been taking off at the local farmers markets, I eat the leftovers. So a win no matter what.

Work trip starts tonight through Thursday and then taking F-Tuesday off. Couple conferences, dinner w top client and executives, then delivery of another project.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Is it still around? Check the Summer Shack. Ignore "Pins," or whatever it's called.

Bukowski’s On Cambridge St, yes it’s still there.

Ya know, I’ve lived in Somerville or Cambridge for over ten years now and I’ve never been to Summer Shack. I’ll check it out!

Reactions: GordonHowe

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Got both kids riding their bikes w no training wheels, including the 3 y/o.
The new Darth Vader bike helped.

Wife’s baking has been taking off at the local farmers markets, I eat the leftovers. So a win no matter what.

Work trip starts tonight through Thursday and then taking F-Tuesday off. Couple conferences, dinner w top client and executives, then delivery of another project.
What is she baking?
And that’s very cool, whatever it is.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Yesterday- dropped off some documents to the bank, spent 90 minutes in Home Depot getting stuff for the new place, cut & trimmed the lawn.

Today- ironing. Otherwise not a damn thing.

I spent enough time (and money) in Lowes and Home Depot between yesterday and today too.

Oh and in between it all spent some time evicting some unwanted tenants who have taken residence in the upstairs of our shed (it’s a huge building actually).

CA3BE19A-64E3-4D41-80DD-606B3E12BD1A.jpeg

I put some Tabasco, red pepper, dish soap and water in a spray bottle and flushed one of them out and got him pretty good with at least three direct shots of that potion and I haven’t seen or heard them (we think there’s 3 or 4 up there) for at least 3 hours now :DD

Reactions: bobbyorr04 and BMC

Regina

Apr 11, 2004
Regina
www.corrine.ca
On day three of no Bruins hockey I went fishing. I need to repair the row boat a bit . Perfect time to do so.

And I watched the Preakness start about 10 times over and laughed each time

Then I went into the hot tub
Anticipating the wackiness of day four

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
So far I’ve been trying to get outside, mostly. Played golf a couple times this weekend and went to the beach on Saturday. Also catching up on sleep. I went to bed at like 8 last night.

I was hoping to watch some baseball this week and probably get to a game but the pace is too slow compared to the playoffs so I’m not ready for that just yet. Also the Mets seem to be in the middle of their annual spiral into the basement, so it’s just depressing

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Bukowski’s On Cambridge St, yes it’s still there.

Ya know, I’ve lived in Somerville or Cambridge for over ten years now and I’ve never been to Summer Shack. I’ll check it out!

I'm actually thinking of the Bukowski's on Dalton St. No booze the last time I was there, but many different beers to sample. If you keep walking down toward the Christian Science area, you'll pass "Kings" and the Summer Shack is right next to it.

It's a pretty cool place. Good seafood (Jasper White is the fellow behind it), good raw bar, and casual. Try it.

Gordon Lightfoot

Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I'm actually thinking of the Bukowski's on Dalton St. No booze the last time I was there, but many different beers to sample. If you keep walking down toward the Christian Science area, you'll pass "Kings" and the Summer Shack is right next to it.

It's a pretty cool place. Good seafood (Jasper White is the fellow behind it), good raw bar, and casual. Try it.

Oh wow, haha. I’ve never been to that Bukowskis’s. And I only knew of the Summer Shack near Alewife!

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Oh wow, haha. I’ve never been to that Bukowskis’s. And I only knew of the Summer Shack near Alewife!

Don't get into town much, eh? I lived in Porter Square back in '85. There was nothing there. Summahville is now "Somerville." And what about Grendel's in Harvard Square? That's been gone a long time, I believe.

If you like seafood, do check the Summer Shack, Alewife or Boston.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

Gordon Lightfoot

Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Don't get into town much, eh? I lived in Porter Square back in '85. There was nothing there. Summahville is not, "Somerville." And what about Grendel's in Harvard Square? That's been gone a long time, I believe.

If you like seafood, do check the Summer Shack, Alewife or Boston.

Grendel’s Den is still there. I’ve been a couple times.

I almost never go to Boston. I used to work near South Station but now my life pretty much revolves around Cambridge.

Somerville has changed a lot since I’ve lived in the area. I can’t even imagine 30+ years ago!

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Grendel’s Den is still there. I’ve been a couple times.

I almost never go to Boston. I used to work near South Station but now my life pretty much revolves around Cambridge.

Somerville has changed a lot since I’ve lived in the area. I can’t even imagine 30+ years ago!

Is it really? The last time I was in Harvard Square, a few years ago, it seemed to me it was no longer around.

Harvard Sq. has changed so much, never mind Somerville.

RIP Out of Town News.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad