2019 Stanley Cup Final What I Did Between Games

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
I’ve fallen in love with a tinder chick who went to Europe and then hooked up with a hot mom going thru a bad divorce.

Tmrw I’ll stay at a holiday inn so something good happens in my life.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I've had mixed emotions. The Bruins haven't played this late into May since 2013, so part of me is accustomed to them not playing.

But usually there's at least a couple of weeks of lamenting what could have been, and sadness that the season is over.

With hockey 'out of sight, out of mind,' it quickly dawns on me that there is some pressing unfinished business.

I remember all the pent up emotions from 20011 (exacerbated by the arrogant Canucks and their fans), so the respite has been nice.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
10 Things To Do During Bruins' 10-Day Break Before Stanley Cup Final

If it already feels as if it’s been a month since the Bruins last played, then you better somehow wrap your head around the fact that there’s still a week left before the team actually plays a real hockey game.

Mercy.

The 10-day layoff for the Bruins is not ideal for anyone. It’s not great for the players, who definitely don’t mind some rest at this time of year but also don’t want to go into hibernation. (Bear pun; get it?) It’s not great for the fans, who have spent every other day for a full month enjoying the best that playoff hockey has to offer. It’s not great for the league or its broadcast partners, which can’t be too excited to have a marquee team standing idle for so long.

Doesn’t seem like it’s too great for anyone.

Alas, as the sports folks say, it is what it is. Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final won’t begin until May 27, and there’s nothing you can do to change that.

What you can do is try to stay busy in order to keep yourself entertained.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I went to Six Flags Great Adventure and rode some world class roller coasters, theb yesterday, my boss' boss, who is a huge Maple Leafs fan, offered me a promotion, so that's rad.

Also starting to keep an eye on plane tickets to St. Louis. My dad grew up there and he's really excited about the Blues chances to make the Cup. He floated the idea of meeting in StL for game 4 if the Blues can close out their series. Would be awesome.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
10 Things To Do During Bruins' 10-Day Break Before Stanley Cup Final

If it already feels as if it’s been a month since the Bruins last played, then you better somehow wrap your head around the fact that there’s still a week left before the team actually plays a real hockey game.

Mercy.

The 10-day layoff for the Bruins is not ideal for anyone. It’s not great for the players, who definitely don’t mind some rest at this time of year but also don’t want to go into hibernation. (Bear pun; get it?) It’s not great for the fans, who have spent every other day for a full month enjoying the best that playoff hockey has to offer. It’s not great for the league or its broadcast partners, which can’t be too excited to have a marquee team standing idle for so long.

Doesn’t seem like it’s too great for anyone.

Alas, as the sports folks say, it is what it is. Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final won’t begin until May 27, and there’s nothing you can do to change that.

What you can do is try to stay busy in order to keep yourself entertained.

Good job by Hurly.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Recent bird sightings as reported to the Massachusetts Audubon Society:

Last week was awash with spring rarities: a brown pelican was spotted on Monomoy Island off Chatham, a lark sparrow at Hine’s Bridge in North Brookfield, a yellow-headed blackbird on private property on Plum Island and at feeders on Nantucket, a yellow-breasted chat at the Nahant Thicket Wildlife Sanctuary, a Kentucky warbler at Greenlawn Cemetery in Salem, and a painted bunting in the Pond Village neighborhood of North Truro. Winter finches are persisting long after their usual departures, particularly evening grosbeaks — five were seen at Wompatuck State Park in Hingham and another in Marblehead. Red crossbills were observed at Moose Hill in Sharon and Marblehead Neck, and pine siskins were spotted in Westwood and Brewster.

Cambridge:
At Mount Auburn Cemetery, highlights included a roosting common nighthawk, a yellow-billed cuckoo, a white-eyed vireo, a yellow-throated vireo, a worm-eating warbler, an orange-crowned warbler, a hooded warbler, a cerulean warbler, two Canada warblers, a bay-breasted warbler, and four Cape May warblers among 23 species of warbler.

Plum Island: Birders saw two great cormorants, eight pectoral sandpipers, two purple sandpipers, 11 Eastern whip-poor-wills, a white-eyed vireo, 39 black-and-white warblers, a worm-eating warbler, five Nashville warblers, 11 magnolia warblers, a bay-breasted warbler, 25 American redstarts, five Wilson’s warblers, and four orchard orioles.

Nantucket: There was a bufflehead at the Masquetuck Reservation, a chuck-will’s-widow in Sesachacha, an American coot downtown, a sandhill crane at the Siasconset Golf Course, a yellow-headed blackbird, a Kentucky warbler on Polpis Road, and a summer tanager on Madaket Road.

Miscellaneous: A gadwall was spotted at Bolton Flats, and a black guillemot was seen off Jerusalem Road in Cohasset. There was an Iceland gull in Westport. A black tern was seen at Great Meadows in Concord, and there was an alder flycatcher at the Stony Brook Wildlife Sanctuary in Norfolk. A willow flycatcher was seen at Millennium Park in West Roxbury, a fox sparrow was spotted at the Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary, and a worm-eating warbler was obeserved at the Heald Street Orchard in Pepperell.
Last month for about two weeks there was a little bird who landed on my office windowsill and kept pecking on/flying into the window. A coworker identified it as a redpoll and said it saw its reflection in the window and was protecting its nest from the "other bird." :laugh: He finally gave up, haven't seen him in a while.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I spent enough time (and money) in Lowes and Home Depot between yesterday and today too.

Oh and in between it all spent some time evicting some unwanted tenants who have taken residence in the upstairs of our shed (it’s a huge building actually).

View attachment 229423

I put some Tabasco, red pepper, dish soap and water in a spray bottle and flushed one of them out and got him pretty good with at least three direct shots of that potion and I haven’t seen or heard them (we think there’s 3 or 4 up there) for at least 3 hours now :DD
You have a squirrel problem too, huh?

Daisy can relate.

20190413_165235.jpg

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Last month for about two weeks there was a little bird who landed on my office windowsill and kept pecking on/flying into the window. A coworker identified it as a redpoll and said it saw its reflection in the window and was protecting its nest from the "other bird." :laugh: He finally gave up, haven't seen him in a while.

Better check that out.....it could be a Kadri yellow belly sapsucker

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Last night (Tuesday), the Blues dispatched the Sharks in 6 games. The Stanley Cup Final won't begin until next Monday! That accords the banged up Blues five days rest. That's more than necessary. In the old days, a team was allowed just two days healing time.

IMO, this Cup Final should begin Saturday evening (for Hockey Night in Canada).

If the B's beat the Blues, Beantown will have three major sports winners (Red Sox, Patriots and Bruins) during the past 12 months. When did that last happen?

Reactions: BMC and Chief Nine

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3