Speculation: What happens when Lazar breaks through?

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
He'll just get wasted on the 4th line with Zibanejad. Keep him far away from Maclean.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I'd rather him take Condra's spot.

If we could get 2011-2012 Greening back, and Maclean could break up GSN that would be great

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Lazar is much better than pageau so I don't think it will be the same situation. I don't see the ghallagher comparison. I think he can turn into an Oreilly type with higher end speed

SenatorArmy*

sounds good to me no matter where they play him, if i had to choose an odd man out it'd probably have to be Spezza, just based on age

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
still dont see how he would fit in next year

i think he goes back to junior

KarlssonnSchultz

Feb 5, 2013
Ottawa
Ryan-Spezza-Hemsky
Macarthur-Turris-Stone
Michalek-Zibanejad-Lazar/Hoffman
Figure our whoever-Smith-Neil

1.Have Spezza and Ryan work together in the offseason. Give that line a lot of pp time with the current top PP and give them 3rd line type 5 on 5 minutes.
2.I just like this second line.
3.Fairly fast 200 foot third line that can score.
4.Would love to see Smith move up but it stays hard. If one of the young guys isn't doing well try Smith in a top 6 role at wing and see how he does.

Have Spezza, Hemsky, Michalek, Hoffman, Karlsson top pp.
With Turris Ryan Macarthur/Stone Wiercioch Ceci as the second.

Lot's of scoring and if we can sign/trade for a top 4 D I think this team should easily make the playoffs next year.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
still dont see how he would fit in next year

i think he goes back to junior

With the way stone and Hoffman have played I have to agree with you. If Hemsky and Michalek aren't signed then he stays. If they both sign then there is literally no room for him.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Please for once can we not rush a quality prospect? Keep him in junior. Rushing Zib and Cowen has done wonders for their development.

SenatorArmy*

Out of all players. Spezza would be the odd man out? Just based on age ? 30?

I mean if a center is the odd man out. I mean I guess you could keep Spezza, but then you have Turris/Z-bad behind him, & where do you put Lazar? on the 4th line?? I'm talking about players playing at their natural positions. If Lazar can play the wing & be the dominant player he is expected to be then great.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Please for once can we not rush a quality prospect? Keep him in junior. Rushing Zib and Cowen has done wonders for their development.

Agreed 100%. Give the kid his 9 games next season to get a taste of the NHL game, then let him go back to the WHL and absolutely dominate offensively.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Ryan-Spezza-Hemsky
Macarthur-Turris-Stone
Michalek-Zibanejad-Lazar/Hoffman
Figure our whoever-Smith-Neil

1.Have Spezza and Ryan work together in the offseason. Give that line a lot of pp time with the current top PP and give them 3rd line type 5 on 5 minutes.
2.I just like this second line.
3.Fairly fast 200 foot third line that can score.
4.Would love to see Smith move up but it stays hard. If one of the young guys isn't doing well try Smith in a top 6 role at wing and see how he does.

Have Spezza, Hemsky, Michalek, Hoffman, Karlsson top pp.
With Turris Ryan Macarthur/Stone Wiercioch Ceci as the second.

Lot's of scoring and if we can sign/trade for a top 4 D I think this team should easily make the playoffs next year.

Wahh, that's a dirty scoring lineup if we have Turris-Mac playing like they did this season and stay healthy.

I have a gut feeling that Lazar gets traded in the offseason in a package deal to land a big fish to play with Spezza is we don't have Hemsky/Milo.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Wahh, that's a dirty scoring lineup if we have Turris-Mac playing like they did this season and stay healthy.

I have a gut feeling that Lazar gets traded in the offseason in a package deal to land a big fish to play with Spezza is we don't have Hemsky/Milo.

I don't like fish.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I don't think it will be a concern next yr, my guess is that he is returned to junior after his nine game stint to play in the WJC. I don't see room on this roster next season for him or where he would fit, which line & besides there could be a player or two in Bingo who is ahead of him like Puemple, maybe Schneider or Grant too. I'm not saying skill wise, I'm saying they could make the team before Lazar on the bottom 6 where they may want him in the top six. I already think Stone is ahead of him, don't you?

Carrie Underwood

Jul 28, 2010
Lazar just gives me this internal feeling of future captain, heart player, the next Alfie, but instead he will lead us to the cup. Just a feeling

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Agreed 100%. Give the kid his 9 games next season to get a taste of the NHL game, then let him go back to the WHL and absolutely dominate offensively.

This. He looks really good but he could be much more with more development time. Give him another year in junior, being the undisputed "man" on the team, being it's captain once again (captain of Team Canada at the WJC too?). Another year with the puck on his stick all the time and a little more time and space to make things happen with the puck on his stick will help him develop.

I don't want him coming up and playing a complimentary role or low minute role. He needs tons of ice.

Also, with his playing style another year of getting fitter and stronger will also help. Gallagher may be small but he's in great shape and quite strong for his size.

Besides, if the sens resign Michalek and Hemsky, which I hope they do, there is no room for him on the roster. It's time to se what Stone and Hoffman can do next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad