GDT: What happens in Vegas is broadcast on National TV, CGY(19-18-5) @ VGK(24-13-5) 8pm MDT HNIC

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Not a great game from sharangovich tn, but i thought huberdeau and Lindholm was still decent and had chances. other 2 of our "2nd lines" just keeps chugging along. That 4th needs to be torched tho, they just get hemmed left right and center.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I'm starting to really like this team and that's scaring me

Really good - Blake Coleman titan among mere mortals, what a set of gigantic brass balls this guy has.
Markstrom is a very solid starting goalie, seems to be rarer and rarer these days so I would rather hang on to him than trade. For all the shit he's eaten from Flames fans he's easily the best tender they've had since Kipper.
Pospisil and Zary were both awesome, creating chances and some surprisingly deft passing from Pospisil especially.

Good - All three top 9 centers were quality. Backs finishing on a breakaway, Lindholm making plays drawing contact, and Kadri being a menace in the slot. Tanev and Hanifin both very solid defensively. Ruzicka not a lot of chances but much better hustle in this game.

Not bad - Weegar and Andersson both some good and some bad. Ras especially seems to be all over the place lately, although I never want him to stop jumping up. 3rd pairing was fine. Dube physical and skates fast. Seems to be always chasing. Mangiapane had a slick little pass on the Backlund's goal.

Not good - Sharangovich, Huberdeau. Greer seems to be fading some but one of the more physically engaged.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Zary should at the very least be in the Calder ballot conversation.
I think he gets top 5. Outside shot at top 3 short of some absolutely wild shit happening. But that's a lot more than what most of us expected. Zary has some issues that will work out with time (just getting used to the NHL pace and play), but he's always pushing, always trying stuff, and you can tell he doesn't really take games off.

Reactions: Tofveve

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
I said I would watch...and I did.. but after 2 up in the middle of the 2nd... I was too nervous and I went to bed not wanting to jinx :D :D Just watched the highlights... This is an unreal effort! Shame we can't beat teams like Chicago but can destroy Vegas!

I agree with you Bounces- Pospi made couple of unreal plays that required finish- what a shame, guy is a keeper 100%.

To me, Markstrom been on some crazy drugs and Backs/TX Tiger have been using the same dealer for some time now.

Weeger & Raz keep having Noah Hanifin moments from the past quite regularly- keepers won't be bailing them out forever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad