What happens if we win the SC this year?

May 10, 2010
Why do you say that? No one doesn't want the Pens to win. Whatever things have been said in the Despres threads are merely said out of frustration.

First round sweep against or pens cup are neck and neck with me. Anything else is disappointing.

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE CUP...HELLO
The whole point is to win the cup.

No I watch to enjoy myself through the journey. When the enjoyment stops I find another activity to do instead of acting like a beaten man returning to his woman like a dumbass to get more. Actually taht's a lie since I returned to the team when they fired Bylsma thinked they'd "changed" but boy am I a classic sucker.

I actually care about the comraderie of my friends who want the Pens to win more than I like the Pens themselves anymore.

SlapShot_351Pyxurz.jpg

Can anyone with an advanced degree in computer sciences kindly explain how to insert a picture???? holy hell you need to be an IT professional in order to do anything on this site

Or have a modicum of knowledge of the world around them like knowing how to fill your tank with gas or make change.

Vyruz Reaper

Oct 4, 2005
Sunny SoCal
"This is how we got stuck with HCDB the last time around. Do we want JR or MJ around here long term?" - That sounds to me like he/she is asking if we really want to win the Cup, given the horrible consequences.

You implied wrong good sir. My intent was that, with or without a cup, there are issues with this organization that should be addressed. First I thought it may have been a MJ and/or JR thing but I am doubting that now.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
You implied wrong good sir. My intent was that, with or without a cup, there are issues with this organization that should be addressed. First I thought it may have been a MJ and/or JR thing but I am doubting that now.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here and interpret your post as asking whether a Cup would mean another too-long leash for people. Or simply, whether the Pens will have learned anything from 2009-2014.

The coaching situation is similar. I mean, here again, you would have a rookie coach winning the Stanley Cup. But this time, it'd be a coach with a full season, and a team coming not off a Finals appearance, but five straight postseason maladies. Johnston will have a greater claim to earning his time, I think.

And the GM thing is different, because Rutherford seems committed to only a short tenure for himself. That already changes the circumstances compared to 2009.

What you're really asking, though, is if Craig Adams or Rob Scuderi will be here in 2019. That's a tougher question.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
If we win the Cup somehow this year, it's def bc of MJ being a great coach (despite his stupid lineup choices).

DB benefited enormously from the strong habits MT had instilled in his players...he basically cashed in on MT's coaching prowess. MJ doesn't have that luxury, because, unlike MT before him, DB hasn't instilled strong habits in these guys.

Vyruz Reaper

Oct 4, 2005
Sunny SoCal
If we win the Cup somehow this year, it's def bc of MJ being a great coach (despite his stupid lineup choices).

DB benefited enormously from the strong habits MT had instilled in his players...he basically cashed in on MT's coaching prowess. MJ doesn't have that luxury, because, unlike MT before him, DB hasn't instilled strong habits in these guys.

When are we going to stop with blaming Bylsma with were the team is now? In one hand, we give credit to MJ for having a full season for any team's success, in another we give him a pass for having to undue what DB did when we are losing.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
At this rate, a second Cup might actually be enough to hold me until the next franchise tank.

I'm 1000000 percent in agreement. Seriously. I thought two would be my number and three would be kick ass. Two, with how things have gone, would be a blessing. And truthfullly I almost have a bitter taste over our entire organization.

They make me hate the sport I love.

FRUSTRATEDPENFAN*

I'm 1000000 percent in agreement. Seriously. I thought two would be my number and three would be kick ass. Two, with how things have gone, would be a blessing. And truthfullly I almost have a bitter taste over our entire organization.

They make me hate the sport I love.

The team deserve to win another cup but the fans of this team don't deserve it so I hope they don't win and Crosby goes to a team and fan base that deserve him.

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
When are we going to stop with blaming Bylsma with were the team is now? In one hand, we give credit to MJ for having a full season for any team's success, in another we give him a pass for having to undue what DB did when we are losing.

The key issue it seems is that Bylsma was given a pass for five years simply because he happened to be behind the bench when we won the Cup in 2009. I will not dismiss his efforts and contributions to winning that Cup in 2009, but everything that came after that as well as the permissive attitude that rationalized embarrassing failures is what everyone is upset about.

On one hand HCDB continuously did what lead this team to
failure, with impunity... on the other hand those in authority over him not only allowed it but seemingly encouraged it considering what occurred in the 2012 playoff series versus archrival Flyers and Bylma's subsequent extension.

philchaka

Apr 15, 2014
Hopefully it would mean Cole, KIRK and co. would be a bit less miserable this next offseason.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I say if we Win the Cup we go nuts and trade the following to the team with the top pick:

Martin, Sutter, 2015 1st, Kunitz, Scuderi (keep half his salary) for the top pick. Throw in our analytics guys and Adams for free.

All this is in accordance with HFB Trade Law. :thumbu:

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
Not quite the 17 year wait like last time, but I'll still shed a small tear of joy and then commence to *****ing about the team a year later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad