What happens if we win the SC this year?

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Who cares? You guys think winning a Cup is easy? If we win a Cup then it's all good, all forgotten again. Babcock or a new GM doesn't garantee us a Cup. If we can have another Cup this year I'll take it with all the bad that comes from it. Because it's the Cup....

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
"This is how we got stuck with HCDB the last time around. Do we want JR or MJ around here long term?" - That sounds to me like he/she is asking if we really want to win the Cup, given the horrible consequences.

yeah, well, okay. people are dumb. You always take winning the Cup and simultaneously hoping for growth.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I don't even need a Cup win. I just want to see some fight/guts/determination. Even if they bow out in the 1st round and show that, i'm good.

Pens in the playoffs have been listless for awhile now. I want that page of the Penguins turned.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
I don't even need a Cup win. I just want to see some fight/guts/determination. Even if they bow out in the 1st round and show that, i'm good.

Pens in the playoffs have been listless for awhile now. I want that page of the Penguins turned.

Well you won't see any fights, unless it's Downie taking his token beating. I think there's much more of a chance of seeing Sid or Geno seriously injured than any of the things you mentioned

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
Thanks. Well when I found an image online, click on properties, that's the address/URL it says it has. Is there some other URL hidden somewhere I need to look for?

That website might be trying to protect it's images and not showing the direct URL. You may just have to download it and upload it yourself via IMGUR.

Mischa

Feb 11, 2012
If they won then they've fixed the things that has frustrated us. Showing motivation and solid game plans with adjustments would be wonderful to see and a step in the right direction. Still would be nice for development and player evaluation to be improved but can't win em all.
(Well besides generally being excited about winning the championship)

I don't even want MJ fired (unless it's for Babcock).

All i want is for this team to accept player development as a requirement, not a pants-like suggestion.

Pants are for squares

Last edited:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Well you won't see any fights, unless it's Downie taking his token beating. I think there's much more of a chance of seeing Sid or Geno seriously injured than any of the things you mentioned

Wasn't talking about fights at all. Playing hard and fast, taking a hit to make a play, guys sticking up for each other in a pack mentality will be more to my liking.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I do think a certain contingent of Pens fans overanalyze everything to the point of going mad. And just to clarify, I'm not referring to the recent move this organization made. :) Mind you, a fair amount of it is warranted. Fans have had to go through wasted years because of questionable coaching, short-sighted management, and untimely injuries.

Would another SC alleviate all of that? Hard to say. It would probably last until the next spring, especially if they were to lose like they did against Montreal.

YeeYee

Mar 3, 2011
Illinois
YOU PLAY TO WIN THE CUP...HELLO
The whole point is to win the cup. If that happens and we give MJ an extension i think i will get over it.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
All is forgiven.

The reason I stress about the decisions made is because I want another Cup.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'll be at the parade with two sons this time around, and Probably another championship party on the beach for my first son again.

Blowup Stanley and all. Good times...

YinzAintBurgh*

Obviously we don't celebrate and boycott the parade because Lovejoy stole Despres cup.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
I don't care if I was wrong & JR was right. Prove me wrong please.

The feeling when we won the Cup sitting beside my Dad who took to so many games & sacrificed so much for me to play in high school over the years was one of the greatest moments in my life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad