What happens first (re: Kovalchuk)

What happens first?

• Total voters

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
It could very easily be none of these

You think a guy that spent almost 6 years in the KHL came back only to play for a bottom feeder where he is put on the 4th line even though he is the leading scorer by a coach that has a history of treating Russian players poorly? Ok. I mean, maybe he is happy collecting his pay cheque, but I think that's less likely than the situations listed above.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Why did he pick LA if he wanted a good chance at the cup? Thought the league was still playing that style that killed him in the finals? He researched poorly when making his decision.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The whole situation is. a joke. Kovalchuk shouldn't have gone there if he wanted to win and the Kings shouldn't have signed him if he wasn't going to be utilized properly.

Just a weird deal

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Both should probably happen. Kovalchuk is among the last in league in +/- and shouldn't really see much 5-on-5 action if at all.

And Desjardins is a bottom-2 coach in the league. Probably won't help to change him, and at this point you can just let him sit in his own mess and secure a high draft pick. But out of principle, both.

EDIT: didn't read options properly, I thought it was a "who goes first".

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
I don't think he requests a trade. I think he chose LA because its LA. Weather, people, a lot to do and see. I don't think he was thinking of being competitive and what style that team played which he's likely regretting now.

He likely takes off this off season or is traded somewhere that matches what he wanted (Tampa, Florida, one of the other Cali teams).

Love

Feb 29, 2012
You guys really think he picked LA because he “wants to win”? Lol gimme a break. He chose LA because it’s 300 days of sunshine and I don’t blame him.

Howard Beale

Apr 7, 2010
You think a guy that spent almost 6 years in the KHL came back only to play for a bottom feeder where he is put on the 4th line even though he is the leading scorer by a coach that has a history of treating Russian players poorly? Ok. I mean, maybe he is happy collecting his pay cheque, but I think that's less likely than the situations listed above.
The other possibility (missing from the poll) is that Desjardins stays, Kovalchuk stays, and Desjardins gives him proper playing time and things work out fine.

Reactions: jetsforever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad