What happened to the Canadian Teams in the Pacific?

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
We don't know, we don't know.

Burke is hiding behind a garbage can in Calgary now. The shrinking into disappearance has been remarkable over this 7 game skid.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
And here I was, finally taking those "Canucks are for real guiz! Miller got that swagger stuffs!" threads serious and well...oh well.

That Bonino guy though, right?

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
Vancouver has no blueline depth without Hamhuis, could not afford that injury, no depth there to cover for it.

Calgary, I'm gonna put it up to the schedule getting tougher and a bit of fatigue. It's a young team, fatigue can be an issue. They need the Christmas break.

Huge game tomorrow between those two, huge, gotta figure if one of them takes it in regulation the loser starts to think how their playoff race is over. That's how I see it. Four point game potentially, I'm expecting some serious intensity in that one, definitely some coaches fighting in the locker room round two potential here.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Vancouver has no blueline depth without Hamhuis, could not afford that injury, no depth there to cover for it.

Calgary, I'm gonna put it up to the schedule getting tougher and a bit of fatigue. It's a young team, fatigue can be an issue. They need the Christmas break.

Huge game tomorrow between those two, huge, gotta figure if one of them takes it in regulation the loser starts to think how their playoff race is over. That's how I see it. Four point game potentially, I'm expecting some serious intensity in that one, definitely some coaches fighting in the locker room round two potential here.

It seems like everyone but you guys knew this.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Vancouver and Calgary play tomorrow. Someones losing streak is going to end.

Burke is hiding behind a garbage can in Calgary now. The shrinking into disappearance has been remarkable over this 7 game skid.

What do you mean? The GM has been on the radio pretty much every day. Burke has been quiet all year, since the draft really.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Vancouver and Calgary play tomorrow. Someones losing streak is going to end.

What do you mean? The GM has been on the radio pretty much every day. Burke has been quiet all year, since the draft really.

During the late stages of this skid (3 or 4 games along)? He was visible it seemed at the pinnacle and then a game or 2 after the downswing. But admittedly I haven't been listening to Calgary radio other than broadcasts and post-game shows as I've been out of province, so haven't heard the day-time programs in the last couple of weeks. I do know the Sportsnet clips of him lauding the team and its play disappeared about 5 losses ago.

If he indeed has been getting interviewed and giving sound bites, what's he been saying about this epic slide?

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
^My personal favourite was on the Hartley extension. Jokingly said to distract the fans from the losing streak it was either Re-sign the coach, or light himself on fire and run around downtown.

Other than that just the usual. He trusts the coaching staff, won't make any knee jerk reaction trades because of the slump, doing little things right other than a few costly defensive breakdowns. Last time I heard him I was just listening for the Hartley stuff and didn't pay much attention when it came to talking about the rest of the team.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I don't see anything odd. Calgary should be bottom 10 team, Vancouver should be playoff bubble team at best. So things are starting to look more realistic.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
and western canadian fans true priority always shows up...
Not saying I disagree with the western canada sentiment, but....
Zeke, you quoted a Habs fan from Montreal and a sens fan from Toronto.....

Oh you, never change.

Last edited:

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
It seems like everyone but you guys knew this.

Whose you guys? Many Canuck fans were expecting the worst after Hamhuis went down, the d looked fine for a few games but it was a ticking time bomb

Could really use a Garrison ugh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad