What happened to the Canadian Teams in the Pacific?

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
flames and canucks regressing to what they're supposed to be

that actually looks pretty good for the oilers though, good on them for keeping their losing streak in single digits

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
I haven't watched many Vancouver games this year but in Calgary the problem has been they have been coming from behind all year. And normally that ends up biting you in the butt. And it looks like it has started.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
It was bound to happen to the Flames eventually. We saw some regulars get healthy, so some of the younger guys who were provided a lot of energy have been sent back down. Might take a bit for Colborne/Stajan/Raymond, and soon Backlund, to get back into it.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Meh, Van and Calgary will be in the wildcard hunt I suspect. Edmonton is gunning for a different prize, a much coveted prize of which we shall not speak it's name.

Falcons93

Nov 30, 2008
Calgary and Vancouver are good teams and are still in the playoff hunt. They'll turn things around. As for the Oilers, that seems par for the course.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Reality set in for Vancouver anyway, the team lacks depth on D When Healthyand has Hamhuis out. They also lack skill so scoring is gonna be a problem. The Sedins are second liners at this point so if anyone out there wants to give the Canucks some first line talent we'd really appreciate it.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Expectations will always rise sky-high for some canadian teams when they do well. It also sparks some "questionable" general forum threads - I hope there's at least a sting of embarrassment a few weeks later when this happens, but yea.

Calgary fans probably didn't expect their team to be doing this well, Canucks fans are most likely not that surprised, Oiler fans... well...

Jun 15, 2014
Are you referring to the 5ish games losing streak those teams are currently on, or are you referring to the 25ish games before that?

Burrrrnnnn.

Literally though, 'sample sizes' get thrown around so much. Watch the team play a couple games and forge a legit opinion on them.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Not really a slump if Vancouver are playing as they were expected to. The first 20 games were playing over their heads.

Expectations =/= reality

I love how teams are only capable of playing above their skill level but are never capable of playing below it. It's a strange Internet phenomenon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->