What happened to Antti Niemi?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
The difference was noticeable right away too. Imagine if the Sharks had replaced Nabokov with someone who wasn't swiss ****ing cheese back in 2011. Maybe they wouldn't have wasted 5 years of Thornton and Marleau in their primes and gone all the way.

No it wasn't, you guys were pimping him like crazy on here and it was considered beyond asinine to choose Crawford in the Niemi vs. Crawford debate. We also had to hear about how Wilson was an evil genius for offersheeting Hjalmarsson and how the Sharks wanted Niemi more than Hjalmarsson.

saxonmiller

May 26, 2017
Winnipeg
He couldn't up the Antti.

giphy.gif

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Yeah he was always smoke and mirrors. Sharks made a big mistake buying the hype on him, deciding to go cheap on goaltending and eschew proven and/or obvious talent.

The Sharks also extended him way too soon.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
People need to appreciate how bad Dallas is at D.

I would want to retire as well lol

That is true. That's one of the worst defensive teams I've seen. That's gonna be hard to fix, might take a few years of remaking the roster before they are ready to seriously compete.

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
I remember a few years ago when he had a 31 save shutout against the Hawks for his 31st career shutout at age 31 on January 31st and also wears #31. Crazy ****.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad