What first round series should I be most excited about?

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I'm most excited about EDM-SJ and WSH-TOR.

Least excited OTT-BOS

This. These two series should be fun to watch. Four teams that like to play with speed and offense. Plus, two young teams vs two veteran teams makes for nice storylines.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
All of them. Love the 1st round of the Playoffs. In order of my personal interest (some bias and some not ;))

1) Habs vs Rangers:
2) Pens vs BJ
3) Oilers vs Sharks
4) Sens vs Bruins
5) Flames vs Ducks
6) Blues vs Wild
7) Hawks vs Preds
8) Caps vs Leafs

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
Leafs Vs Capitals
Rangers Vs Montreal
Sharks Vs Oilers
Penguins Vs Blue Jackets
Flames Vs Ducks
Wild Vs Blues
Blackhawks Vs Predators
Bruins Vs Ottawa

UnrefinedCrude

Jun 7, 2011
I'm most excited about EDM-SJ and WSH-TOR.

Least excited OTT-BOS

me too.

But I feel like for those without a rooting interest the Ducks/Flames match up has potential to be the most intense physical series of the first round. there's a lot of ill-will on both sides, and I just get the feeling things will get out of control.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Oilers vs Sharks - For the McDavid factor and Edmonton Home Ice will make it a wild series
Flames vs Ducks - Bad blood will make this series a bitter and violent one. But have a hard time seeing if it will be competitive as the Ducks are so dominant against the Flames.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
I'm really looking forward to ducks and flames. I think that we be a battle.

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
Imo I'm glad there's no battle of Alberta.

Ducks and Flames hate each other already while the Sharks and Oilers looks like a great skill matchup. Geography aside this is a better matchup.

Same thing with Ottawa vs Boston. Both teams don't like each other and more even for a very interesting series. While Toronto doesn't really have that much hate for either team yet. That hate needs to be built up a bit more for hype.

Just my opinion.

The thing I like about the playoffs this year is every series having something intereting to offer for viewing. I think the Wild vs. Blues is a dark horse to be a great series.

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
Oilers vs Sharks - For the McDavid factor and Edmonton Home Ice will make it a wild series
Flames vs Ducks - Bad blood will make this series a bitter and violent one. But have a hard time seeing if it will be competitive as the Ducks are so dominant against the Flames.

Vlasic, arguably the best defensive dman in the league and Burns the most offensive built like a truck vs. McDavid will be really interesting to watch.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
I'm sure they'll all be entertaining(playoff hockey is really the best) but none of them really jump out at me. Pens-Jackets has probably the most potential, rest of the East is kinda meh. Excited to see the kids in Toronto though, Game 3 of that series will be wild I'm sure.

Out west the Central matchups always seem to be the same, kinda tired of them. Oilers will be fun to watch for sure, Ducks-Flames have some bad blood so that'll be a good watch.

Overall I'm a little disappointed how it shook out but playoff hockey is playoff hockey, give me overtimes and drama :)

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Just throw a dart and hope it doesn't hit WSH-TOR. Although it will be cool to see the Leafs back in the playoffs so.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Vlasic, arguably the best defensive dman in the league and Burns the most offensive built like a truck vs. McDavid will be really interesting to watch.

McDavid has owned Vlasic and the Sharks this year. I'm chomping at the bit for this one.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Tkachuk getting playoff Kesler and Perry on his face is going to be interesting. I hope the kid can take it without bursting into tears.

Playoff Torts on Crosby, Malkin and Kessel is another one I'm looking forward to.

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
Imo I'm glad there's no battle of Alberta.

Ducks and Flames hate each other already while the Sharks and Oilers looks like a great skill matchup. Geography aside this is a better matchup.

Same thing with Ottawa vs Boston. Both teams don't like each other and more even for a very interesting series. While Toronto doesn't really have that much hate for either team yet. That hate needs to be built up a bit more for hype.

Just my opinion.

The thing I like about the playoffs this year is every series having something intereting to offer for viewing. I think the Wild vs. Blues is a dark horse to be a great series.

Ottawa and Boston actually are quite friendly. Fans have always gotten along well. Go check out the playoff thread for the series. Lots of people saying goodbye to our friendship.

Boston has had lots of former sens players and management over the years and nothing bad has happened between the team so i think from all levels thing have been friendly.

That will likely change after the bloodbath that is coming but hopefully we can come out of this series with our friendship intact.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
Most exciting teams in Ottawa and Boston gonna make for a CRAZY playoff round.

You're kidding right?
:shakehead
This will be the most boring of all 8 series.
With Boucher clogging up the middle in his Ali rope-a-dope with Boston trying to stay awake and not make a mistake.
The games will end with both teams with less than 25 shots a piece and no more than one goal 5 on 5.
Then after the whistle blows we can look forward to Marchand and Burrows (and maybe even Chris Neil for old times sake) to provide their clown routine.
Wake me when it's over.
:(

SamuraiSword

Apr 10, 2017
Oilers vs Sharks will be wide open imo. It's going to be a fun series to watch, and it's McDavid's first playoff series!

Also Capitals vs Leafs will be entertaining. Matthews and co. vs Ovi and co.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
If you want to see cheap shots and fights watch Flames vs Ducks.

My homer series aside, this one is going to be awesome.

Would love Tkachuk on my team, hate him on the Flames. Hopefully he does something silly and some massive chaos ensues.

Tor-Wsh should be fun, if not as competitive (potentially) as others.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Montreal vs Rangers is going to be a good one!

Really? The rangers stink and montreal is pretty vanilla. Montreal should win (who I'm rooting for) But I don't see it being a barn burner.

I think Chi/nsh has potential for some fireworks. Cbj/pens will likely get nasty too.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
If you want to see cheap shots and fights watch Flames vs Ducks.

This one is underrated. Could be a nasty, eventful series...Tkachuk vs Perry :naughty:

Leafs-Caps could be good or boring, depending on which Leafs show up. Either Washington will shut them down completely, or we'll see some crazy end-to-end, speedy chances galore hockey.

Oilers vs Sharks is intriguing as well, Oilers another young talented team making it for the first time and the McDavid factor obviously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad