What first round series should I be most excited about?

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Because the way things shook out, the first round really could have been a lot more fun.

No Battle of Alberta.

No Battle of Ontario.

No Sharks/Ducks Battle of California.

I mean, where's the OMG I HAVE TO WATCH THIS SERIES of the first round?

I don't see a matchup that has that feel of THE EARLY SERIES ala Blackhawks/Blues last year.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Sharks vs. Oilers should be a fun one.

So should the Caps vs. Leafs series.

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
The Hawks are the one team out of all these playoff teams in the east and west that consistently create a dramatic series in the playoffs. There are usually always OTs, close games, and lucky goals scored along with lucky saves. Intense play is also usually a given. If there was one team with a safe bet to create excitement out of all of these teams, it's the Hawks. I'm not even saying that as a fan, even if I were a fan of another team, I would probably say the same thing.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Edmonton vs San Jose (purely because of McDavid and his first playoff go).
Anaheim vs Calgary (that series is going to be physical and dirty).
Habs vs Rangers (O6 match up).
Pens vs Jackets.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Caps vs Leafs

Oilers vs Sharks

Montreal vs Anaheim

Pretty much the only series I'll be following closely. Maybe the Anaheim series to see what Tkachuk does next :laugh:

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Caps vs Leafs

Oilers vs Sharks

Montreal vs Anaheim

Pretty much the only series I'll be following closely. Maybe the Anaheim series to see what Tkachuk does next :laugh:

Calling his shot early, but I like! Not sure what Tkachuk has to do with it though. :sarcasm:

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Because the way things shook out, the first round really could have been a lot more fun.

No Battle of Alberta.

No Battle of Ontario.

No Sharks/Ducks Battle of California.

I mean, where's the OMG I HAVE TO WATCH THIS SERIES of the first round?

I don't see a matchup that has that feel of THE EARLY SERIES ala Blackhawks/Blues last year.

Pens/Jackets is exactly that. #2 vs. #4 in points, that's a crazy good 1st round matchup.

Mrbubble

Jul 20, 2008
Montreal
Aside from my team, i expect those 2 to be exciting:

Minnesota/St-Louis: Defensive minded teams & good systems. It's not for everyone but i predict a lot of close games and OT.

Boston/Ottawa: In my opinion, these are the 2 weakest teams of the playoffs but it will be a close intresting battle with a lot of intensity. Anything can happen.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think the Blues/Wild series will be entertaining, it should be very tight and dramatic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad