What even is Vegas?

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Seriously, they are about to sweep a very scary Kings team with a bunch of scrubs. How does Marchessault become a premier top point producing forward. How does Derek Engelland become a top four defencemen when his entire career he's been a goon/mongoloid.

Is this some moneypuck **** that George "traded Forsberg for Erat" Mcfee is pulling? Did he go out this summer and find a morbidly obese acupuntuarist that is also a hockey genius? What game were they watching when they realized that this third line grinder in William Karlsson is actually a Rocket level goalscorer and also a selke level play for some reason.

Yes I'm salty. Maybe the Flames (my favourite team) should release every one and form a top line of John Scott, Brian Gionta and Nail Yakupov and win the cup. Maybe that was what they tried when their big deadline acquisition was ****ing superstar Chris Stewart. **** sake
What NO ONE took into account when they created this new way to build a new team is that they were creating an ENTIRE roster full of players who's team's just told them they weren't good enough for them to keep. You'd almost think they forgot they were dealing with hockey players, who typically take that kind of statement from coaches/organizations and turn it into fuel to prove them wrong. Every team has 1-2 players with that extra motivation. The Knights are an entire team with it..

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
That sounds way to perfect story like a movie or legend but no they are not a team full of players other teams didn’t want.
The other teams scouted and drafted or payed contracts too these guys and most of them were wanted.
They were snatched up of there roster and a lot of fans and teams were stressing on who was going out the door.
That's not how hockey players think. They weren't protected is the same thing as they were considered not good enough/didn't fit for the organization's plans going forward.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
It's a really good chance they are in the finals and that is absurd.

They will beat the Kings. Then face San Jose, who really isn't that good of a team. They will most likely beat San Jose in 6 and then they will play Winnipeg or Nashville in round 3.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
The NHL would look like a joke if an expansion team makes the final. But it looks like they can handle the Sharks and the only thing that would stand in their way is probably Winnipeg or Nashville. Winnipeg is more beatable of the two especially with the Myers injury.

Make it happen NHL, make your organization look like a farce.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I think it shows that the league is deep and a lot of players are just an opportunity away from becoming something more. Vegas got to hand pick the best one from each team.

Reactions: FVM

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Seriously, they are about to sweep a very scary Kings team with a bunch of scrubs. How does Marchessault become a premier top point producing forward. How does Derek Engelland become a top four defencemen when his entire career he's been a goon/mongoloid.

Sorry, but I stopped reading there. Vegas' success is only a surprise to people who can't realize that Marchessault, Smith, Karlsson, Perron, Neal, Haula, Tuch, Miller, Schmidt, and Theodore might just be good top 6/top 4 players, and that guys like Eakin, Bellemare, Hunt, Engelland, Mcnabb and Sbisa are solid role players.

Reactions: HanSolo

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I love what Vegas has done.

In addition to being a fun team to watch, it makes my NHL Be A GM shenanigans feel that much more real.

Reactions: Tak7

ref88

Feb 14, 2018

Is this some moneypuck **** that George "traded Forsberg for Erat" Mcfee is pulling? Did he go out this summer and find a morbidly obese acupuntuarist that is also a hockey genius? What game were they watching when they realized that this third line grinder in William Karlsson is actually a Rocket level goalscorer and also a selke level play for some reason.

Yes I'm salty. Maybe the Flames (my favourite team) should release every one and form a top line of John Scott, Brian Gionta and Nail Yakupov and win the cup. Maybe that was what they tried when their big deadline acquisition was ****ing superstar Chris Stewart. **** sake
I mean I wouldn't call LA scary

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
"What is Vegas?"

The best story in sports since Leicester City won the Premier League in 2016

Yeah, no one knows where this fairy tale is headed but what an incredible year for them.

I think they are a legit contender this year. They have better stats than the Penguins had last year when they won it all. I wouldn't bet against Vegas.

Strong goaltending, solid defense, fast forechecking team that also plays physical. You just don't expect that kind of hockey from a team that wasn't a team a year ago. I am a big fan of that team.

The way they have played, it would hardly be a shock to see them win it all. They came out of nowhere but no one can say that they have been lucky. They have been really good.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
The NHL would look like a joke if an expansion team makes the final. But it looks like they can handle the Sharks and the only thing that would stand in their way is probably Winnipeg or Nashville. Winnipeg is more beatable of the two especially with the Myers injury.

How exactly does it make the NHL look like a farce? The NHL set out to make Vegas competitive from the get go with how little teams were able to protect at the expansion draft. Vegas drafted well and got some luck on their side with a number of players having career years. They were especially helped by getting a vet like Fleury in nets among others.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Yeah, no one knows where this fairy tale is headed but what an incredible year for them.

I think they are a legit contender this year. They have better stats than the Penguins had last year when they won it all. I wouldn't bet against Vegas.

Strong goaltending, solid defense, fast forechecking team that also plays physical. You just don't expect that kind of hockey from a team that wasn't a team a year ago. I am a big fan of that team.

The way they have played, it would hardly be a shock to see them win it all. They came out of nowhere but no one can say that they have been lucky. They have been really good.

Yeah absolutely. They are well worth their 3-0 lead in that series too.

Admittedly, I picked the Kings over Vegas - I thought LA's experience combined with Vegas possibly not having that next gear after being so good this year, would have been the difference.

So wrong. So fun to watch.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Yeah absolutely. They are well worth their 3-0 lead in that series too.

Admittedly, I picked the Kings over Vegas - I thought LA's experience combined with Vegas possibly not having that next gear after being so good this year, would have been the difference.

So wrong. So fun to watch.

I've been wrong at every turn about Vegas. I thought they would be hard pressed to get more than Colorado's 48 points. They got more than twice that and did it comfortably. Picked Kings in 6 because I thought Kings with their experience should be able to beat Vegas. Wrong again.

I am done doubting that team. They are favorites against SJ IMO if both teams win their series.

It has been so hard for any team to win in Vegas. I don't think that they are the fastest team in the league but the way they move the puck from one player to another is definitely the fastest.

William Karlsson is also a legit hockey player. He definitely won't put up 25% SH but he'll be a solid top six player for years to come.

Reactions: Tak7 and MordredGK

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Kings have very good core cast (Kopi, Carter and Doughty) but their depth is way too bad. Almost all teams in playoffs have decent depth so if Kopi and Carter don't carry them they can't win. Add to that they have Doughty + spare parts D.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Oh plenty of people say it. Often and loudly.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

Regular season:
vs Winnipeg: VGK 2 WPG 1
vs Nashville: VGK 2 NSH 1

Not saying this makes VGK a shoe-in. Just pointing out that VGK can at least compete against either team.
I don't want to see Wild in WCF though.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
The main question is this:

Which Hollywood actors are they going to get to play the different characters in the movie Miracle On Ice 2?
I'm going to keep this idea in mind when the off-season rolls around this would be a great thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad