Post-Game Talk: What else is there to say... Leafs lose 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Talker29

Oct 10, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
To be accurate, Actually 38%, and most of it is on Kessel and Dion to be more precise.

Gardiner is making +4M per BTW.

Lmao at +4M, because his cap hit is $4,050,000.

Well done pointing out that if the players who get the majority of ice-time suck, then the team will not win very often.

I guess the first line isn't quite good enough. It consists of a top-5 (conservatively) NHL RW, a great up and coming power forward on a bargain contract, and a center that would not crack the 1st line of any other NHL team.

I guess someone should be demoted.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Who was that idiot who threw his jersey on the ice? we lost two games in a row! We might lose six in a row in which case thrown a jersey might make sense but now it won't mean anything because you blew your wad after 2 games. What if we turn it around and go on a huge winning streak? then you made us look like a bunch of bipolar cry babies who overreacted.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Who was that idiot who threw his jersey on the ice? we lost two games in a row! We might lose six in a row in which case thrown a jersey might make sense but now it won't mean anything because you blew your wad after 2 games. What if we turn it around and go on a huge winning streak? then you made us look like a bunch of bipolar cry babies who overreacted.

To be honest, this looks like the continuation of last year's collapse.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011

He threw a knockoff jersey on the ice. He probably bought it just for that purpose.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Losing on Wednesday wasn't overly bad. We had good stretches of play and it was an acceptable loss, if that make sense. A few different bounces and we're in for a point or even a win.

Losing like last night so early in the season when that's what we've witnessed for 90% of the season last year is unacceptable, no matter which team we are playing. There's no way this team should be dominated in every which way and let out over 40 shots, especially not after the interviews that said they would not repeat last years results.

Blaming the schedule right now is just... ... ... a bad excuse.

The Rangers are another tough team and I wouldn't be at all surprised if we put up another L but be assured this team will play better as time goes on but with these two Losses, it certainly can't help their confidence and it'll probably add to the messed up play that we saw last night.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
The Rangers are another tough team and I wouldn't be at all surprised if we put up another L but be assured this team will play better as time goes on but with these two Losses it certainly can't help their confidence and it'll probably add to the messed up play that we saw last night.

You could tell after the 1st period interview by Lupul that this is a frustrated group with no answers.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
is that fair to guys like Santorelli, Polak, percy, rrobidas, winnik, komarov ext?

They aren't the issue

maybe a head coaching change might be what they need

But imo and what I've been saying for a while is this team has taken on the personality of its best players, Kessel and Phanuef

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Figures. We finally get a bottom 6 that can play, and chip in, and we have Clarkson playing like he should, and the cores all like

nope.gif

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Glad I missed most of the game by the looks of it ...

How 'bout instead of getting angry at the mediocrity of the core and the coach, we rejoice in happiness because as long as their steering the ship the Leafs are headed to a 0-82-0 season ... Then the Leafs get that high draft pick a franchise centre everyone is so desperate to get - next offseason unload the core and coach

It baffles me how upset people get about these first two games, even though it's only the first two game, when we all know the prize for a horrible season is McDavid or Eichel .. Or even a top 10 pick in a deep draft

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Glad I missed most of the game by the looks of it ...

How 'bout instead of getting angry at the mediocrity of the core and the coach, we rejoice in happiness because as long as their steering the ship the Leafs are headed to a 0-82-0 season ... Then the Leafs get that high draft pick a franchise centre everyone is so desperate to get - next offseason unload the core and coach

It baffles me how upset people get about these first two games, even though it's only the first two game, when we all know the prize for a horrible season is McDavid or Eichel .. Or even a top 10 pick in a deep draft

What's the point of being a fan then if you're equally happy with losses as you are with wins? I don't get it. I am not really excited about another poor season, I don't care about the draft.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Knowing us, we will get the first overall pick, and when Nonis goes up to make the pick, he accidentaly says Kyle Connor instead

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Figures. We finally get a bottom 6 that can play, and chip in, and we have Clarkson playing like he should, and the cores all like

nope.gif

What did the bottom 6 do exactly?

Scored no points, no big hits, no big fights. At least Orr does 2/3

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Going with these defensive pairing I think would help a lot:

Rielly - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Polak
Percy - Robidas

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Reality setting in, we rely solely on goaltending.

Yes this team is misbuilt for success. You can't win without a star C and true number one Dman. We have always done this(Joseph,Belfour) relied heavily on goaltending. Last year was no different. Did we really think a few minor player changes was going to change this? The question is how will management stand around watching a slow motion trainwreck again?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
What's the point of being a fan then if you're equally happy with losses as you are with wins? I don't get it. I am not really excited about another poor season, I don't care about the draft.

I'm not happy about the loss but I'm not ragingly upset either ... Maybe I'm just used to the disappointment the team has given me and have realized as I've gotten older that it's not worth getting upset for the sake of my health ;)

I also see the quality youth the Leafs have coming through the system - like Percy and Rielly .. So there is reason for future optimism with the team, unlike when Burke came over and the prospect pool with decimated .. I firmly believe another crappy season from this core will be the last straw for them

So if they win this season, great I'll be happy .. If they lose, oh well big changes will come and the future is bright

ARoggy94

Dec 9, 2013
Ottawa

We've been below average for the past 10 years and have nothing but average prospects to show for it. Looking at this roster there are no pieces that attract a #1 C or #1 D. Hell, Kessel + Rielly doesn't even get you one.

You build through the draft and unless you have faith in our scouting staff to find a late first round steal like Giroux, Karlsson, Getzlaf, Weber, Keith (which there is no evidence you should... Gauthier, Biggs, Percy) the only way to acquire them is top 5 draft picks like Tavares, Doughty, Stamkos, Crosby, Toews and this list goes on and on.

Top 10 forwards and defensemen are very rarely traded or signed on the open market. In the last 10 years how many premier players have changed teams? Thornton, Kovalchuk, Suter... maybe Nash and Gaborik but they're definitely a tier below.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Are you sure it would be an accident?

Knowing us, we will get the first overall pick, and when Nonis goes up to make the pick, he accidentaly says Kyle Connor instead

Im not upset in the least we lost 2 , Im amused now. Voted the worst sports team in North America we will watch in bemusement as mangament squirms under a Leaf nation tired of watching this team, of course if we finish 5th last Shanny will fire everyone and claim the high pick was all part of the plan.

Long live the Burke rebuild, long may it reign, raking in high pick after high pick for years! The Master plan revealed!

Bill Waters*

Jul 19, 2013
Orillia, Ontario
Which just proves the point many made last season, this summer, and today.

If the #1 line, Phaneuf, and Bernier do not play well. THis team is in trouble as they were late last season and early this season.

If the refrain is Gardiner is our best d man late last season, or the Kadri or Santorelli line were our best lines. I know one thing, we are not winning many games.

Just proves succinctly just who the best players on this team really are.

Aroundabout way of pumping Bozaks tires. This team will never compete with Dion, Phil and Tyler [period]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad