Speculation: What does your team need?

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I was reading this laughing sorry.

The leafs a few years ago with fans with a paper bag over their head etc etc was pretty rough but at least the only bad contracts we had were clarkson and dion/phil to an extent but it wasn't like a WEBER contract. Even at that terrible period we still had Kadri who is better than any Centre you have and reilly who is better than any D you have.

The Habs maybe have 5-6 players other teams would want, which is really bad. Im not sure about ANY team(buff/ariz) but you raise a good question about original 6. I can't in my life time(26years) remember an original 6 team this bad/set up for failure for the foreseeable future to.

As soon as you guys traded Subban I was shocked and said bad deal. Your fans kept drinking the koolaid.
I would laugh too if I was a rival team fan. I don't agree about the koolaid part. Most Habs fans knew it was bad. There are still a couple Bergevin supporters left, but over on the Habs board, we are convinced they are related to MB in some way or are paid shills.

Reactions: DoobieDubas

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Agreed its crazy but i think these habs are in a worse situation.

I would have taken the bet that with Price at 10.5mil theres no way you guys would be a lottery team because he's unreal but last year made me eat my words. The fact you can be a lottery team with Price is mind boggling. Literally Mind boggling.
Well, Price had arguably the worst season by an established starter in modern NHL history, in decades at the very least. I guess he's not as good as everyone thought.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Avs -

Our youngsters to continue developing and fill in the holes in the roster
Varly and EJ (and everyone else) to stay healthy
MacKinnon/Rantanen to continue playing like they did this year
Ottawa to win the draft lottery

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Well, Price had arguably the worst season by an established starter in modern NHL history, in decades at the very least. I guess he's not as good as everyone thought.

There were a lot of Habs fans defending the move and all his moves lol. My favourite defense they used was "at least the guy is working and trying to make improvements..would you rather he just not do anything"

LOL like ok so in any job if your working and trying but you suck then you get fired(besides weather reporters). If i was a cop and i kept beating people but i was trying to get better would i still have a job? lol no id be flipping burgers. If i was responsible for peoples money and i kept getting negative returns id be fired. FIRE BERGIVIN lol and I'm a leafs fan who enjoys this but come on man 99% of people could do a better job.

Price at 10.5 a year i just thought it would be impossible to be a lottery team with him. O well.

Reactions: Garbageyuk

Wildfan24

Nov 20, 2014
wild need
younger skilled players
speed and some how get rid of the old bad contracts
a sniper wouldn't be bad idea

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Oilers: More than 30 goals combined from the defense would be a nice change. Nurse led the D with 6 goals last year and only 2 PPGs were scored by Dmen all year.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Oilers: More than 30 goals combined from the defense would be a nice change. Nurse led the D with 6 goals last year and only 2 PPGs were scored by Dmen all year.

Bouchard would help that.

I think they'll have trouble sending him back to the Knights.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
For the Avs...

New groin for Varlamov

Higher IQ for EJ so he can stop getting the weirdest injuries

2nd line scoring

MajorLeaf

Maj. Conn Smythe
Dec 19, 2008
Ontario
Habs:

a 1C
a 2C
2 more top-6 wingers
a 1D
another top-4 D
a bigger, faster bottom 6
a new GM
a new coach
a new scouting staff
a new owner

Honestly, how has it come to this? Has an Original Six team ever been in worse shape than the Habs are currently? I really don't think so. Sure, some have had worse seasons, but the Habs situation and outlook is just bleak.

Yes, the Toronto Maple Leafs had one of the worst owners in NHL history named Harold Ballard.

Those decades, yes decades (not years) under his ownership were the worst by far. The man was a criminal and ran the franchise from respectability to the ground.

Don’t forget Chicago with Bill Wirtz another original six owner that ruined the Blackhawks for a long time to the point fans booed his tribute after his death.

The Habs have many decent seasons recently and the most championships then any other franchise. It sucks with what is going on now, but all teams rebuild at one point.

At least the Habs are not Ottawa where they are about to lose their star player and no 1st round draft pick in 2019 plus an owner that is possibly looking to sell the team to save his pocket book!

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
SJ Sharks
This season:
Another top six player.
Current players to stay healthy (i.e. Full seasons from Thornton, Couture, and Hertl).
Burns to not be as big of a defensive liability as he was last season.

Beyond next season:
A 1C or a 2C
Youth such as Balcers, Merkley, Halbgewachs, Ferraro, and Chmelevski to develop and step up.

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
Isles

1b or 2 center
A 4 or 5 right d man than can step up when boychuk inevitably gets injured

Lamoriello and trotz’s Plan to work

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Jets:

Another 1000 seats in the building is probably thr biggest need. After that, the speedy development of Jack Roslovic as a 2C and/or regression to the mean by Brian Little.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
For the Flames:

-Brodie to have a bounce back year on the right side
-For the depth scoring we added to actually score
-Smith to stay healthy, and/or one of our two young backups to make a step forward

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Bouchard would help that.

I think they'll have trouble sending him back to the Knights.

I think Bear will get the first crack to win that job. But the defence is key for the Oil, namely Klefbom and Sekera. If they come in healthy, then the team's transition game will be back up to passible.

With McDavid, that's a recipe to do some damage. Toss in outstanding centre depth with Draisaitl, Strome, and Brodziak; and I'm okay with the lower quality wingers.

RantanenRavin

Jun 24, 2017
Contrary to popular belief, I don't think the leafs need anything. Everyone is screaming for a RHD, but I for one think that Rosen and Ohziganov (Sp?) could absolutely be our answers. Couple that with a bounce back year from zaitsev and throw in an older Carrick and Holl and bam, could very well be a position of strength

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
An owner who isn’t a meddling dink.
A GM that doesn’t sound like a muppet and use black paint as hair dye.
An nhl calibre roster.

Just some tweaking really.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Pretty self explanatory, what holes need to be filled on your favourite team? Do you think your team will sign one of the remaining free agents, make a trade or promote from within?

Right sided defender for us Rangers, and he should have top 4 potential and he need to be young since we are rebuilding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad