Speculation: What does your team need?

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Everything and it's really not an exaggeration

- new coach and new GM, possibly new ownership since Illitchs son seems content to just make the playoffs

- blue chip RHD and just better defense overall

- A 1C

- somehow shed a few contracts even though after this season they'll slowly start to come off the books

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
:blues

-Consistent Goaltending
-A good coaching plan
-2019 1st rd pick
-A little more cap space
-Prospects to step up (Thomas, Kyrou and Kostin especially)
-Healthy depth (looking at Fabbri)
-Artemi Panarin...if he chooses to come here via FA, that is.

So yeah, pretty good shape.

Reactions: simon IC

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
GM, owner, less bloated contracts on 30+ year olds, young guys actually allowed to make the team, better goaltending, better D, healthy Tanev if not traded,Tryampkin back, OJ to be worth a 5OA pick, Virtanen to take a major step up and be worth 6OA, less $ on our 4th line, everyone over achieving and missing the playoffs on the last day of the season but still winning the draft lottery

Reactions: DoobieDubas

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
Carolina only really needs #1G and maybe #1C depending on if Aho fits at center or Necas developes into one.

Stacked with depth in both forwards and dmen.

Reactions: Chan790

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Time. Probably 2 years, maybe 3. The Hawks need the prospects to get good enough before the old core players fade away. We need 3 or 4 of Boqvist, Jokiharju, Mitchell, Beaudin, Forsling, Krys, Gilbert, Karlsson, and a few other d-prospects to become solid NHL d-men. There's a lot of top end talent there so it's not too far fetched to believe the Hawks could have a very good young d-corps in 2-3 years. The forwards are a little more ahead in being ready than the d-prospects. DeBrincat and Schmaltz have taken a good first step. Sikura will have a good chance this season and there are a few other forwards that should be ready in the next year or two. Some would call this overly optimistic. Maybe it is but that's my hope.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
We need Johasen, Turris, and Rinne not to crumble and become invisible.

when has Johansen "crumbed"? He has been one of our best playoff performers these past few seasons. 27 pts in 27 games.

not necessarily a "need", but a better top 6 right winger than Smith is probably the biggest need we have now that we upgraded on the bottom pair by signing Hamhuis.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
#1 RHD

a doughty type. maybe weber in his prime. Subban would do. Ryan Ellis would probably be enough

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Time. Probably 2 years, maybe 3. The Hawks need the prospects to get good enough before the old core players fade away. We need 3 or 4 of Boqvist, Jokiharju, Mitchell, Beaudin, Forsling, Krys, Gilbert, Karlsson, and a few other d-prospects to become solid NHL d-men. There's a lot of top end talent there so it's not too far fetched to believe the Hawks could have a very good young d-corps in 2-3 years. The forwards are a little more ahead in being ready than the d-prospects. DeBrincat and Schmaltz have taken a good first step. Sikura will have a good chance this season and there are a few other forwards that should be ready in the next year or two. Some would call this overly optimistic. Maybe it is but that's my hope.

they need their star goalie to be healthy too

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Habs:

a 1C
a 2C
2 more top-6 wingers
a 1D
another top-4 D
a bigger, faster bottom 6
a new GM
a new coach
a new scouting staff
a new owner

Honestly, how has it come to this? Has an Original Six team ever been in worse shape than the Habs are currently? I really don't think so. Sure, some have had worse seasons, but the Habs situation and outlook is just bleak.
The leafs had some horrid years there with incompetent management. Hans are still currently better than those leafs... that said, when bergevin trades your best players for pennies on the dollar; yeah. In any event, the leafs need to bolster their rhd, if not a high end player, more capable and viable NHL options.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Hawks

back-to-the-future-delorean.jpg

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
The leafs had some horrid years there with incompetent management. Hans are still currently better than those leafs... that said, when bergevin trades your best players for pennies on the dollar; yeah. In any event, the leafs need to bolster their rhd, if not a high end player, more capable and viable NHL options.
I think the current Habs are worse, all things considered. The Leafs during those years were still able to attract free agents, and trade for some effective players. And they never had a GM as toxic as Bergevin. Almost everything he does is related to his massive ego in one way or another. Compare the team he started with to where it is today - worst GM in NHL history. And he's not leaving anytime soon.

Reactions: DoobieDubas

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Habs:

a 1C
a 2C
2 more top-6 wingers
a 1D
another top-4 D
a bigger, faster bottom 6
a new GM
a new coach
a new scouting staff
a new owner

Honestly, how has it come to this? Has an Original Six team ever been in worse shape than the Habs are currently? I really don't think so. Sure, some have had worse seasons, but the Habs situation and outlook is just bleak.

I was reading this laughing sorry.

The leafs a few years ago with fans with a paper bag over their head etc etc was pretty rough but at least the only bad contracts we had were clarkson and dion/phil to an extent but it wasn't like a WEBER contract. Even at that terrible period we still had Kadri who is better than any Centre you have and reilly who is better than any D you have.

The Habs maybe have 5-6 players other teams would want, which is really bad. Im not sure about ANY team(buff/ariz) but you raise a good question about original 6. I can't in my life time(26years) remember an original 6 team this bad/set up for failure for the foreseeable future to.

As soon as you guys traded Subban I was shocked and said bad deal. Your fans kept drinking the koolaid.

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Settle Down leafs fans...WE cannot afford a #1 Defense and nor do we need it.

WE have roughly 4mil cap space after nylander signs..how many #1 defence are 4mil? lol answer is 0.

We truthfully need a TOP 4 defender not a TOP pair. Pure shutdown defender/bigger body.

A far off maybe would be 2 top 4 defensemen in a shutdown role and POTENTIALly a 4center if goat or par sucks.

Reactions: my name is Bob

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
I think the current Habs are worse, all things considered. The Leafs during those years were still able to attract free agents, and trade for some effective players. And they never had a GM as toxic as Bergevin. Almost everything he does is related to his massive ego in one way or another. Compare the team he started with to where it is today - worst GM in NHL history. And he's not leaving anytime soon.

Agreed its crazy but i think these habs are in a worse situation.

I would have taken the bet that with Price at 10.5mil theres no way you guys would be a lottery team because he's unreal but last year made me eat my words. The fact you can be a lottery team with Price is mind boggling. Literally Mind boggling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad