What Does Your Team Need?

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
Well we are approximately a third of the way into the season

So what does your team need?

Does it need to sell off valuable peices and start the rebuild.

Or a contender and need that extra piece to set them up for a long playoff run.

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
PG could use a goal scorer, although, it seems their players are starting to figure it out now.

They have an open OA spot, They should add a quality 20 yr old.

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
A veteran defenseman, maybe a back up goalie.

This team really doesn't need much. They had several games, where they were up big early..only to lose it at the end or had to come back to win. So maybe the ability to focus for all three periods.

Hordichuk_24

Giants need a time machine to go back to 2006-2007.

They need a complete revamp of the hockey operations staff. Unfortunately that won't ever happen unless Bonner decides to step down. Too many close relationships nobody is getting fired. Their scouting staff has destroyed this franchise. Realistically the Giants shouldn't be adding pieces and trying to make the playoffs as they won't and even if somehow they do they'll be knocked out very early. That said as this team fully expects to make the playoffs despite the reality they refuse to acknowledge they need defense badly. Their defense is atrocious. It'll be hard to find a true shut down defender but maybe a couple of defensive minded defensemen will help. I also believe they need size up front. And not just a big body, someone that will use it. Someone that adds a bit of grit and is willing to go to the net. They are very small up front and lack grit. Crunk was the only forward capable of hitting with any force and willing to go to the net. Now that he is gone there is nobody else.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
A veteran defenseman, maybe a back up goalie.

This team really doesn't need much. They had several games, where they were up big early..only to lose it at the end or had to come back to win. So maybe the ability to focus for all three periods.

I assume by your profile pic you are talking about the Tbirds....

I agree, goalie situation still isn't sitting 100% well with me and would like to see something done... not sure what tho

Also I want to see a left handed stud dman. Seattle would be in an absolute prime position to acquire like a Travis Sanheim type guy but Farwell doesn't usually like giving up major pieces of future for a rental(and I don't blame him)

Also I would like to see Seattle trade for a 19 year old forward. They only have 2 19 year olds on the team right now and next year Gropp will be gone and Eansor could also potentially earn a contract. So next season they will only have potentially 1 20 year old(possibly 0 too).

Id also like to see Seattle acquire someone like Chad Butcher out of Medicine Hat. Solid little player that would be a huge boost this year and be a solid 20 year old(not to mention him and Gropp played minor hockey together)

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
Well we got the 19 year old Winger who is a bit more physical. That makes some sense. We don't have a TON of toughness.

Still want a Dman & perhaps a veteran goalie.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Well we got the 19 year old Winger who is a bit more physical. That makes some sense. We don't have a TON of toughness.

-Seattle will acquire Dysin Mayo from Oilkings. I think Seattle would prefer a left handed puck mover instead since they already have Bear, but there aren't many out there... Mayo to Seattle... book it!!

-DeBrusk will go to Red Deer

-Unsure if a contender will give up a giant package for Point

-Pullock on OilKings to either Rebels, Wheaties or Tbirds

Hordichuk_24

Compared to most of the league Seattle has a lot of toughness. Osterman, Kolsear, Hauf and even guys like Khaira, Ottenbreit and Watson bring grit. Uhrich is a decent hitter but not a great scrapper. I didn't really think they needed a guy like that but that's just my opinion.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
He's staying till the end of the year? Reports today were that he was stepping down from the role immediately, but will stay with the team to help find a new GM, which makes ZERO sense because him and Ron will just end up picking someone from their inner circle anyway.

Hordichuk_24

He's staying till the end of the year? Reports today were that he was stepping down from the role immediately, but will stay with the team to help find a new GM, which makes ZERO sense because him and Ron will just end up picking someone from their inner circle anyway.

Yes he isn't gone just yet. He is still in control of the team. He's basically just leaving at seasons end.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Yes he isn't gone just yet. He is still in control of the team. He's basically just leaving at seasons end.

Mike Johnston come on down!!!!!... I assume itll just be a matter of time until Pens fire him.. hire as GM with the expectation of becoming coach/GM soon

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
-Seattle will acquire Dysin Mayo from Oilkings. I think Seattle would prefer a left handed puck mover instead since they already have Bear, but there aren't many out there... Mayo to Seattle... book it!!

-DeBrusk will go to Red Deer

-Unsure if a contender will give up a giant package for Point

-Pullock on OilKings to either Rebels, Wheaties or Tbirds

I can see the Wheat Kings going after a package of Mayo and Pooluck to add two playoff tested players to there roster.

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
Brandon needs a goalie IMO

Brandon needs more efforts like the one Saturday night both in the offensive end but mainly in the defensive end. They play a fair simple game of dump chase using their speed to create turnovers and took it to the Rockets.

Saturday they looked more like last years team even with 3 of their leading scorers. Hard work and speed carried them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad