News Article: What does success look like for the Leafs this year?

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Because we play in a tough division. We've got 2 cup contenders in our division. We'd have go through them and then face the best team in the metro which would be very hard as well. That's why we're not a contender.
Do you think Pittsburgh is packing it in? You get you basically just said "We aren't a contender because there are other contenders".

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Because we play in a tough division. We've got 2 cup contenders in our division. We'd have go through them and then face the best team in the metro which would be very hard as well. That's why we're not a contender.

In the ecf they do. Not in the first two rounds. We won't make it to the ecf.
Nope. But last year they had the Rangers, Capitals and Bluejackets right there too. Good thing they didn't just give up eh?

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
In the ecf they do. Not in the first two rounds. We won't make it to the ecf.

Source?

You don't know that. For all you know we take Boston in 6 and Tampa gets knocked out in the first round. If it was that black and white they would just hand the Cup to the Presidents trophy winner every year.

You are aware the best regular season team has only won the cup 8 times since 85-86 when it was introduced? That's 26% of the time. It's almost like you have to play the games to win the cup.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Of course Leaf fans would like to see revenge. But this is a completely different team since 2013 and our team's foundation is just beginning.

I think having Bozak/Komarov for the playoffs and then letting them walk is more valuable than trading them for nothing and dismantling the team's chemistry. Also, I don't think we can replace Bozak's centre position or Komarov's defensive skillset/pk ability/leadership, etc.

JVR I would be less hesitant to trade, but his production is not easily replaced. But if he nets us a solid 4th line centre, RHD, picks, prospects, or whatever is needed, I'm game.

Different team but very similar Leaf fans that would be deeply and emotionally involved in results of 2013 and 2018. ;)

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Different team but very similar Leaf fans that would be deeply and emotionally involved in results of 2013 and 2018. ;)

I would love for the team to go on a long playoff run. Emotions aside, I'm satisfied with whatever transpires as long as it is good for the development of our core. We're ahead of schedule as it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad