Post-Game Talk: What Does Scoring Feel Like? Leafs lose 4-0 to Ducks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
They showed no desire to win tonight. A sad bunch of losers. I hope they lose majority of the rest of the season so we can have change finally. starting with nonis.

This whole core is locked up long-term. They just don't give a ****.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Can someone please revoke Kessel's appearance in the Allstar game!

Like really, with him in the lineup, we should not be shutout 2 games in a row like this!

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
lol @ people actually thinking we were going to turn into a winning team a week from when the coach was fired. Are you people for real? Crawl back in your holes please, this team is playing a much more respectable form of hockey, but sadly the core is still not good enough. Cut the fat, ship out Bozak, Franson, Lupul, Reimer at a minimum.

Absolute joke Carlyle wasn't fired in the summer, this is on Nonis and in the end will cost him his job and waste another Leafs season.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
At least the defensive effort is kind of working. The shots are down at any rate.

Feels like it could go a couple ways. Either their effort drops after the new coach effect dies off. Or they get their offense going a little after adapting to defense. Not sure which way it goes.

But regardless at this rate it will get a bit easier to decide to make whatever moves they can at the deadline.

mikebel111*

Cant score now. Still love this new defensive approach. They will balance offense and defense soon. If we keep playing like this, the wins will come.
Also love the fact Dubas and Shanahan are here. Yes Interactif its a good thing

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I am not now nor will I ever be part of tank Nation.....I just hope that our management is not going to stand pat this trade deadline.....teams over pay at this time of the year....so let them.

We are not looking at all like a playoff team....tonight was easily one of the worse games of the year after the first period....

Dion needs to be shopped hard....no more of the " everyone is available type comments" lets come right out and state who is available and see what the offers are.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Oh it was Randy but it's also the core. The last remenant of the Burke era.

It's mostly the core.

Go get the best coach in hockey and this team is still nothing more than a 7-11 squad and thats in the pathetic eastern conference.

But its sooooo easy continually blaming every single coach that runs thru this crappy flawed core.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
I am not now nor will I ever be part of tank Nation.....I just hope that our management is not going to stand pat this trade deadline.....teams over pay at this time of the year....so let them.

We are not looking at all like a playoff team....tonight was easily one of the worse games of the year after the first period....

Dion needs to be shopped hard....no more of the " everyone is available type comments" lets come right out and state who is available and see what the offers are.

Dion wont be shipped out at the TD, if you're actually hoping for that you'l be very let down. Franson, Lupul, Bozak, and Reimer should all be shipped out at the TD>

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Not really, they've never tried to play this system before. Now insanity would be talking about how we need the fighters back/ policing the game eventhough the new NHL won't allow it, every single game.

Oh yes they did. They couldn't and that's about that. How cone the quitters wouldn't do it until they got the coach fired. Losers. Cut throat men is all they are. They deserve no respect.

You didn't hear what Cox said either ay.

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
It's mostly the core.

Go get the best coach in hockey and this team is still nothing more than a 7-11 squad and thats in the pathetic eastern conference.

But its sooooo easy continually blaming every single coach that runs thru this crappy flawed core.

It's a core missing a #1C and #1D. Rotten

mikebel111*

This defensive approach is showing Bozak isnt a top 6 forward. Very little flare on offense and bad on D. Kessel is going cold and so does Bozak

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Leafs have scored a total of 4 goals under Horachek, they have given up 14 goals with the same Horachek in 4 games.

That's improved defence. And they are a lot less dangerous offensively.

I like our chances of getting a good pick.

There is a silver lining.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
I want my old leafs back at least it was entertaining and they would win a few games. If I wanted to a team to be a defensive team I would cheer for he 90's devils

I want them to win. Winning is entertaining. Playoff hockey is entertaining.

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
Hey I'll take Eichel ;) but you're right, not going to even bother hoping for a top 2 pick, I'll take Top 5, I'm not greedy!!

How were we doing at this point of the year when we gifted Seguin to Boston? There's still hope!

But knowing this franchise, we'll trade that pick for a band aid player and win the lottery. :laugh:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Good thing is that Leafs showed me no reason to believe why they should've scored a single goal tonight.

All shots/chances were pedestrian.

As a member of tank nation, I'll sleep happy tonight (and more nights overall, compared to the playoffs enthusiasts/delusionists).

heeeeeeeeey. that's mean!! i'm not delusional. ;) i was upfront of what I wanted this season. this was clearly a write off year, to see who to move out, or who to move out first and who can play in a structured system.

I just wanted whatever was going to happen, to happen early - (if we were going to make the playoffs, get abig enough spread that we could secure the team with better players (at least reinforce the defense a touch) - and then go for it, or if we were going to miss out - let it happen now -so there is time to really put the bricks on to get some assets before deadline - then move out the rest before draft..

so. my wish was answered. I'm bummed out slightly - playoffs would be nice , but i am all about the betterment of the team. lose now - draft better - win later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad