Post-Game Talk: What Does Scoring Feel Like? Leafs lose 4-0 to Ducks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironhorse384

Dec 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
This is tough swing for a any team to go through california and come out winning. They just gotta stay the course, keep working at it and good things will happen. Bottom line nothing is easy and as disappointing it is to see them lose they need to keep plugging away.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Shutout on Back-to-Back Nights. Sucks.

One has to think if things don't turn around tomorrow or Saturday, this team will start falling back into bad habits that we saw under Carlyle.

I thought the 2-man advantage in the first was a bit iffy. You see that maybe once a year for and against your team. I can probably count three or four times where the Leafs had drawn a penalty and had a scoring chance taken away by another penalty that wasn't called, but it was the correct call at the end of the day.

We had our chances. This is a different game if any of the three odd man rushes in the 1st end up in the back of the net. Other then that, the Ducks were and are the better team. Could get ugly the next two games.

Hope Booth's alright.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Just gotta get ourselves an elite #1 C like Getzlaf, wait what

That has always been needed. You will be hard pressed to find a successful team without a Top Center. We are hoping we are developing one in William Nylander, or Nazem Kadri. We may have another shot at drafting one this summer, in a kid like Strome, Zacha or Marner, or, should the hockey gods bless us, McDavid/Eichel.

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
Good thing is that Leafs showed me no reason to believe why they should've scored a single goal tonight.

All shots/chances were pedestrian.

As a member of tank nation, I'll sleep happy tonight (and more nights overall, compared to the playoffs enthusiasts/delusionists).

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Things will turn around I'm pretty sure of that.

But playoffs not so sure.

At least we have our 1st and maybe trade some guys if it keeps going south.

Hopefully tomorrow is different result.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
This team is one month ahead of last year's implosion. Can safely say last year's team was better.

Shanahan, Dubas, The Analytics dept. All the new hires, this team is worse today than last year. A scary thought.

thats good news. last year we netted an 8th overall pick based on that implosion. this year's pick has to be in the top 5 since the collapse started earlier.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
They have to put this 2-way defensive system in place. It's vital to the success of an organization. However we have players that can't thrive in that system. In order to play that system you need to be able to win battles, engage, compete and sustain fitness for 82 games. Without the rush you need to get to the dirty areas and find other ways to score. The evaluation continues.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
So it wasnt Randy afterall? Damn who would have known?

This team is trash no matter who's coaching.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
The loss is sad but the fact is we'll never win playing run and gun. At least the organization is taking a step forward in the right direction by at least trying to institute a proper system. At least now we have an easier time seeing who will sink and swim. Time for some trades.

You missed what Cox said too. I think all the posters that wanted Carlyle fired did too. Every one! Amazing stuff that. This team can't play that system. Now for the hard at hearing Carlyle knew it! (Knew) as in past tense. He won with that thing of yellow bellies that gets called a team.

JVR has to trade places with Winnik or we won't be winning any games for quite some time. While they are at it they might want to get some muscle on the fourth line quick like.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
This team is one month ahead of last year's implosion. Can safely say last year's team was better.

Shanahan, Dubas, The Analytics dept. All the new hires, this team is worse today than last year. A scary thought.

(sigh) ahuh.

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
They showed no desire to win tonight. A sad bunch of losers. I hope they lose majority of the rest of the season so we can have change finally. starting with nonis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad