The Athletic "What does Sabres’ second half of season hold? 5 things to watch"

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Circling back around to this...

9-12-1 in 22 of the 41 second half games is .431 winning percentage which isn't the worst they have been, but not yet to .500 hockey. I would like 10 wins in their final 19. I think that's possible, even with their upcoming schedule being hard.

They have most definitely not fixed the PK.

Dahlin has dialed it in and is beginning to be something special.

Tage and the top line have continued to provide offensive output.

There has been new-found 2ndary scoring as others are starting to get into the act. Olofsson has 6 in his last 15 games - but the assists have almost completely dried up. Asplund is still goal starved, without one since November 21st. Krebs is hot and cold as one would expect from a rookie, though his creativity is most welcome. Mittelstadt might be over his injuries and could use a solid final 19 to show his worth.

Samuelsson has been very good.

Bryson getting worked in on the right side has been a definite find.

I haven't looked at the numbers but I feel like the PP needs more help than the PK. Well, since Anderson has been back.

Does anyone know how to find out PP and PK rankings?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I haven't looked at the numbers but I feel like the PP needs more help than the PK. Well, since Anderson has been back.

Does anyone know how to find out PP and PK rankings?

He came back on 1/29...

Using Hockey Reference, they have given up 11 PPGA while being short-handed 51 times in all games since then. So that's a PK% of 78.4% which is just... eek. They've gone 9 for 56 in that span (16.1%) and are even in SH goals with 2 scored and 2 given up.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
He came back on 1/29...

Using Hockey Reference, they have given up 11 PPGA while being short-handed 51 times in all games since then. So that's a PK% of 78.4% which is just... eek. They've gone 9 for 56 in that span (16.1%) and are even in SH goals with 2 scored and 2 given up.

Found it -- Buffalo is ranked 21st on the PK and 22nd on the PP. So they're worse on the PP by a tiny amount.

Both need a lot of work to get to average!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad