What do you want Poile to do by Wednesday?

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
I'd like to see him find a new home for Stalberg. Maybe even Bourque and/or Colin Wilson.. Those guys are either so wildly inconsistent, or in Stalberg and Bourque's case, just plain awful on a consistent basis, that a change would do them good. Sending Dubnyk to another NHL team would be kind. Someone like Minnesota bitten by the goalie injury bug could afford a 3rd or 4th for big "project" --- although buffalo may deal Halak quickly, and the Wild would much rather have him over the long haul.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
With the youth movement on our D core, I'd rather pick up young Fwds that have top 6 potential rather than sell off a ton a pieces for a Kessler.

Can I call it now, We somehow pick up Eberle or Evander Kane? Maybe not at the Deadline but possibly this summer.

If i'm right (Which I'm probably not) would someone buy me a cookie?

If that happens I will by you a baker's dozen of cookies.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I wouldn't be disappointed if we got rid of Cullen, Clune and Stalberg, but I want to keep Wilson, Bourque and Beck.

Detelethisaccount

Jul 5, 2013
I say trade Fisher, Legwand, Cullen, Gaustad, Nystrom, Stalberg, and Hutton or Dubnyk for as many close to NHL ready forward prospects as you can get. Just don't touch the d-men or those young forwards. If Poile could somehow pull off two more trades even close to the Erat one we could have a stupid amount of talent and potential at the forward spot. Then fire Trotz get a coach who can do a better job of developing offensive talent and we should be really good for a long time.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
He has actually been here more than ten years, he played in our first ever season.

And we could get a top 3 forward without moving weber or josi, just have to find right team to deal with.

I am pretty confident some sort of combination of our top ten first round pick this season, legwand, Ellis, Wilson, beck, Watson, Cullen, fisher, ekholm, aberg, sissons, leipsic, etc etc would get us a top three forward, hands down.

Im fully Legwand had been a Pred for over 10 years. Did i really need to go back any further? Ok, fine. Is there a different result? No.

Curious to know who you think are top 10 pick and combination will be to get a top 3 forward who is not 28 years old or older?

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I'm for making the team better. Right now Cullen, Stahlberg, Clune, Bourque and Nystrom need to be upgraded.

This was by far Poile's worst off season. Hand picked by Trotz btw.

To improve, we need to start at the top.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Trade Legwand for picks/prospects
Waive Dubnyk
Call up Rinne and a forward

Legwand is our only UFA so I wouldn't expect too much selling on our part.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
The only thing I really want him to do is trade Cullen or Legwand (if he doesn't want to re-sign) for a pick. I'm not feeling it this year so no need for anything crazy.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Hey guys, can you help me out?

Has your beat writers said anything about Vanek? I see here and there from blogs and other writers that Nashville could be in on Vanek but I looked at the standings and was surprised. Not that you guys can't make the playoffs but it would be risky considering the chances you might miss.

Although getting back Rinne should really turn the tide of course.

But is it just baseless speculation or is there real interest?

Looking at this thread I'm guessing the former.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Hey guys, can you help me out?

Has your beat writers said anything about Vanek? I see here and there from blogs and other writers that Nashville could be in on Vanek but I looked at the standings and was surprised. Not that you guys can't make the playoffs but it would be risky considering the chances you might miss.

Although getting back Rinne should really turn the tide of course.

But is it just baseless speculation or is there real interest?

Looking at this thread I'm guessing the former.

Asst. GM Paul Fenton said in a interview that we weren't going to be going after Vanek or Moulson. We aren't going to be buyers of UFA's. If we can get someone with a contract that can help us then we could make a trade. I don't expect us to do anything except trade Legwand if they can't come to contract terms.

ChesterCopperpot1*

Would like for Leggy to retire a Pred but let's face it, rarely do players play their entire career with one team.

If Leggy wants to get to FA, trade him. Get what you can. No use in letting him walk for nothing if you can't/won't sign him.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Legwand is one of our more attractive pieces if moved as a rental. The flip side is that he is one of our better performers this season and meshes well with Smith.

Cullen is movable and might bring a pick or prospect from a contender making a push. Stalberg's underperformance makes him a player I'd bet Trotz and Poile would like to move ... but who would take him right now? Moving Clune won't bring much ... maybe a late round pick. Dubnyk for a 23rd round pick in somebody's fantasy league and counterfeit puck would be a steal.

I'm not expecting a busy deadline for the Preds (especially if the claim about Legwand wanting to remain is true). Maybe bring in somebody for picks ... maybe ship out a prospect or two for picks or similar pieces in return.

There is still one compliance buyout for use this summer. The issue is that most of the best candidates for that buyout are ineligible (Stalberg in particular).

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Apparently trade a *$@#ing 3rd and 5th for Pirri :rant:

But really, do what is best for us in 3-5 years.

As mentioned in numerous threads already ... the Hawks had to agree to a trade and the odds of them shipping Pirri within the division for such late picks are about as long as the Preds winning the Cup this season. The Hawks made a deal with Tallon ... not surprising ... and sent a player to the East ... again, not surprising.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Yeah legs will get us far. -See: Last 10 years.

Beggers can't be choosers only thing bringing in a top 3 is Josi or Weber..

You'd be surprised. Top 3 now would currently take Weber or Josi.

But the best way to get a top 3 is to get an undervalued young player who has that potential.

Something along the lines of what Toronto did with Schenn for JVR, or what Ottawa did with Rundblad for Turris (although he isn't a top 3 but I digress), or what Buffalo did with Kassian for Hodgson etc.

It can happen, just need to take a little risk.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
You'd be surprised. Top 3 now would currently take Weber or Josi.

But the best way to get a top 3 is to get an undervalued young player who has that potential.

Something along the lines of what Toronto did with Schenn for JVR, or what Ottawa did with Rundblad for Turris (although he isn't a top 3 but I digress), or what Buffalo did with Kassian for Hodgson etc.

It can happen, just need to take a little risk.

None of the guys you mentioned are top 3's though. Some aren't even top 6's yet.

The type of deal Poile should be looking for is a team that needs that final piece to the puzzle and is willing to give up a major part of the future for it. Problem is, we don't have that type of player to give so it's going to be awfully hard to do. I'm thinking a Niewendyk for Iginla type trade where it helps both teams but we don't have a Joe N type unfortunately so it would be Legwand for Iginla light at the very best. I know the sport isn't related but anyone remember the Red Sox/Astros trade many years ago? Larry Anderson for a young kid named Jeff Bagwell? Didn't help the Sox that year and it turned Houston in to a pretty good team for many years. Another good one was a throw in on a Larry Bowa for Ivan DeJesus deal, this kid named Ryne Sandberg, who only turned in to a HOF'er.

You have to catch lightning in a bottle and hope the person/pick/prospect you trade for goes above and beyond your wildest dreams. I'm not sure who's out there prospect wise but one can only hope Poile is able to acquire another Forsberg type of player for Legwand and if not, get a 1st+ and something like a 2nd+ for Cullen. Then all of a sudden come draft day you have some chips to throw around to move up or move up the following year if you've got some foresight as to who might suck and have a chance at McDavid. Speaking of that, wouldn't it be funny if we traded one David for a shot at a McDavid. I don't know but I think that's funny.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
1. I want him to resign and give the reigns to Fenton.
2. I want Fenton to find a place for as many of Fish/Bourque/Cullen/Stalberg/Goose as he can, but at least 2.
3. I want Leggy signed to a 3yr deal with an understanding of diminishing role or I want him dealt for best we can get.
4. I do NOT want the young D touched right now.
5. And if there is something to get for one of those goalies we got that'd be fine, too. I suspect Buff will be looking for someone to wear pads before this is all done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad