Line Combos: What do you think the opening day roster will be?

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
:habs

Forwards

Pacioretty Desharnais Gallagher
Bourque Plekanec Briere
Galchenyuk Eller Prust
Moen White Parros

ex. Dumont

Injury Gionta, if available put him in Prust's spot and Prust moves down to the 4th with White sitting.

Defense

Subban Gorges
Markov Boullion
Murray Diaz

ex. Drewiske , Tinordi

Injury Emelin

Goaltending

Price
Budaj

I think Gionta will be ready and White will likely take the 4th line center.

Why did you pout Subban on the left side?

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
give it a chance...they were top 5 in the league before diaz went down...they're not a bad bunch, and hopefully markov is fully recovered. he played a lot of hockey on newly constructed leg, and, hopefully with a proper routine, he can bounce back and not be quite as slow.

I like the line-up, and with all the young guys there are several possibilities that might change this team...I don't know what people expect :dunno:, they just won their division while being plagued with injuries...and a new coaching staff.

The problem is too many question marks in our line up. Still lacking size and grit on BOTH offense and defense.

Pretty weak 1st line. DD on the first line is not a good thing. Our best future centers are playing on the THIRD line, again?

I don't give much importance in last year's regular season rankings to be honest, still a pretty mediocre playoffs team to me.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
The problem is too many question marks in our line up. Still lacking size and grit on BOTH offense and defense.

Pretty weak 1st line. DD on the first line is not a good thing. Our best future centers are playing on the THIRD line, again?

I don't give much importance in last year's regular season rankings to be honest, still a pretty mediocre playoffs team to me.

It's not necessarily the 1st line. Too much emphasis on the line rankings. The DD line and Eller line will be sheltered a bit while The Pleks line shuts down the oppositions top line. It's not a matter of 1st line center, 2nd line center, 3rd line center.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Pacioretty - Pleaknec - Brière
Bourque - Desharnais - Thomas/McCarron/Andrighetto (whoever deserve to fill in for Gionta the most)
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Prust - Dumont - White/Blunden

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Nygren/Tinordi
Bouillon/Murray - Diaz

Apparently, people are fogetting that Gionta and Parros are injured and won't make the line up whe nthe season begin.

LOL at Ghetto, Thomas and McCarron ahead of Leblanc in your evaluation...
EDIT : Actually... those three might be better than Leblanc AT THAT POINT (unlikely, but possible). But the thing is -- I guess the team will want to see what Leblanc can give, and having him take the spot of Gionta isn't totally out of line with the role Leblanc could occupy in the future. Leblanc's on the last year of his ELC and they'd probably give him any icetime he could possibly manage in order to see where does he fit. Besides, not sure Thomas can manage anything else than extremely sheltered minutes at this point.

Last edited:

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
It's not necessarily the 1st line. Too much emphasis on the line rankings. The DD line and Eller line will be sheltered a bit while The Pleks line shuts down the oppositions top line. It's not a matter of 1st line center, 2nd line center, 3rd line center.

I called it the first line because probably our best wingers are playing on that line and that line will get all the offensive opportunities.

I rather give Plekanec our best wingers, making it a real 1st line, I rather see Eller and Galchenyuk with more responsibilties and offensive role, so basically, on the 2nd line and PP. And then DD with a less important role, on the third line, PP from time to time.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I called it the first line because probably our best wingers are playing on that line and that line will get all the offensive opportunities.

I rather give Plekanec our best wingers, making it a real 1st line, I rather see Eller and Galchenyuk with more responsibilties and offensive role, so basically, on the 2nd line and PP. And then DD with a less important role, on the third line, PP from time to time.

Aside from the 4th I think it's way too early to guess right now, too many moving parts. Will gio be ready or not? Shrimpy said he will play anywhere but how well? What if the move ends up being like Philly?

Plus young guys still could make the team, we are not going to have a repeat of last year but it's still a possibility. The one thing that I think makes sense is a Diaz Murray pairing, but what about tinordi? If there is someone who is closest to being ready it's him, but I hope he spends the majority of the season in Hamilton.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
What junior players do people here think have the best chance of getting into a few regular season games (less than the 10 game contract-year limit)?

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Going 100% with my feeling right now, with a couple of wild guesses, but that's the vibe I get:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Briere
Bourque - Plekanec - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller - Hudon (9 games tryout)
Moen - Prust - White

Markov - Gorges
Tinordi - Subban
Murray - Bouillon

Price
Budaj

IR: Parros, Gionta

The way Bergevin speaks about our D leads me to believe he might have a move in mind if one of the young guys do well in camp, and Hudon looks like he's determined to have a very good camp. He'll go back in the QMJHL, but will still get a 9 games tryout before Gionta comes back.

ak90210

Sep 18, 2011
If Briere is best at C and Desharnais isn't gonna be waived/traded/scratched etc. I wouldn't mind seeing:

Bourque Plekanec Gionta (Leblanc/Thomas/Prust as temporary fill in)
Galchenyuk Eller Gallagher
Paccioretty Briere Desharnais
Moen White Prust
Parros

Markov Subban
Gorges Diaz
Murray Beaulieu

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
If Briere is best at C and Desharnais isn't gonna be waived/traded/scratched etc. I wouldn't mind seeing:

Bourque Plekanec Gionta (Leblanc/Thomas/Prust as temporary fill in)
Galchenyuk Eller Gallagher
Paccioretty Briere Desharnais
Moen White Prust
Parros

Markov Subban
Gorges Diaz
Murray Beaulieu

Briere is definitely best at center but the problem is that Briere said he is fine playing the wing and DD said he isn't / would rather play C.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Briere is definitely best at center but the problem is that Briere said he is fine playing the wing and DD said he isn't / would rather play C.

I've got to say that I've been defending Desharnais a lot lately, but his latest comments about not feeling the "need" to rebound and how he spoke of his last season highly is hard to take. That, and the fact he's the only single player on the club who started talking about how he wants to stay at C... I don't know... Doesn't give a good vibe.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
We were saying that with Hall Gill that he shouldn't be playing more than 15 mins. He offered us top quality 20+mins in the playoffs.

Yes because they are the same player... Hal Gill is 6' 7", very hard to move and did a great job clearing the front of the net. Bouillon is 5'8" and is no where near as useful as Gill was at that point in his career. Also Hal Gill and cube are the same age, so again your argument doesn't make sense as Gill was in his early 30s at the time.

Last edited:

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gionta
Morrow - Briere - Bourque
Moen - White - Prust
Parros

Markov - Gorges
Tinordi - Subban
Murray - Drewiske

Price
Boodaiii

durojean

May 29, 2007
Galchenyuk Plekanec Gionta
Bourque Eller Brière
Pacioretty Desharnais Gallagher
Moen White Prust

Markov Subban
Diaz Gorges
Murray Bouillion

Price
Budaj

MaynardJames

Jul 6, 2007
Quebec
Galchenyuk-Eller-Brière
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Bourque-Plekanec-Prust
Moen-Dumont-White
Ex. Leblanc, Parros & Gionta

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Pateryn
Murray-Diaz
Ex. Drewiske, Bouillon & Emelin

Price-Budaj

PunkinDrublic*

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gionta
Morrow - Briere - Bourque
Moen - White - Prust
Parros

Markov - Gorges
Tinordi - Subban
Murray - Drewiske

Price
Boodaiii

Ding Ding Ding ! Let's be honest Desharnais needs to go, and for risk of repeating myself. Those that pencil Briere in at wing, must not have seen him play this position in Philly, yes he put up a few points, less than at center, and the coaching staff had to put him back at center.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Galchenyuk-Eller-Brière
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Bourque-Plekanec-Prust
Moen-Dumont-White
Ex. Leblanc, Parros & Gionta

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Pateryn
Murray-Diaz
Ex. Drewiske, Bouillon & Emelin

Price-Budaj

This could be the solution, if only we could get rid of Bouillon.....

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
now that collberg is coming to training camp (I think) maybe they seem him as a possibility on wing?

I didn't like the Leblanc pick at the time, but I think he's a guy a cup winning team needs on the bottom 6, in a shut-down role. This is a big year for him, and I hope he steps it up and shakes off the bad from last year.

On d:

Tinordi
Beaulieu
Pateryn

are all knocking on the door.

Habs Junkie

Feb 24, 2009
Montreal
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Bourque - Eller - Briere
Prust - Galchenyuk - Gionta
Moen - White - Parros

Desharnais=Cut

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Tinordi (Emelin)
Murray - Diaz
Bouillon

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Bourque
Briere - Plekanec - Prust
Moen - White - Parros

Tinordi/Gorges - Subban
Markov - Gorges/Tinordi
Murray - Diaz
Bouillon

Price
Budaj

Last edited:

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
Bourque-Desharnais-Briere
Prust-White-Moen
Extra: Parros

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Murray
Bouillon-Diaz
Extra: Tinordi, Drewiske

Price
Budaj

Just looking at this lineup like this I'm thinking, who will sit out if Parros is in.
If its Moen, maybe this is the wake up call he needs to get motivated, play grittier and maybe fight every once in a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad