Line Combos: What do you think the opening day roster will be?

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
:habs

Forwards

Pacioretty Desharnais Gallagher
Bourque Plekanec Briere
Galchenyuk Eller Prust
Moen White Parros

ex. Dumont

Injury Gionta, if available put him in Prust's spot and Prust moves down to the 4th with White sitting.

Defense

Subban Gorges
Markov Boullion
Murray Diaz

ex. Drewiske , Tinordi

Injury Emelin

Goaltending

Price
Budaj

Last edited:

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Bourque and Brière together with Plekanec would be a waste of Plekanec's defensive ability.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Who's playing C for the 4th line if White sits? I guess this thread will look very different in a couple of weeks.

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
Bourque-Plekanec-Briere
Galchenyuk-Desharnais-Pacioretty
Leblanc-Eller-Gallagher
Prust-White-Moen (Parros)

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Murray
Bouillon-Diaz

Price
Budaj

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Reports are that Parros won't be ready for the start of the year. Seems like Gionta will have a very good chance to start the year.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenyuk-Eller-Briere
Prust-White-Moen
(Dumont)

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Bouillon
Murray-Diaz
(Drewiskie)

Not a whole lot different than last year.

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
Agreed. Mt better realize the guy is 38 years old and should not be playing more then 15 mins a game.

We were saying that with Hall Gill that he shouldn't be playing more than 15 mins. He offered us top quality 20+mins in the playoffs.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Man seeing Boullion on the 2nd pairing gives me some chills

Agreed. Mt better realize the guy is 38 years old and should not be playing more then 15 mins a game.

It's Bouillon or Murray. Subban and Diaz are staying at RD and Diaz and Markov likely shouldn't be on the same pairing due to their similar playing styles. The other reasonable option would be...

Markov-Subban
Gorges-Diaz
Murray-Bouillon <-- Serious potential for oppositional exploitation

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Patches DD gally
Bourque pleks gio
Gally eller briere
Moen white prust

Gorges subban
Markov tinordi
Murray diaz
Bouillon drew

Price
Budaj

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
We were saying that with Hall Gill that he shouldn't be playing more than 15 mins. He offered us top quality 20+mins in the playoffs.

True, but not all older players are the same. Bouillon's game is based off of speed, strong play against the boards, and being able to play the man. Not to say he's a star player, but those qualities are what made him succeed.

Gill was never known for speed, and even as an older player his skills were still helping the team. He was all about playing the man in front of the net, blocking passes, getting in the shooting lane, and generally making it difficult for people to get around him, he had no problem playing his game even when he slowed down. Bouillon, I'm not so sure.

PunkinDrublic*

Desharnais as Montreal Canadiens first line center is just so ****in wrong ! Please no. At least have Pleks or Briere.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Nasty roster... Especially the D. Yikes. :help:

give it a chance...they were top 5 in the league before diaz went down...they're not a bad bunch, and hopefully markov is fully recovered. he played a lot of hockey on newly constructed leg, and, hopefully with a proper routine, he can bounce back and not be quite as slow.

I like the line-up, and with all the young guys there are several possibilities that might change this team...I don't know what people expect :dunno:, they just won their division while being plagued with injuries...and a new coaching staff.

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
True, but not all older players are the same. Bouillon's game is based off of speed, strong play against the boards, and being able to play the man. Not to say he's a star player, but those qualities are what made him succeed.

Gill was never known for speed, and even as an older player his skills were still helping the team. He was all about playing the man in front of the net, blocking passes, getting in the shooting lane, and generally making it difficult for people to get around him, he had no problem playing his game even when he slowed down. Bouillon, I'm not so sure.

Yea i agree. I just meant that we should wait and see before complaining on his ice time.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
IF Gionta will be healthy...
IF Parros won't be ready vs the Leaves (I really hope he will be)...

Pacioretty/Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Bourque/Pacioretty - DD - Briere
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Prust - White - Moen

*Murray/Bouillon - PK Subban
Markov - Gorges
*Murray/Bouillon - Diaz

*Murray and Bouillon will rotate with Subban and Diaz, imo.

Habruti!

Mar 5, 2002
Gatineau
Visit site
Reports are that Parros won't be ready for the start of the year. Seems like Gionta will have a very good chance to start the year.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenyuk-Eller-Briere
Prust-White-Moen
(Dumont)

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Bouillon
Murray-Diaz
(Drewiskie)

Not a whole lot different than last year.

You may be right with this lineup assuming no kids crack it; I am hoping for few surprises if not the stating day sometime along the season. Perhaps one of Bournival or Leblanc ...

For the lineup I hope they now realize that Desharnais'role as to be diminished for him to produce ..

Pacioretty, Plekanek, Briere
Gallchenyuk, Eller, Gallagher
Bourque/Bournival, Desharnais, Gionta/Prust/Leblanc
Moen, White/Prust, Parros/White

Georges, Subban
Murray, Diaz
Markov, Tinordi
Bouillon

Xia

Mar 9, 2011
Toronto
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
Bourque-Desharnais-Briere
Prust-White-Moen
Extra: Parros

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Murray
Bouillon-Diaz
Extra: Tinordi, Drewiske

Price
Budaj

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
Bourque-Desharnais-Briere
Prust-White-Moen
Extra: Parros

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Murray
Bouillon-Diaz
Extra: Tinordi, Drewiske

Price
Budaj

Markov and Murray will never be a pairing... both are slow as ****. Diaz is the perfect partner for murray and vice versa... they allow each other to do what they do best

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
You may be right with this lineup assuming no kids crack it; I am hoping for few surprises if not the stating day sometime along the season. Perhaps one of Bournival or Leblanc ...

For the lineup I hope they now realize that Desharnais'role as to be diminished for him to produce ..

Pacioretty, Plekanek, Briere
Gallchenyuk, Eller, Gallagher
Bourque/Bournival, Desharnais, Gionta/Prust/Leblanc
Moen, White/Prust, Parros/White

Georges, Subban
Murray, Diaz
Markov, Tinordi
Bouillon

Unless there's an injury, I can't see any rookie forwards playing their way onto the team. I don't think there's any chance Thomas/Leblanc will be playing ahead of Gallagher, Briere or Gionta. Our top-9 veterans are very set and there aren't many holes in the lineup where we could choose one of our rookies over a veteran because of a stylistic need, they're all too alike!

As well, Desharnais is playing in the role he needs to play in to succeed. He's getting 1A offensive starts, match-ups and minutes with fellow high-end offensive players. Putting Galchenyuk on his right wing might be an option I hadn't really considered.... We need to match him with guys that can open up space and play at the same level offensively, I think that's Pacioretty-Galchenyuk/Bourque and not Pacioretty-Gallagher. Desharnais gets severely underrated around here, he's an absolute ace as a playmaker despite not being able to do much else. So maybe...

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Galchenyuk
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Briere-Eller-Gallagher

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Markov and Murray will never be a pairing... both are slow as ****. Diaz is the perfect partner for murray and vice versa... they allow each other to do what they do best

Desharnais:

Slow, non-physical, liability unless playing with the right players, offensive wizard, Under 6'

Markov:

Slow, non-physical, liability unless playing with the right players, offensive wizard, injury prone

Interesting..... :sarcasm:

Issacar

Jan 19, 2011
Pacioretty - Pleaknec - Brière
Bourque - Desharnais - Thomas/McCarron/Andrighetto (whoever deserve to fill in for Gionta the most)
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Prust - Dumont - White/Blunden

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Nygren/Tinordi
Bouillon/Murray - Diaz

Apparently, people are fogetting that Gionta and Parros are injured and won't make the line up whe nthe season begin.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
As I pointed out in that other thread, I think we should give Plekanec's defensive duties to Eller and let Plekanec be more creative offensively, while playing with better wingers. It's a waste of our best offensive player to restrain him to play only with two-way players.

Brière - Plekanec - Bourque / dynamic first line, Bourque is better on the RW and Brière has stated he don't mind playing left wing. A feisty line with a bit of size and lot of skills.

Prust - Eller - Gionta / should become our new shutdown line to play against the opponents best line. Can provide energy and a spark of offence from time to time.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher / The G were dynamite together and we're giving them a solid 1st line winger, and our best scorer, to lead them.

Moen - Desharnais - White / Parros can fill in for White from time to time. Suck for Desharnais to be stuck on a checking line but he's no fit in the top 9. We can give him some powerplay time and reduce his 5v5 role. First to replace when injuries happen (and it will).

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Desharnais:

Slow, non-physical, liability unless playing with the right players, offensive wizard, Under 6'

Markov:

Slow, non-physical, liability unless playing with the right players, offensive wizard, injury prone

Interesting..... :sarcasm:

huh no, can be good offensively, but wizard ? come on now...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad