What do you think should happen if the Sabres miss the playoffs

• Complete rebuild - yet again

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Is this serious? You Fire both the following damn day. I guess being the most sad, worthless franchise in sports the last 13 years has left people with zero accountability. Oh you missed the playoffs again for 3 year full years in a row where half of the teams make it? Good job, A for effort !

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

But this is how it is, they have neither experience nor good stats. Even Tokarski had a more successful NHL career than those two, and I'm sure most of us still consider him an AHL goalie.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
The problem was that there were not a lot of quality goalies on the move this offseason, especially on the trade market which is where the Sabres would likely have looked first with Levi, UPL, and Comrie all signed for this season.
Contracts are not a problem at all, UPL and Comrie are worth little and one of them could easily play in Rochester or be traded to another team. There were options on the market and there still are. It might make sense to overpay a little to solve a very important problem or even play for luck (DeSmith/Vladar), but this is a last resort. I don’t know why Adams risks missing the playoffs again because of this, apparently he knows that nothing will happen to him for this. Now there are some rumors about Thompson from Vegas, does that mean Adams is still looking for a goalie?

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Depends on how we miss. A proper answer needs context.

I don't see a world where GM or coach are fired though.

As much as it pains me to say this, they probably can get away with missing one more year, no wonder how much I'll rage about it.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

As much as it pains me to say this, they probably can get away with missing one more year, no wonder how much I'll rage about it.
I think it’ll take three more years of missing before Terry starts thinking of firing Adams. Just putting my Pegula hat on, could be wrong.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
This is decidedly not how it is.
What's wrong? I provided the facts, Tokarski is a more experienced goalie in the NHL than Comrie and the UPL, he has more games. Tokarski has better overall stats in the NHL than Comrie and UPL.

Comrie had one successful NHL season with 19 games as Hellebuyck's backup. Of those 19 games, he wasn't very good in almost half of the games. What we end up with is a guy who played about 10 good games in the NHL at age 27 before signing with Buffalo. Not very impressive.

UPL is an inconsistent goaltender at the moment, he's still young but also hampered by injuries, he wasn't great in the AHL and has almost no NHL experience. He can play well for a short period of time, but then his inconsistency returns. Today he is good, and in the next game the day after tomorrow he is bad, and the next day he plays a bad game again, so he constantly alternates.

Frankly speaking, we have a very dubious team of goaliers to reach the playoffs, my only hope is in Levi, that the guy can handle it, and I believe in him, but to him will also need help.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
If Dahlin or Tage miss significant time it would be a mitigating factor.

The East really is wide open and finishing 9th would be very disappointing but I wouldn't overreact. I've thought that the 2024 offseason is the summer of trade for a while now and I'm sticking to it.

It all depends on Levi, and if it aint going so hot with him I think coach and GM are covered this year. I think owner is on board with the Levi plan so it is what it is.

Edit to add Special Teams have to improve significantly this year. I'm more apt to can Granato, and it would be for this reason if PP and PK continue to suck.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Context would be important. Is it that someone key goes down with a season-long injury and they find that player's contributions irreplaceable from within or without? Or they are in the mix and miss late but are improved in the standings?

Or is it that key players are partying hard enough to be found passed out in a snowbank on Chippawa after game despite having a pregnant wife at home? Are they turning to blow? Alienating people around town and one another in the room by their ego and lack of preparation and drug use?

I mean, context.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Context would be important. Is it that someone key goes down with a season-long injury and they find that player's contributions irreplaceable from within or without? Or they are in the mix and miss late but are improved in the standings?

Or is it that key players are partying hard enough to be found passed out in a snowbank on Chippawa after game despite having a pregnant wife at home? Are they turning to blow? Alienating people around town and one another in the room by their ego and lack of preparation and drug use?

I mean, context.

But I want to be angry about them missing the playoffs NOW.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Since there still was no context, the simple answers of fire the coaching staff and finding better players by being more aggressive both fit.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
has people's opinions changed?
Granato needs to go. He's in over his head.

I'm a little extra salty knowing the final WC seed likely won't even hit 90 pts this year, and they still missed. What a waste of a season. Probably the easiest path to a WC spot in years. It was given to them on a platter, and they still fumbled it. I'm still not convinced the city of Buffalo isn't built on a cursed burial ground. You can't write a more mind-numbing script with all the shit this city has been dealt over the years.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Granato needs to go. He's in over his head.

I'm a little extra salty knowing the final WC seed likely won't even hit 90 pts this year, and they still missed. What a waste of a season. Probably the easiest path to a WC spot in years. It was given to them on a platter, and they still fumbled it. I'm still not convinced the city of Buffalo isn't built on a cursed burial ground. You can't write a more mind-numbing script with all the shit this city has been dealt over the years.
I believe the name Buffalo was derived from the ancient native word "bafongool" which is what the natives kept yelling when the area was being settled. Idk maybe my history is off.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I voted coach and GM on the hot seat at the time. The way the season played out, I think it is clear the members of the coaching staff are in over their heads and need to go.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The lack of action should absolutely result in repercussions on Adams.

No other team would do nothing in their situation. With the amount of assets they have. With the cap space and needs.

Just him.

That has to start mattering to someone.

Failure to act is not a plan. Nothing is not a direction.
Just going to save this so I can paste this one into next year’s thread when history repeats itself again

It was my opinion two years ago. And people said it was premature.
It was my opinion last year. Some people still defended it
It will be my opinion next year when Adams brings Granato back and makes nothing but small moves to fill out a roster. Who will defend it then?

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY

We have context!

The coach should be fired. Unfortunately, I agree with past-Gab, thinking it's unlikely to happen. And I will rage about it.

The GM shouldn't be fired. He messed up hard last summer, but I don't want another change in vision at a critical time. Keep Adams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad