What do you think? ROR.

Jumping

Jun 17, 2010
Atlanta Ga
So I'm curious what everyone (or those who care) would think about trading with Colorado, moving back in the draft so they could jump up and get Provonov?
Would the difference be enough to get ROR?
I was thinking Flyers #1, TB #1, Grossman for ROR and Colorado #1. I think you could still draft a nice wing (Conner?) with Colorado's pick.
ROR looks pretty good with Giroux. ROR - Giroux - Vora would be pretty amazing.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Interest is less than zero , assuming he is getting 6 mill plus we can not spend 22 million on 3 Fwds.

Van Buren Boy

--------------------
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado needs D. ROR is a stud and as we see, G and him have chemistry. While he is a natural center he can play the wing. He's a 6M cap hit and a UFA after next season.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Hextall would need to have a verbal agreement in place with ROR on what his next deal would cost.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Interest is less than zero , assuming he is getting 6 mill plus we can not spend 22 million on 3 Fwds.

Normally I would agree with you but the organization is in a good spot to make a deal like this. In two years, the team will be rid of the following contracts:

Streit- 5.25M cap hit
Umberger- 4.6M cap hit
Lecavalier- 4.5M cap hit
Grossmann-3.6M cap hit
Schenn-3.6M cap hit

They will be replaced by Morin,Sanheim,Ghost,Hagg, Laughton, and the #10 pick. They should all be on a bargain contracts for the next 5-6 years between the entry-level/bridge contracts if Hextall can manage it properly.

The only players making big money(5m+) will be Giroux, Voracek, O'Reilly, and likely Mason. I don't expect Schenn/Couturier to be making 5m+ in the next few years and if they happen to, it will likely be because they took a huge step forward and that would be a good problem to have at that point.

If all goes according to plan, this team should be contending when the group of defensive prospects coming up are on cheap contracts. That allows the organization to spend money on forwards.

Edit: I also am a big fan of O'Reilly and think that he can be a major piece to a Stanley Cup contender. I would not be willing to make this deal for any ordinary top 6 player but the potential to roll out the following for the next 5+years is fun to think about.

O'Reilly-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Couturier-Simmonds
Raffl-Laughton-Read

If they take Zacha/Rantanen/Connor at #10:

Zacha/Rantanen/Connor-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Couturier-O'Reilly
Read-Laughton-Simmonds

O'Reilly's ability to play center or wing also opens up a ton of other possibilities via trade targets.

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

I don't agree with that because will have a cheap defense soon as Morin, Ghost and Sanheim make the team and Grossmann, LSchenn and eventually Streit leave.

DrHamburg

Mar 12, 2009
New York
2 big problems, Flyers scouting has been pretty damn impressive drafting in the first round. So having 2 first rounders is pretty important. Even if you swapped ROR and Grossmann for next season I do not see the Flyers as a cup contender so the risk of losing ROR after only 1 season and giving up 1 first rounder and moving back a few spots don't really seem worth it.

I think Flyers would do their first and grossmann for ROR and Col's first but I think adding the other pick would be the deal breaker.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Oh hey guys

Telling you, he will be ours soon. Compliments the top line perfectly.

That deal is a good one too. I still think the schenn brothers are bait to get him. Those two and a 3rd rounder. We get the better player and they get the cost controlled forward.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Oh hey guys

Telling you, he will be ours soon. Compliments the top line perfectly.

That deal is a good one too. I still think the schenn brothers are bait to get him. Those two and a 3rd rounder. We get the better player and they get the cost controlled forward.

tumblr_mnbzr17o9C1qedb29o1_500.gif

No. Bad Prongo.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Nope. MacKinnon was and is the best player from that draft. You don't pass on someone like him based off of need.

I don't think the 'best' player issue is settled yet. Jones was pretty amazing in the playoffs and is making all three teams that passed on him look pretty stupid.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
The Flyers are going to have to give Jake a significant raise next summer.
It just isn't feasible. As much as I would love to dump Grossmann.
trading the crap at forward like Vinny and Umberger is easier said that done.
This deal also goes against everything Hextall has said many times over.

EDIT: LOL@ that gif Beef put up

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
The AMac deal kind of screws up any legitimate thought. If that 5MM cap hit didn't exist, I think it would be possible, that's a giant dead contract.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Flyers are going to trade:

Vinny L
brayden schenn
Luke schenn
Tampa bay 1st rounder
4th rounder (you know for good measure)

For

Seth Jones
Victor stalberg
-insert some AHL player with minimum potential

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Nope. MacKinnon was and is the best player from that draft. You don't pass on someone like him based off of need.

I don't know if i agree with this. 101 points in a 146 games is damn impressive for how young he is.

Seth Jones has 54 points in 159 games (obviously nowhere near Nate's but different positions) and he plays some REALLY sensational defense, especially towards the end of the year and playoffs.

They are both great players, just not sure if the difference is so big that they shouldn't have gone with need.

Can we at least agree he should have been chosen before Druin? haha

Fulton44*

The Flyers can't afford Giroux, ROR, and Voracek once he gets a new deal. If Voracek plays anywhere near as good as he did last year he's going to want and probably get Giroux money and ROR already makes 6 million. So by 2016 that would be about 22 million in cap dollars for three forwards, can't swing that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad