What do you think of Leafs TV?

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
It's been on the air for over a decade and I've subscribed to it, on and off, since it's introduction.

What do you think of Leafs TV, in terms of the content and delivery?

A) Excellent
B) Good
C) OK
D) Bad
E) Terrible

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I don't think it's anything better than OK.

I want to vote bad actually, but ya. They need to inject this channel with some more life. I had it for a couple years for dropped it never looked back.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Paul Hendrick seems like a really nice man.

But I feel that Leafs TV needs to move on from him as their main "reporter".

It isn't necessarily the last straw but asking Kasperi Kapanen about his father getting absolutely destroyed by a Darcy Tucker hit was cringe-worthy and unnecessary. Brendan Shanahan needs to seriously look at the content and substance on Leafs TV. It's the teams official channel. Make it good. It's been crap for so long. The behind the draft videos are terrible. Cut and paste from other media outlets and already posted interviews.

This is the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Leafs TV is so bad.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
LeafsTV as a concept has so much potential.

But it seems like every single year they continue to waste it.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
LeafsTV as a concept has so much potential.

But it seems like every single year they continue to waste it.

They need to make a show like what the Oilers and Habs have done, a small window into the players lives and how they are on a daily basis. Stop playing black and white games or irrelevant regular season games for 2004. The content they actually choose to put on is terrible. They have some decent segments but overall its just atrocious, its either spamming "The Leaf" over and over or playing old hockey games, the only time its worth tuning into is if you missed a press conference or something since you know they will replay that until the cows come home.

horner

May 22, 2007
It would be nice if TML showed the fans the same loyalty that we show them.
Have more than a 1 hr of the prospects this week maybe show the scrimmage, the whole gm.
During the season highlight a prospect or two a WK.

I think we all have earned it.
Its the only thing we have right now to look forward to.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
flat out terrible

no live leaf games , the only reruns that hold any value are the late west coast teams

and a handful of marl games, "snore"

agropop

Mar 3, 2011
Windsor
It could be chock full of new content, heavy Marlies coverage, even following prospects in junior, on top of Leafs coverage. Why it's the barren, snore fest it is is mystifying.

They should buy Dangle's post game vids, provide analytics shows and tickers... So much possibility, and such a serving of cold soup and reruns instead.

Shame.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
The day that Leaf TV started broadcasting games was the day that I cancelled my cable and started watching in bars then streaming.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Awful, I really need to get around to cancelling it.

gravyface

Jun 22, 2010
Brutal. I understand that they'll never obtain the rights to Leafs games again, but they could televise all the Marlies games, in HD.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
After yesterday's Kapanen interview I don't have a very high opinion at all. Classless. Amateur at times.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
canuckstv is cool u see a lot behind the scenes and it's on youtube

leafstv isnt that great, u dont see a lot of behind the scenes footage
other than them on the benches talking about today's game or practice session

pointless channel now that they dont show games anymore xD

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Inexplicably terrible. Don't understand how they can sink so much money and effort into studios, personalities, music and graphics, and then put out such a small quantity of absolutely terrible programming.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

It isn't necessarily the last straw but asking Kasperi Kapanen about his father getting absolutely destroyed by a Darcy Tucker hit was cringe-worthy and unnecessary. Brendan Shanahan needs to seriously look at the content and substance on Leafs TV. It's the teams official channel. Make it good. It's been crap for so long. The behind the draft videos are terrible. Cut and paste from other media outlets and already posted interviews.

Leafs TV is so bad.

I've seen this mentioned before but haven't seen it.

Why is it such an issue for some? Seems like a natural question I'm sure most thought of once the trade went down.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
It looks like a community station. The production level is awful, they offer no advantage over Snet or TSn in terms of information and definitely not the quality of the talent. If there will be no games on it, I hardly see the point of paying for the channel.

cheeeko

Sep 20, 2012
Halifax, NS

Leafs TV is so bad.

Totally agree! That question was terrible, and in bad taste.

They really do need to move on from him.

ldnk

Apr 8, 2009
It could be a pretty interesting channel if it was completely different from what it offers.

I think it would be somewhat interesting if it had some of the following:

1) All Marlies games
2) Add in the odd top prospect game or a weekly junior hockey review focusing on the Leafs prospects
3) Replay of each game after completion of the original broadcast to give people a chance to watch the game
4) A detailed analysis of each game
5) Actually air classic games

Instead you get a terrible channel with low production quality that looks like it was designed by amateurs working for Rogers TV.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00