OT: What do you think about this new board design?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
This is absolute garbage! Technical issues aside (and I'm sure they'll be fixed in time) this just looks awful. The avatars are way too small, and why can't we see post counts, date registered, location, signatures etc. anymore? Why do we need a drop-down menu for those? What was wrong with just having them there? I can't tell if it looks worse on desktop or mobile.

I hate how every website/platform has to do this minimalist shit these days. They think it's trendy and cutting edge but it just looks bland and stock.

The days of old-school internet forums/message boards are truly dying out. It's a shame.
It was clearly done to save unused space.

If you write a one-sentence post your post will take up less space with that info hidden.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Now on PC.

RIP people with 4K monitor because that's what it looks like
1b4b32f8f0.png
Not sure if someone mentioned yet, but scroll down all the way to the bottom of the page. On the left there is an image with two arrows. Click on that to fix the margins.

Reactions: Oryxo and pass31

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Not sure if someone mentioned yet, but scroll down all the way to the bottom of the page. On the left there is an image with two arrows. Click on that to fix the margins.
Good to know. Much better that way and with the large or XL size (though i don't use my 4k monitor for browsing, i still use my 1440 one and it was very small on it too)

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
I like the Dark Mode. Does it still take you back to the last post read when you leave & come back to a thread? Cuz that's a step back if not...

vHAB

Apr 21, 2007
Montreal
This was HF at its peak imo. I miss seeing that blue box every morning.

View attachment 514384

P.S. One thing I will give the new design is that it's super convenient to be able to cut and paste images from your clipboard instead of having to host them elsewhere first. Or maybe you've always been able to do that and I'm just stupid.
It was great, but no mobile version was super annoying though

Reactions: MasterD

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Took me all day to log in because of error messages and I don’t recognize anyone any more. Also why’s it so hard to switch pages?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad