OT: What do you think about this new board design?

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Is it my imagination or did the background get darker? Now make the reply from area different from the new message section. Maybe grey out the text or lighten the background. Maybe a thicker border line. Getting rid of the red text was a good idea also. Starting to look pretty good imo.

Hint: When refreshing a page, it will refresh to where the cursor was last active. If you use the scroll wheel to go from the first post to let's say the 12th, and hit refresh without making the 12th post the last clicked, it will refresh to the top.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Here's an example for the reply text,

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-24 112158.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-24 112158.png
    64 KB · Views: 9

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Looks like there's been another recent change with the current layout of this forum.

I'm really not liking having the Members online, Latest posts, and Upcoming events banners on the right side of the page when I open every thread now. :thumbd:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Looks like there's been another recent change with the current look of this forum.

I'm really not liking having the Members online, Latest posts, and Upcoming events banners on the right side of the page when I open every thread now. :thumbd:

3 vertical dots below the alert bell.

Reactions: sheed36

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
It's so good that I stopped posting entirely since the switch. These days I just login and stare at the design admiring it.

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
Advertisements are back at the top and bottom of the page and there is also a pop up that shows up too often for my liking. Also, the page seems to scroll by itself.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Advertisements are back at the top and bottom of the page and there is also a pop up that shows up too often for my liking. Also, the page seems to scroll by itself.

If you are a sponsor, you can change the look of the forum by going to settings and changing it to one with NO ADS.

And yes, it does scroll by itself because it's a 'live' feature, meaning that all replies while you are typing will show up as posted instead of waiting until after you have submitted your reply. This is a feature I believe you can disable if you wish.

Reactions: BozoTheClown

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
If you are a sponsor, you can change the look of the forum by going to settings and changing it to one with NO ADS.

And yes, it does scroll by itself because it's a 'live' feature, meaning that all replies while you are typing will show up as posted instead of waiting until after you have submitted your reply. This is a feature I believe you can disable if you wish.
Thank you!
I will look into it.

Reactions: Eco

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
The design of the type letter make this board look like we are ladies talking to each other with flowers, tea cakes and tea.
Looks like it's impossible to look like a dark side human writing on this board or look scary. It won't work, this type is designed too round in his curves.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I still think the replied to text is too similar to the new post. It's hard to tell where one ends and the other starts. Changing the box tone or making he typeface different would really help.

I like the border option, if you hover over Miley, you'll see what I mean.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad