McGinn-Mitchell-Talbot
McLeod-Cliche-Bordeleau

PP1:

McGinn-Duchene-PAP
Benoit-O'Reilly

PP2:
Landeskog-Stastny-MacKinnon
EJ-Hejda

Or move PAP to Hejda's spot, and Mitchell gets some ice time. This is where Barrie would come in handy.

So the second PP is just our second line out there haha. Either way that's a dangerous PP unit. Throw Barrie where Hejda is and that's real scary.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I like your lines, I'd probably just switch Mitchell and Malone. Only because I would wanna see if Malone can play with some better guys. It's hard to make an impression for a young prospect when you come up and play with the enforcers on the fourth line. Not much chance to succeed.

He has got to earn that time though. At this exact moment, I wouldn't say that Malone is a better player than Mitchell. Malone hasn't proven anything in the NHL and Mitchell has proven that he can play at least on a 3rd line for stretches at a time. Hell, if he knew how to pass the puck, he would actually be a pretty good 3rd line center.

In other words, I really don't see any reason that Malone should be ahead of Mitchell on the depth chart. If Malone played with McLeod and Cliche, he wouldn't be just playing with enforcers. McLeod is more than that at this point and Cliche is a decent 4th line player that can play good defense. Even Bordy isn't just a pure enforcer, he plays decent hockey for a 4th liner (he is also a corsi demigod).

AvsfanJack

Jun 30, 2013
Windsor
He has got to earn that time though. At this exact moment, I wouldn't say that Malone is a better player than Mitchell. Malone hasn't proven anything in the NHL and Mitchell has proven that he can play at least on a 3rd line for stretches at a time. Hell, if he knew how to pass the puck, he would actually be a pretty good 3rd line center.

In other words, I really don't see any reason that Malone should be ahead of Mitchell on the depth chart. If Malone played with McLeod and Cliche, he wouldn't be just playing with enforcers. McLeod is more than that at this point and Cliche is a decent 4th line player that can play good defense. Even Bordy isn't just a pure enforcer, he plays decent hockey for a 4th liner (he is also a corsi demigod).

Bordeleau: 13GP 1G 1A
McLeod: 8GP 1A
Cliche: 7GP 2A

I agree that Bordy and McLeod aren't your typical enforcers. But they won't be helping out a young kid prove himself either. We already know Mitchell is a puck hog, how do we figure out what Malone can do if he's with a couple guys with little to no offensive ability? Mitchell is a UFA after this season, I think it's more important to see how Malone does, even if we hurt Mitchells feelings a little.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Has there been any reports on the severity of tangs injury? I dont know why but the idea of signing Duke for one more hurrah doesnt bother me as much with Patrick as coach. Having said that I think someone on LEM ...Brad Malone has earned his shot.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Imo...Give Mack a chance with Landy and Staz. Playing with grinders aside from McGinn isn't helping his playstyle.

Plus, looking forward... the staples of our line up would probably be
Ror - Duchene - PAP
Landy - Mack - ?/Staz?

I dont think that its going to be realistic to try for 3 scoring lines. Talbot and McGinn can be 3rd liners and I would argue that we just need to find another grinder to join them on the wing that is defensively responsible with some scoring upside to make that a really quality third line.

This is all if Tangs injury is serious and thinking about when he retires.

In a few years I have no problem with this lineup

Ror - Duchene - PAP
Landy - Mack - Staz?
McGinn - Talbot - ?
Highlander - Mitchell? - McLeod

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Bordeleau: 13GP 1G 1A
McLeod: 8GP 1A
Cliche: 7GP 2A

I agree that Bordy and McLeod aren't your typical enforcers. But they won't be helping out a young kid prove himself either. We already know Mitchell is a puck hog, how do we figure out what Malone can do if he's with a couple guys with little to no offensive ability? Mitchell is a UFA after this season, I think it's more important to see how Malone does, even if we hurt Mitchells feelings a little.

Malone's near future is as a defensively solid 4th line player. He won't be slotted into a 3rd line role until he can at least prove he can be a 4th liner. Such is the life for a grinder. So let him prove himself in that role before trying to rely on him even a bit offensively. In other words, Malone needs to prove himself defensively and on the faceoff dot before getting an expanded role. If he comes in and looks great, he could always be moved up a line.

As for the scoring point with McLeod, he scored 8 goals in 48 games last season... the first season he didn't have to be THE enforcer on the team. Granted those numbers are a bit inflated, but he can be a 8-10g player over a full season.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
In a few years I have no problem with this lineup

Ror - Duchene - PAP
Landy - Mack - Staz?
McGinn - Talbot - ?
Highlander - Mitchell? - McLeod

There will be hell to pay if John Mitchell is on the Colorado Avalanche in "a few years."

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
There will be hell to pay if John Mitchell is on the Colorado Avalanche in "a few years."

I would be right with you with my pitchfork and torch!

I expect Malone to take over the #4C role next year for Mitchell. Then depending on Stastny and MacK, either one of those two or Talbot will be the #3C.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If McG and both tanguay are gone I want to see:
ROR - Dutchy - PAP
Landy - Staz - MacK
Cliche - Mitchell - Talbot
Bordy - Malone - McCleod

If McG is back but Tanguay is gone I would go with:
ROR - Dutchy - PAP
Landy - Staz - Mitchell
McG - MacK - Talbot

LTC Pain

Jul 1, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
If McG and both tanguay are gone I want to see:
ROR - Dutchy - PAP
Landy - Staz - MacK
Cliche - Mitchell - Talbot
Bordy - Malone - McCleod

If McG is back but Tanguay is gone I would go with:
ROR - Dutchy - PAP
Landy - Staz - Mitchell
McG - MacK - Talbot

This! And the 4th line will be McLeod - Cliche - Bordy

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Ginner's good to go. He's practiced at full tempo since Friday, but there were a few reasons for no change yet; give him the extra days, McLeod was returning, and Cliche has been playing really damn well. With Tangs out, it's even easier to slot him back in for Wednesday night.

MvpKinnon

Jul 23, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
Ginner's good to go. He's practiced at full tempo since Friday, but there were a few reasons for no change yet; give him the extra days, McLeod was returning, and Cliche has been playing really damn well. With Tangs out, it's even easier to slot him back in for Wednesday night.

Thanks for the insight!

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.

Awesome, thanks tps

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes