Speculation: What do we do if we lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
if we lose I'll take a week or so hiatus from hockey just like i do when bears/bulls(except this season) lose in playoffs.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
- Q needs to be fired ,, Kitchen/Kompon need to be fired and Q has no say in who his assistants are

- Core needs a shakeup

- Bolland needs to go away

- Team needs to actually get a #2 C ,, No more over the hill pathetic jokes at #2C in playoffs (or put Sharp back in spot)

Last edited:

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
really need to let some of the young guns claim some roles....

bolland, stahlberg, bickell, handzous, roszival need to be replaced by a few of j hayes, pirri, morin, danault, beach, mcneill, leblanc, teraveinen, olson, clendening etc....stop with this madden, morrison, handzeus stuff......just promote some kids...

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
As I thought, Game 4 went much the same way as game 3.

Toews was again shutdown and completely frustrated.

Wings in 6.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I would worry about getting AV as his replacement :laugh:

seriously, who would replace him?

Q can't beat the great coaches like Tippett or Babcock. Those are the best of the best and he can't beat.

Hawks82

Dec 4, 2011
I would worry about getting AV as his replacement :laugh:

seriously, who would replace him?

Q can't beat the great coaches like Tippett or Babcock. Those are the best of the best and he can't beat.

Lindy Ruff is out there.

CS85

Tell 'em, Mean Gene!
Jun 27, 2011
Champaign, IL
www.bearsfansonline.com
I don't feel like Keith has been the same player since the shot to the face. His offensive output has been absolutely abysmal, and the main reason for it is his lack of confidence with the puck. Keith will either take a half-hearted "Here goes nothin" shot from the point or else dish it off to somebody else. Keith of Olde was far more dynamic and more willing to play the puck on the net with aggression. Leddy's been doing that a ton and his reward has been...

...reduced minutes. Brilliant.

Seabrook's similarly fallen to pieces ever since Raffi Torres assassinated him in 2011. He's physical, but stupidly so, and his equal offensive hesitation is akin to Keith's impotence. Seabs' play got him benched towards the end of the season, and rightfully so.

Are either of these guys the problem? No, but they're both eating up $5.8-ish million/yr for the next few years (in Keith's case until ****ING 2023, HOLY ****). If I'm Bowman I look to move Seabrook while he has any value whatsoever. Use his cap space to improve the forwards and pay Nick Leddy. At the rate we're going, Keith's going to become a crappier version of Brian Campbell.

Dave Bolland can go. He's a regular season ghost who's sole purpose is to revitalize playoff rosters, and it's pretty evident that the magic's gone (that and he's been injured like clockwork).

If Bowman can dump Bolland and Seabrook, this leaves the door open to retain Bickell and Leddy while simultaneously opening up cap space to invest in a center.

As far as Toews goes, he's the captain and this is hopefully going to be a learning experience for him. I know he's capable of more, and this series alone shouldn't be enough to take that C patch away. There's still too much talent in Toews, Kane, Hossa, and Saad to think they couldn't work wonders with a supporting cast.

Q can go. This constant line-shuffling is a really sad and ineffective method to patching the holes in a sinking ship, not to mention benching skilled players in favor of putting jackasses like Carcillo out there in crucial playoff games. Whatever Q was going to do as head coach of the Blackhawks, he's done it already.

TL;DR: Fire Q, dump Seabrook and Bolland (and Keith if possible, but unlikely), use cap space to re-sign Bickell/Leddy & sign size/strength to fill out bottom 6.

Sir Psycho T

More Cowbell!
Oct 1, 2008
Redwood City, CA
I don't feel like Keith has been the same player since the shot to the face. His offensive output has been absolutely abysmal, and the main reason for it is his lack of confidence with the puck. Keith will either take a half-hearted "Here goes nothin" shot from the point or else dish it off to somebody else. Keith of Olde was far more dynamic and more willing to play the puck on the net with aggression. Leddy's been doing that a ton and his reward has been...

...reduced minutes. Brilliant.

Seabrook's similarly fallen to pieces ever since Raffi Torres assassinated him in 2011. He's physical, but stupidly so, and his equal offensive hesitation is akin to Keith's impotence. Seabs' play got him benched towards the end of the season, and rightfully so.

Are either of these guys the problem? No, but they're both eating up $5.8-ish million/yr for the next few years (in Keith's case until ****ING 2023, HOLY ****). If I'm Bowman I look to move Seabrook while he has any value whatsoever. Use his cap space to improve the forwards and pay Nick Leddy. At the rate we're going, Keith's going to become a crappier version of Brian Campbell.

Dave Bolland can go. He's a regular season ghost who's sole purpose is to revitalize playoff rosters, and it's pretty evident that the magic's gone (that and he's been injured like clockwork).

If Bowman can dump Bolland and Seabrook, this leaves the door open to retain Bickell and Leddy while simultaneously opening up cap space to invest in a center.

As far as Toews goes, he's the captain and this is hopefully going to be a learning experience for him. I know he's capable of more, and this series alone shouldn't be enough to take that C patch away. There's still too much talent in Toews, Kane, Hossa, and Saad to think they couldn't work wonders with a supporting cast.

Q can go. This constant line-shuffling is a really sad and ineffective method to patching the holes in a sinking ship, not to mention benching skilled players in favor of putting jackasses like Carcillo out there in crucial playoff games. Whatever Q was going to do as head coach of the Blackhawks, he's done it already.

TL;DR: Fire Q, dump Seabrook and Bolland (and Keith if possible, but unlikely), use cap space to re-sign Bickell/Leddy & sign size/strength to fill out bottom 6.

Take the top pairing off the team after finishing first in GA and top 5 in PK, I'm sure this team will be much better without Keith on it. :shakehead

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I agree with launching Q at this point but I don't want Bowman picking the new guy. Clean house, the whole front office and coaching staff. What a disaster, nobody should survive this.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
I think Bolland needs to go but they are going to have a tough time moving him. With his garbage play this season, his salary and the coming cap crunch around the league the Hawks are going to have a difficult time finding a trade partner.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I think Bolland needs to go but they are going to have a tough time moving him. With his garbage play this season, his salary and the coming cap crunch around the league the Hawks are going to have a difficult time finding a trade partner.

Probably could but it would likely be something like a 2nd rounder or a failed prospect like MPS, something like that.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
coldsteel... Bowman won't get fired and we won't clean house. Please do all of us a favor and don't open the next Fire Bowman thread

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
coldsteel... Bowman won't get fired and we won't clean house. Please do all of us a favor and don't open the next Fire Bowman thread

So you think they will bring back everyone? I agree. They probably will. Doesn't make it right though. Same team, same ****** ass results.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
The roster has potential to beat every team in a 7 game series, but they don't show up every game and can't capitalize on their chances.

If we lose, Stan will do the same as every year. Will look for 1-2 UFAs for depth and Q will get fired. Stan just waits to do it. Will be tough job to sell it the fans but it needs to happen.
Nothing wrong with this and if Q isn't fired, he is on the hot seat for sure.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Coaches out there to replace Q?

I don't like the idea of adding Ruff. I don't really like what he did with BUF most of the time and after being on 1 team that long time it would be better to give him more time off

Barry Smith? Doubtful, same with Lewis. Maybe as assistant coach(es) but not as HC

Boucher who was fired by the Bolts?
Sutter who was fired by the Flames and is back with his team in the WHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad