Speculation: What do the TML have to do to get a call?

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
After Mikheyev gets hauled down by Nurse-Sportsnet Broadcaster “looks like Nurse may have gotten away with one....”

Seriously WTF. EDM got 9-2 power plays last game and it was the only reason they were in it. We keep getting jobbed and no of brass is saying anything. This is beyond bad.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
After Mikheyev gets hauled down by Nurse-Sportsnet Broadcaster “looks like Nurse may have gotten away with one....”

Seriously WTF. EDM got 9-2 power plays last game and it was the only reason they were in it. We keep getting jobbed and no of brass is saying anything. This is beyond bad.

That was Louie DeBrusk who is the Oilers regular colour guy so you know they got away with it.

Realistically, they could probably have ownership back channel the league to tell them enough is enough. No one is asking for preferential treatment here, but blatant game management against the league cash cow seems like a funny way of pointlessly angering a large segment of the audience.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
It’s been a trend for years now. It seems like they’re afraid to give us powerplays. Especially in the playoffs at home. With our speed and skill, if it were called accurately we would/should normally have more powerplays then the other team but has only happened 1/10 games so far this season.

Reactions: CincoHolio

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

I was more surprised that Toronto was eventually given a power play in the 3rd period after that non call on Nurse. I thought if that wasn't getting called since it was clear and obvious, what would Edmonton need to do for the refs to give them a penalty?

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

Pat Quinn used to get vocal and it was a bad strategy. It infected the players who all started chirping constantly which pissed the refs off and things only got worse. Pretty much nothing you can do except clean up the legitimate lazy penalties.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
How generous of the refs to put the whistles away yesterday after the 7-3 disparity.

The Leafs are 2-1-1 against the Oilers this year... the Oilers have had 14 powerplays, the Leafs have had 10. When the Leafs hosted the Oilers, the powerplays were relatively even (5 pp's for Oilers, 4 for Leafs). Apparently the Leafs turned into the Bruins in a week because when the Oilers hosted the Leafs their powerplay advantage was 9 pp's for the Oilers vs only 6 for the Leafs.

So both sets, the Oilers drew more powerplays against a team that is much better offensively, defensively, generating puck possession and the Leafs are probably the last team to play a dirty game...

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Play the Habs, you ll get 5 or 6 pp and a 5 on 3.

Maybe get a direct assist from one too.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
We need a catalog thread of calls they ignore against. Lets not call it missed calls. They are not missing them. They are ignoring them. I think they should be disciplined and or fired and we should make the catalog on this board.all in one thread.
Then make it know loudly with a petition and most importantly start putting up snaps of canceled center ice subscriptions etc. Pressure and boycott is the only avenue now and we need to show we are not going to take it maybe.
Unless everyone just likes something to complain about and watching your team get jobbed,cheated every game. :). I’ll start the video proof thread if anyone wants to

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Pathetic cheating refs. I tried to load the call the ref watching 20 feet away let go on Mikheyev. It wouldn’t load

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-31_12-51-25.jpeg
    upload_2021-1-31_12-51-25.jpeg
    38.2 KB · Views: 4

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
We need a catalog thread of calls they ignore against. Lets not call it missed calls. They are not missing them. They are ignoring them. I think they should be disciplined and or fired and we should make the catalog on this board.all in one thread.
Then make it know loudly with a petition and most importantly start putting up snaps of canceled center ice subscriptions etc. Pressure and boycott is the only avenue now and we need to show we are not going to take it maybe.
Unless everyone just likes something to complain about and watching your team get jobbed,cheated every game. :). I’ll start the video proof thread if anyone wants to

Only problem Centre Ice doesn't offer refunds.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
15+ year Center Ice / GameCenter subscriber here....

.... until this season.
I’m going after the refs. I put up a thread for video proof of them ignoring calls. I just know Leafers will be more than helpful dropping video in to the thread.
I had it. I want their jobs or minimum demotions. F*** them i can do anything

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
15+ year Center Ice / GameCenter subscriber here....

.... until this season.

Ya 20 plus years for me, with no refund for last year, and no discounting this year, I decided they are not getting my money this year.

Reactions: Marshy

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Next time Mirtle and Siegel do a Leafs Q&A on the Athletic I'll ask if they can tell management about the growing concern among the fanbase regarding the poor officiating resulting in the disproportionate amount of egregious and non-calls affecting the Leafs. I'll include a link to any survey and thread evidence.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Next time Mirtle and Siegel do a Leafs Q&A on the Athletic I'll ask if they can tell management about the growing concern among the fanbase regarding the poor officiating resulting in the disproportionate amount of egregious and non-calls affecting the Leafs. I'll include a link to any survey and thread evidence.
Awesome , i have a thread up looking for video evidence of bad calls against us and non calls against us

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
I feel like Matthews agent speaking up hurt us.
It shouldn’t be that way but it is what it is.

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Reactions: banks

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Play the Habs, you ll get 5 or 6 pp and a 5 on 3.

Maybe get a direct assist from one too.

Are you seriously still whining? Not our fault your dman cleared the puck directly into an official...like the guy wasn’t along the boards he was actually in position and your dman hit him lol...completely different than the calls and non calls we are seeing against the western teams

Reactions: The Spring Samauri

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad