What country is going to win the WJC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rand

Oct 17, 2002
askme
USA.

Though I'll be cheering for Sweden (and I'm Canadian).

I'll definitely be cheering for all Leaf prospects, and a handful of others I'm particularly fond of regardless of whom they play for though.

Hockeycanada*

I predict Canada, Russia, and US will win medals. Which medals they win I do not know, although I will be cheering for Canada as usual.

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
The U.S. is a strong bet, as much as it pains me to say it. I'll be cheering my butt off for Canada, watching all the games on tsn but I don't know. The team isn't overly strong and as "big head" mackenzie has been saying, goaltending is going to be huge.

I just don't have the confidence in any of these goalies to pull out a game over the Russians, Americans or Czechs.

Watch the Czechs----with Schwarz in goal they could easily take a run. Their forwards are somewhat underrated imo. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
I truly believe Canada will win the tournament.. They have a solid defensive core, and look for Latendresse to really light it up...

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
I voted for Canada before I read the no homerism! U.S. should be close as should Russia if Malkin plays OK. (If he plays well...?)

Zetterberg4Captain*

Rand said:
USA.

Though I'll be cheering for Sweden (and I'm Canadian).

I'll definitely be cheering for all Leaf prospects, and a handful of others I'm particularly fond of regardless of whom they play for though.

IGNORED. I seriously believe Canada has a pretty good chance to repeat and I think they will.

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
My heart says Canada, but my head says US.
I think Sutter left too much talent on the table and stocked our team with too many muckers. I think his goaltending choices are questionable, too.
I hope I'm wrong.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I don't see the U.S. as the clear cut favorites really. Canada, US and Russia could all take the gold. Should be a fun 2 weeks.

Vic Rattlehead*

I think the Czechs will win. They have a strong 1-2 punch in net (Schwarz and Pavelec), with a very good offence that includes Frolik, Hanzal, and Krejci.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I picked the U.S. (and since I already have the homer label, SUCK IT! :p: ). As long as Schneider holds down the fort the U.S. will be good to go. Top notch offense, defense, and coaching. This is a better team than the one that won gold a couple of years ago.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Canada....although the US looks like the favorites going in, we're playing at home and will have the 6th man behind us...plus, I think we got the best junior coach

however, here's hoping Schremp and Chorney impress on team USA!

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I think the US will win. Russia, Canada and Czech Republic have a chance as well. Finland will be in tough to get the gold. They have a good team but they have to beat both Canada and the US to finish first in their pool which will be hard for them to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad