Music: What concerts have you been to/are you going to this year?

mongolman

Nov 12, 2007
Indianapolis
Nothing booked yet, typically easier for me to wait until I know for sure I can go.

May 11: Me First and the Gimme Gimmes - I'm a sucker for rock covers of pop songs.

May 20/21: U2 - I'd like to watch U2, but the show might be pricier than I'd like plus it's in Pasadena.

June 20: Babymetal / Korn - Probably unlikely at this point, mid-week concert is always a bummer and I dislike the venue.

August 6: Metallica - Probably dependent on the price.

August 11: Jimmy Eat World / Incubus - Same venue as the Korn show, but at least this show is on a Friday. I'm gonna miss Jimmy Eat World in Vegas by a couple nights in April unfortunately.

September 16: Green Day
or
September 15-17: Muse, RHCP, Live, Weezer, Ice Cube, Garbage

September 16th is my birthday, so I thought it'd be fun to splurge and get good seats for Green Day (favorite band growing up) in Pasadena. But there's also a weekend festival in San Diego that weekend which had typically had a lackluster lineup. But this year there's a few acts I'd like to see. They haven't announced the daily breakdown yet, so maybe I could do both.

-----

I was hopeful that the Smashing Pumpkins would get the original lineup together and do a tour focusing on their early albums.

I'm going to the same show in Indy. I've been a fan of Jimmy Eat World since the late 90s, but I had never seen them until a few months ago when they came through Indy. They put on an amazing show. It was so good.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
I have my tickets to that and can't wait. It should soumd great at the Forum. His best of Pink Floyd show at Desert Trip was easily the best concert I've been to. And I've been to quite a few.

Also have tix on deck for Dead & Co, U2, Jamey Johnson, and Lady Antebellum.

I saw his performance of The Wall at the LA Coliseum in 2012. Got there a bit late but was still one of my favorite shows ever. I've been to many as well; mostly metal bands.

BTW, is he really playing at The Forum? Ticketmaster shows him doing two shows at Staples Center.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
In the last few months I saw Gord Downie, Gordon Lightfoot once each, Tom Cochrane twice, once at Massey and once in Oshawa, and Kasador a few times.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
I saw his performance of The Wall at the LA Coliseum in 2012. Got there a bit late but was still one of my favorite shows ever. I've been to many as well; mostly metal bands.

BTW, is he really playing at The Forum? Ticketmaster shows him doing two shows at Staples Center.

You're right - it is Staples. I must have spaced.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Guns N Roses next month in Detroit

Thought about seeing them in Columbus but I may be out of town.

I am taking a trip to Europe next year with my niece and nephew and I bought tickets to the Saturday show in London

american-express-presents-bst-hyde-park-2022-pearl-jam_03-30-21_27_60633f58b422b.jpg

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Bought tickets to 2 different shows pre covid and they got updated with new dates that are back to back lol. Here is my concert schedule of the year so far...

Nightwish - Oct 1st
In This Moment w/ Black Veil Brides - Oct 2nd
System of a Down/Korn/Faith No More - Oct 22nd

October is going to be a busy month for me lol

Reactions: Pranzo Oltranzista

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
We Were Promised Jetpacks at the QMU in December. It's probably somewhat optimistic that the tickets for this have actually been printed and sent out but I suppose we'll see what happens when the time comes.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Good choice!

Pearl Jam always put on a good show and seem to always have a different set list but based on your username you already know that lol

Since this is going to be a once-in-a-lifetime trip for the 3 of us, I went with the upgraded Fan Club tickets. I figure if you are going to be in Europe, the difference between $110 and $200 per ticket is worth it. As is the access to seating areas, I'm too old to do a Festival for 12 hours now. :)

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Since this is going to be a once-in-a-lifetime trip for the 3 of us, I went with the upgraded Fan Club tickets. I figure if you are going to be in Europe, the difference between $110 and $200 per ticket is worth it. As is the access to seating areas, I'm too old to do a Festival for 12 hours now. :)

Haha yes, I know what you mean! My uncle is trying to get me to go to the louder than life festival but it’s like 600$ but you get your own tent with food and a bar but I’m stretched as it is and can barely afford rent right now

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Currently have tickets for Black Label Society, Deicide/Kataklysm, and planning on a few other metal shows.

I'll be there too.

Nice!

did you originally have tickets or did you but them when they went on sale again?

Ive never been to a stadium show so this will be interesting

CoyoteUgly

Feb 11, 2004
Ehhh do the dates matter?

Most of these are within a 2 week period

Guns n Roses (Denver)
REO Speedwagon (Boise)
Sammy Hagar (Boise)
ZZ Top (Denver)
Black Crowes (Denver)

October
Geoff Tate (Denver)
Eric Church (Denver)
Eric Church (Arizona)

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Nice!

did you originally have tickets or did you but them when they went on sale again?

Ive never been to a stadium show so this will be interesting

I had tickets from the original date, which I think was 2019 wasn't it? We have seats but I usually get GA tickets and end up near/at the stage gate. I'm going to GNR with my wife though, so seats it is :)

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Saw In This Moment and Black Veil Brides this past weekend. Pretty good. I had never seen these bands live before and didn't know what to expect. First thing I noticed was a lot of teen girls. Once BVB came on stage I knew why. They were all there to see them and went nuts when they showed up lol. They put on a great show.

INM were great but I just wish they played more songs. Maria has a wardrobe change after every freaking song which cuts into the time. Nonetheless, they were great.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Saw Green Day / Weezer / Fall Out Boy in July. There's a novelty Transformers cosplay band that I want to see in a couple weeks but I might have a beer league hockey conflict. Jimmy Eat World is in town soon as well, but weeknight concerts are a bit rough.

Bought Rage Against the Machine tickets for Madison Square Garden right before the pandemic, the show's been rescheduled twice so now I have to plan a trip for August 2022.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad