Music: What concerts have you been to/are you going to this year?

Pharrell Williams

watch me whip and nae nae
Sep 15, 2013
a particular place or position.
1/16 - Run the Jewels, The Gaslamp Killer, Gangsta Boo, Nick Hook, Cuz - Columbus, Ohio

3/22 - Vince Staples, Kilo Kish - Columbus, Ohio

4/14 - Kishi Bashi, Tall Tall Trees - Cincinnati, Ohio

6/9 - milo, Future Islands - Indianapolis, Indiana

7/30 - Animal Collective - Covington, Kentucky*

* = don't have tickets yet.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Feb 1 - Alter Bridge
Mar 23 - The World is a Beautiful Place and I Am No Longer Afraid to Die
Apr 23 - Explosions in the Sky
May 24 - Chance the Rapper
Jun 11 - Rise Against, Deftones
Jun 21 - Alexisonfire
Jul 18 - Muse, 30 Seconds to Mars
Jul 22 - Incubus, Jimmy Eat World
Jul 25 - Stone Sour

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Nothing booked yet, typically easier for me to wait until I know for sure I can go.

May 11: Me First and the Gimme Gimmes - I'm a sucker for rock covers of pop songs.

May 20/21: U2 - I'd like to watch U2, but the show might be pricier than I'd like plus it's in Pasadena.

June 20: Babymetal / Korn - Probably unlikely at this point, mid-week concert is always a bummer and I dislike the venue.

August 6: Metallica - Probably dependent on the price.

August 11: Jimmy Eat World / Incubus - Same venue as the Korn show, but at least this show is on a Friday. I'm gonna miss Jimmy Eat World in Vegas by a couple nights in April unfortunately.

September 16: Green Day
or
September 15-17: Muse, RHCP, Live, Weezer, Ice Cube, Garbage

September 16th is my birthday, so I thought it'd be fun to splurge and get good seats for Green Day (favorite band growing up) in Pasadena. But there's also a weekend festival in San Diego that weekend which had typically had a lackluster lineup. But this year there's a few acts I'd like to see. They haven't announced the daily breakdown yet, so maybe I could do both.

-----

I was hopeful that the Smashing Pumpkins would get the original lineup together and do a tour focusing on their early albums.

nudie

Feb 26, 2010
January - Flaming Lips @ Stockholm
February - The xx @ Stockholm
May - The Cardigans @ Stockholm
June - The 1975 @ Stockholm
June - Radiohead @ Stockholm
June - Glastonbury Festival @ Somerset UK. Headliners Radiohead, Foo Fighters, Ed Sheeran
August - Way out west Festival @ Gothenburg. Headliners Major Lazer, Chance the rapper, Frank Ocean
September - Popaganda Festival @ Stockholm. Headliners Alt-j, Two Doors Cinema Club
September - The Hives @ Stockholm

+ Several swedish bands/artists

Pretty happy so far, probably a few more gigs too.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Okilly Dokilly (Ned Flanders-themed metal) / Metalachi (mariachi metal/rock covers) / Mac Sabbath (fast food-themed Black Sabbath parody band)

Coming up:

Killswitch Engage / Anthrax
Metallica
Primus / Clutch
Warped Tour (for the first time ever, thanks to the metal lean this year)

...and the rest I'm sure to go to haven't been announced yet.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Okilly Dokilly (Ned Flanders-themed metal) / Metalachi (mariachi metal/rock covers) / Mac Sabbath (fast food-themed Black Sabbath parody band)

Coming up:

Killswitch Engage / Anthrax
Metallica
Primus / Clutch
Warped Tour (for the first time ever, thanks to the metal lean this year)

...and the rest I'm sure to go to haven't been announced yet.

I saw a poster for this at the last show I was at - sounds awesome. :laugh:

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I saw a poster for this at the last show I was at - sounds awesome. :laugh:

Indeed!

I saw Mac Sabbath last year as well, the same night as Black Sabbath. Just happened that they were both in town, and the club had free admission to Mac for those who were at Black. What a night!

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I only went to one concert so far this year, it was Maroon 5 with my girlfriend... yikes... :help:

There's a show in late April in Maryland that's

Skynyrd
Charlie Daniels Band
The Outlaws
Molly Hatchet
Blackfoot
a few others I can't remember.

I really wanna go so I'll have to see if I can make travel arrangements / find some other hillbilly types to go with me

Also might check out Roger Waters, Boston, Kansas, etc if they come close enough.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I've seen..

Jimmy Page and the Black Crows
Aerosmith and Motley Cru
Tenacious D
Blink 182(sucked)
Foo Fighters
Linkin Park(sucked)
Metallica
Weird Al

Not sure what I'll see next.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
Don't go to concerts as much as I used to, but I may consider a Roger Waters show in LA this June.

I have my tickets to that and can't wait. It should soumd great at the Forum. His best of Pink Floyd show at Desert Trip was easily the best concert I've been to. And I've been to quite a few.

Also have tix on deck for Dead & Co, U2, Jamey Johnson, and Lady Antebellum.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Saw Devil Wears Prada, Killswitch Engage, and Anthrax last night.

First time seeing KSE who is in my top 3 in bands and holy **** did they put on a show.

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
Saw Truckfigters last week, and plan on checking out Descendants, Tool, and Roger Waters when they're in town. Might go see Katatonia or Tiger Army depending on how I feel at the time.

NYRPat21

Jan 1, 2010
Ridge, New York
Saw a couple of local sows in January, saw Frank Turner at the Beacon in February for the 7th or 8th time. Arkells opened and were fantastic. Got onstage with the Dropkick Murphys in March, and I'm seeing them again with Rancid and the Bouncing Souls in August. Potentially seeing Flogging Molly and May. And seeing Skinny Lister tomorrow. Lotta folkish or Celtic punk for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad