NCAA: What colleges are you a fan of and why?

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Michigan Tech - alum, we're pretty good for Div II

Hillsdale - dad went there, also in the same conference as Tech, closest I can have to a family football rivalry.

Central Michigan - Mt. Pleasant is my hometown, so always have to root for the home team.

Michigan St. - some cousins went there, and I was born north of metro Detroit, and thought about going to State, but the U.P. was my calling.

Ohio St. - I hate Michigan, only school I hate more than Michigan, is ND. Disappointingly, most of my cousins from Ohio are Michigan fans.

Fresno St. - lived in Clovis for 6 years. and took a chemistry class there too

Montana - and now that I live in Missoula, and usually go to tailgates/games during the season, so yeah. Wore a Montana St. sweatshirt at work once, just to watch the world burn though.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Illinois, because I worked in Urbana-Champaign for 2 years.

Michigan, because I grew up in Windsor, ON. which is pretty close in proximity.

BluesOne31

We going insane
Dec 31, 2011
Indiana University grad so they're #1 even though I may not see a bowl win in my lifetime.

Before that it was Mizzou since I've lived in STL my whole life. Parents are season ticket holders. Watching IU go into Columbia 2 years ago and win was fun.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Indiana University grad so they're #1 even though I may not see a bowl win in my lifetime.

Before that it was Mizzou since I've lived in STL my whole life. Parents are season ticket holders. Watching IU go into Columbia 2 years ago and win was fun.

I went to look up the last time this happened and was quite surprised to learn that it was 1991.

I remember Indiana had a home and home series w/ NC State about 15 years ago, and I believe the QB for Indiana was Antwan Randle-El, and I thought to myself "Damn this guy is pretty good". I still remember that pass he threw to Hines Ward in Super Bowl 40, that was pretty cool.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I still fondly remember the year that PSU and OSU were both on Bowl Bans. We were literally like one week of chaos away from the Rose Bowl being Oregon State and Indiana :laugh:

BluesOne31

We going insane
Dec 31, 2011
I went to look up the last time this happened and was quite surprised to learn that it was 1991.

I remember Indiana had a home and home series w/ NC State about 15 years ago, and I believe the QB for Indiana was Antwan Randle-El, and I thought to myself "Damn this guy is pretty good". I still remember that pass he threw to Hines Ward in Super Bowl 40, that was pretty cool.

I was born in 92 so it hasn't happened. Last year against Duke was heartbreaking. Same old same old way the game ended too.

I still fondly remember the year that PSU and OSU were both on Bowl Bans. We were literally like one week of chaos away from the Rose Bowl being Oregon State and Indiana :laugh:

Haha yes 2-3 going into a home game against Wisconsin. Rose Bowl signs around the stadium and then proceed to get run over by Montee Ball and then rest of the Wisconsin offense.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I turned on an Auburn game when I was 7 (this one). And I was like 'hey, their name sounds like my name.' And there is the lamest reason to ever become a fan of a college team (although its stuck ever since).

I strongly regret not going to school in the US to have a more, uh, real school to cheer for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad