Speculation: What can you team offer for Patrik Laine? (Mod warning OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
Jets ned a top D man or 2C, What do you think your team could offer for the services of Patrik Laine, asuming your GM has a handshake deal for a long term extension.

Mod Warning - Trolling, flaming, thread derailing are going to get people removed from this thread and/or infraction. I’m trying hard to leave the thread open, but some posters are getting carried away and ruining the thread. You’ve been warned.

Last edited by a moderator:

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Max Domi
16th overall pick
2nd round pick
1 of Victor Mete, Cale Fleury, or Josh Brook

The Habs have tons of picks and Patrick Laine is pretty much everything this team needs.

Of course, I would only give that up once an 8 year deal has been agreed upon...

Remove Fleury from the last piece and let them choose between Mete and Brook.

Laine on KK's wing.....yes please

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Dumoulin
Rust
15OA

Not that enticing I know but it’s the Pens best offer given the pieces asked for. We don’t have a 2C (to spare) and assuming Letang isn’t the centerpiece given his age.

Dumoulin is a legit #2 d-man though. Rust as a replacement winger. 15OA to close the value gap.

Jets are better off keeping him or trading him 1 for 1 for another elite, young player. Not for a bunch of pieces like this or the other Montreal offer in the thread.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Max Domi
16th overall pick
2nd round pick

The Habs have tons of picks and Patrick Laine is pretty much everything this team needs.

Of course, I would only give that up once an 8 year deal has been agreed upon...
This sounds like a fair trade, and Laine might need a change of scenery to get back his “mojo”.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Max Domi
16th overall pick
2nd round pick

As has been discussed many times before. Nothing in that offer even begins a conversation for Laine or any one of the Jets top 5.

Last edited:

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
With both Connor and Ehlers signed long term on team friendly deals, IMHO Patrik is the odd man out. With the cap staying flat for the next 2-3 years the Jets could move him this fall to fill holes in their lineup. Previously teams like Ottwawa, New Jersey and Philadelphia have been rumoured to be involved but I agree Montreal would be a great fit, but not sure the Jets would take Domi+Mete. Jets need a big steady defencemen to complement their small puck moving defenders like Morrisey, Pionk and Heinola. Regarding the 4th pick overall on the other hand..

Reactions: hn777

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
With both Connor and Ehlers signed long term on team friendly deals, IMHO Patrik is the odd man out. With the cap staying flat for the next 2-3 years the Jets could move him this fall to fill holes in their lineup. Previously teams like Ottwawa, New Jersey and Philadelphia have been rumoured to be involved but I agree Montreal would be a great fit, but not sure the Jets would take Domi+Mete. Jets need a big steady defencemen to complement their small puck moving defenders like Morrisey, Pionk and Heinola. Regarding the 4th pick overall on the other hand..

Canadiens lack the D-man we would be intressted in. And honestly, Domi is a fine player, but to much risk, he can just walk away Trouba style.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Max Domi
16th overall pick
2nd round pick

Well, we only agree if you give us something useful and not a collection of random spare parts. If you want quality, you better give up stuff that hurts.
If we want a center, we would want 1 of those 2 you did not include.
If we want D-men well would target guys with higher ups then Mete and Fleury..

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
This sounds like a fair trade, and Laine might need a change of scenery to get back his “mojo”.
Max Domi
16th overall pick
2nd round pick

Yeah, no. That is not fair value for the Jets. It doen't address the 2 C need (Domi is a winger IMO). Doesn't address the need on D. Who is the potential star the Jets are getting back?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Yeah, no. That is not fair value for the Jets. It doen't address the 2 C need (Domi is a winger IMO). Doesn't address the need on D. Who is the potential star the Jets are getting back?
Is Laine worth a ligit 2 C and young star D?
I like Laine, but there aren’t many wingers worth that (imo)

Reactions: milehigh11

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
1 or the other, not both. If it were a 2C then clearly the other team would have to add.
I think that depends on the 2C.
Again, I like Laine. I also think the poster who suggested the Hab’s offer was fair in his assessment.
Domi and Mete and 16OA (imo) would be fair.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Dumba + Staal
Pretty sure Winnipeg will be on Staals NT list. At 35 yrs with 1 year left on his contract his value is very limited to the Jets.

Dumba could be the main piece ( how are his shoulders?) - but a significant add would be needed.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I think that depends on the 2C.
Again, I like Laine. I also think the poster who suggested the Hab’s offer was fair in his assessment.
Domi and Mete and 16OA (imo) would be fair.
Would not consider that as a Jets fan 9 and it is worse than the OP).

Last edited:
Reactions: Ciao

FedorTyutin

Jan 10, 2019
If not Suzuki and Kotkaniemi from MTL, I would offer Romanov, but he has not yet played a game in the NHL. I don't think it's enough, but it's what I think would be the best.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc

I wont get into a fair value debate but Domi's best season by far has been at center for The Habs. Not sure why you would just say he is a winger. IMO he is a perfect 2nd center.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Canadiens lack the D-man we would be intressted in. And honestly, Domi is a fine player, but to much risk, he can just walk away Trouba style.

If I was the Jets or any other team, I would not make the trade for Domi unless there was an extension in place.

For Laine... I would have Domi and our 16th OA pick on the table. Then we can talk other adds. I think the only reason why the Jets would trade Laine is his next contract will be a headache for them in terms of Laine wanting $9M and July Bonus money.

What would other teams offer that the Jets would like over Domi and the 16th? Not sure

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If not Suzuki and Kotkaniemi from MTL, I would offer Romanov, but he has not yet played a game in the NHL. I don't think it's enough, but it's what I think would be the best.

Romanov not getting traded either. Maybe Caufield.

Laine vs Domi. Domi has 2 RFA years left and Laine has one year left then RFA and wants a monster deal I would imagine. Habs add the 16th and then if the Jets are interested... we can talk adds. Adds could be Poehling.

Laine for Domi, 16th OA, and Poehling? Jets get two centers and a very good pick. Jets can be allowed to talk contract with Domi before the deal is official.

Reactions: hn777
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad