What are your pet peeves when going to NHL games or fellow fans

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Yeah. You should meet the fans who actually go to the trouble to log in to a website and complain about everything during games, and sometimes everything in between.

I don't think they exist.

giphy.gif

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
The pizza song and Papa John on the Jumbotron. That guy creeps me out and those kids singing that stupid song grates my nerves.

My buddy's wife's pet peeve is that he and I both text her "I like pizza" when we're at a game and that song comes on.

Seems I have a habit of being other people's pet peeve.

cbjfan4life

Aug 2, 2005
definitely not a fan of the "shoot birds"
glass bangers dumb as hell....but when Ive sat glass, Ive done it too.....so cant throw stones in that house
hate hate hate the pizza song
the chili song feels almost embarrassing
get rid of the karaoke element of the Tom Connors song, or stop showing that fifth line guy who clearly doesn't know the words

start winning and I suddenly dont give a ***** about the rest of that stuff!

Aspie with attitude

May 9, 2013
No kidding! Bunch of high maintenance fans.

I wouldn't call myself a high maintenance fan. I enjoy going to games be it Columbus or Tampa Bay Lightning.
Most of the things I wrote in the OP are not something that gets me Bill O'Reilly angry.
The exception is when I sit next to someone that sees a sporting event as another excuse to get drunk and act stupid especially when you have kids with you.
Big reason why I'd like to see the NHL teams like Columbus and Tampa have "Family Fun Zones" where certain sections would not allow alcohol and profanity.
The Jacksonville Jaguars had that and it was so much more enjoyable. Anyone that curses or tried to bring alcohol to that section was booted out an banned the rest of the season.

Aspie with attitude

May 9, 2013
Football fans who come to their third hockey game and do play-by-play and color analysis through the WHOLE... DAMN... GAME. Worse yet, they mispronounce players names and act like they know everything about hockey.

They probably are better at it than Jeff Rimer.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
1. people that sit behind me and talk about everything EXCEPT hockey. Main culprits are suits that probably got tickets free from work and talk about work the whole time. And wives/girlfriends that talk about their kids the whole time. Nobody cares, watch the game.

2. The beverage services that won't sell doubles anymore. They get around that by pouring 2 drinks, giving me a cup and making me pour it in the glass myself. Which makes no sense since you can buy a 24 ounce beer, which is the exact same amount of alcohol...

3. The chili chant, this actually might be number 1 for me, it's bush league minor hockey league crap, it halts the momentum of the goal celebration

4. our walk out song, someone said they changed it the last home game but I can't remember what they replaced it with

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
1. people that sit behind me and talk about everything EXCEPT hockey. Main culprits are suits that probably got tickets free from work and talk about work the whole time. And wives/girlfriends that talk about their kids the whole time. Nobody cares, watch the game.

2. The beverage services that won't sell doubles anymore. They get around that by pouring 2 drinks, giving me a cup and making me pour it in the glass myself. Which makes no sense since you can buy a 24 ounce beer, which is the exact same amount of alcohol...

3. The chili chant, this actually might be number 1 for me, it's bush league minor hockey league crap, it halts the momentum of the goal celebration

4. our walk out song, someone said they changed it the last home game but I can't remember what they replaced it with

Club seat problems

:shakehead

:sarcasm:

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Club seat problems

:shakehead

:sarcasm:

Perhaps but it's happened in lower bowl too when I used to sit down there.

I want to piggyback on a couple I just read:

Chanting "Michigan still sucks" with a minute to go, or making any reference to OSU. I'm a grad of OSU and die hard fan, but they don't give us a shoutout in the shoe so I like keeping it separate.

The organ players choice of music and always ending the clip of the song with his electric drum thing.

Having politically correct "celebrations" for things that have zero to do with our fan base. They have no Christmas celebrations but they do the jewish mantra thing every year- nothing against jewish people but I'd be shocked if there were more than 5 in the whole crowd. Also applies to Kwanza, gay pride night, etc. Again, nothing against those groups but it feels forced and doesn't apply to 99% of the crowd.

When they had a Pitt guy on the zamboni, played Chelsea Dagger, etc.

Light the Lamp

Apr 21, 2015
1. People who call themselves day 1 season ticket holders. I would love to see the real list because I would carry it around. There has to be 50,000 fans out there saying this....LIES!

- Buying a 6 pack is NOT a season ticket holder.
- Buying 2 seats and sharing them with 10 people does not make all 10 people season ticket holders.

1 person, buying 41 home games is a season ticket holder

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Chanting "Michigan still sucks" with a minute to go, or making any reference to OSU. I'm a grad of OSU and die hard fan, but they don't give us a shoutout in the shoe so I like keeping it separate.

i've never heard "Michigan still sucks"....its always been "Detroit still sucks"

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio

Could the lack of memory cited in #4 somehow be attributed to conduct cited in #2?

No, that would be a CONSPIRACY theory. :naughty: Just having fun CA, share your pains.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I would really love to have that NJD fan who strongly dislikes the Blue Jackets comment on this

Am I the only one who is not really bothered by anything at the arena?

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Having politically correct "celebrations" for things that have zero to do with our fan base. They have no Christmas celebrations but they do the jewish mantra thing every year- nothing against jewish people but I'd be shocked if there were more than 5 in the whole crowd. Also applies to Kwanza, gay pride night, etc. Again, nothing against those groups but it feels forced and doesn't apply to 99% of the crowd.

I dunno, I find it nicely inclusive.
said the transgendered Jew

;)

Inglewood JACKets

Jan 11, 2011
Columbus, OH
I would really love to have that NJD fan who strongly dislikes the Blue Jackets comment on this

Am I the only one who is not really bothered by anything at the arena?

Yeah I'm with you. I don't get bothered by much. I only make it to like 2-5 games a season so that might have something to do with it. I could see how some of the stuff could wear thin.

As for the chilli chant, I don't hate it but, I can see how some would. The argument that it interrupts the goal celebration I don't really see though. If anything I think it extends it. I don't know. To each their own.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

I'm with you.

I'll also add the non stop reverence to cops and military. It's an out of control propaganda campaign that I find very distasteful.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Yeah I'm with you. I don't get bothered by much. I only make it to like 2-5 games a season so that might have something to do with it. I could see how some of the stuff could wear thin.

As for the chilli chant, I don't hate it but, I can see how some would. The argument that it interrupts the goal celebration I don't really see though. If anything I think it extends it. I don't know. To each their own.

I go to 30-35 games out of the year. Only thing that grinds my gears is the beer prices.

One Siberian Night is a few dollars less than a four pack at the local grocery. I'll pay that though because I really like that beer

:cry:

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
1. People who call themselves day 1 season ticket holders. I would love to see the real list because I would carry it around. There has to be 50,000 fans out there saying this....LIES!

- Buying a 6 pack is NOT a season ticket holder.
- Buying 2 seats and sharing them with 10 people does not make all 10 people season ticket holders.

1 person, buying 41 home games is a season ticket holder

lol so true.

Day 1 STH are like all the people who claim to have attended the snow bowl game.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Pet peeves are a pet peeve of mine.

Honestly I don't care what anyone does, just treat each other respectfully no matter who they root for. It's a much more enjoyable experience when it's simply playful banter, not mean spirited crap.

Pittsburgh and Chicago fan could take a lesson here.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Could the lack of memory cited in #4 somehow be attributed to conduct cited in #2?

No, that would be a CONSPIRACY theory. :naughty: Just having fun CA, share your pains.

haha, it actually is, because I was in line when they came out last time because it takes twice as long to pour 3 different cups to make one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad