What are your pet peeves when going to NHL games or fellow fans

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
In summation: nothing is ever good enough for everyone

Nationwide could drop bank bags full of cash and still some would be annoyed that there wasn't more in the bag.

:laugh:

(incidentally, there's more than a few times around here where I've felt very much like Stumpy there in panel 7...)

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
When I think of how insane folks get when tee shirts drop, I can only imagine the riot anything of real value might ignite!

Yes, I'd be annoyed.

Add that to my list of pet peeves, the crowd acting like they are giving cars away. A $2 T-shirt that doesn't even have the Jackets logo on it, that 95% of the adults could not squeeze themselves into on their best day, or a $7 Pizza that most don't even need(myself included) and they are diving over rows, jumping in the air, screaming their heads off and 2 minutes later there is an epic fight and those people are looking down at their phones and couldn't be less excited...

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
1. people that sit behind me and talk about everything EXCEPT hockey. Main culprits are suits that probably got tickets free from work and talk about work the whole time. And wives/girlfriends that talk about their kids the whole time. Nobody cares, watch the game.

2. The beverage services that won't sell doubles anymore. They get around that by pouring 2 drinks, giving me a cup and making me pour it in the glass myself. Which makes no sense since you can buy a 24 ounce beer, which is the exact same amount of alcohol...

3. The chili chant, this actually might be number 1 for me, it's bush league minor hockey league crap, it halts the momentum of the goal celebration

4. our walk out song, someone said they changed it the last home game but I can't remember what they replaced it with

#2 is a BIG peeve of mine. So stupid!

Boomshakalaka

Why do I do this?
May 1, 2014
Columbus
Definitely people who talk about everything but hockey around me, had to sit through a lady s conversation on her phone about a roof install and then her conversation with her friend. Number two and don t get me wrong because I have kids, but annoying kids who ask 5 thousand questions to their parents during a game. 3 opposing teams fans who are from columbus but are fake New York, Chicago etc fans actually that is probably number one, just because you spent you spent 6 minutes in a truck stop toilet in New York is not a defense for being a garbage picker fan when I heckle ya.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
And for the record. StubHub warriors have no financial investment in the team. The person they purchase the tickets from does. And as for those sitting at home posting and lecturing people actually IN the arena to boo, get off their phones, Etc...well, I suggest they boo from home, I guess, and let me do my thing at the arena. Add THAT to my list of things which irritate me.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
The chili song.
The pizza song.
Fans wearing jerseys of teams not participating that night.
Mike Todd.
Our DJ - NEVERMIND, we apparently got a new one.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Fans wearing jerseys of teams not participating that night.

I usually don't mind it but I was at a Canes game once and this group were all wearing Wings jerseys. Canes were not playing the Wings that night. I gave them a hard time while in line until they started getting pissed off, then I did it just a little more because they were wearing Wings jerseys to a game without the Wings and because they were Wings fans. :)

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I can't help but speculate*, if the on ice product was better, there would be a lot less peeves.
Except for the chili song maybe.

* I'd hate to be accused of knowing for sure.

Kington91

Apr 30, 2012
Grandview Heights
1. Machine Head
2. Hostility to visiting fans
3. Visiting fans looking for trouble

RE: #2, #3: It's a pretty penny to go to a pro sports event. Have a good time without ruining it for others, please. I personally sit quietly and try to take as much in as possible, but I don't mind the occasional profanity--even little kids test out their sailor talk when the adults aren't around and I don't think it will hurt them. It's the drunk guys screaming *&** and *#&$&$& on a constant loop while not following the action on the ice that bother me. :shakehead

Unrelated: Some friends and I think Nationwide is haunted. Has this ever been discussed 'round these parts?

Unrelated, Part 2: I'm very concerned about bumblehumping this math exam next week.

Aw I love Machine Head. Nostalgia at its finest.

Inquiring Minds

Jul 12, 2007
Grandview, Ohio
The guy behind me that kept going on and on about how grand and patriotic the Boston Bruins were. Oh wait, that was when when my seats were in front of the press box and that was just Jack Edwards blathering on so loudly I had to listen to everything he said.

Glass bangers

Shoot yellers

Wedding proposers (though there was a guy at a Lake Erie Monsters game who got so nervous that he dropped the ring, and the cheer squad spent the next 10 minutes searching under seats trying to find it, that was at least slightly entertaining)

That guy a couple years ago in an Ohio State shirt declaring saying "Well maybe next year" after the Jackets lost the home opener.

The 2 hour drive for me to and from the arena.

The fact that I have to pay full price for a 3 year old that'll just sit on my lap and fall asleep 5 minutes into the 2nd period.

Good to hear from you Skraut!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad