What are your game day rituals?

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Work too much. Come home just before the end of the second. Put the kids to bed during intermission and fall asleep during the third.

Wake up at midnight, see the Leafs won and the Habs lost. Smile. Fall back asleep.

Reactions: rfournier103

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Pre-determine my scapegoat(s) for the game by examining the pregame lineup. Read social media and vanity blogs to understand the current trending complaints about Babcock and watch the game with those trendy too-cool-for-school thoughts swirling in my own node of the hive mind. Rush to the post game threads to post at least one "gud pro" reference to signal to the hive that the words that follow are not meant to disturb the collective narrative. Watch the likes pour in.

:sarcasm:

I'm crying from laughing so hard.

Pro Tip: Gardiner is a shoe in for Game 1 scapeGOAT.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Argue with wife for tv remote, end up streaming game on laptop...

Hide the remote the night before, and “find it” at game time.

Guarantees your custody of the remote when it matters most and you will be Superman to the wife for finding that pesky remote.

You get to enjoy the game while basking in your wife’s unbridled adulation at your manly hunting skills.....

.... your welcome.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
My ritutuals are usually the same

Weekdays:

- Go to work
- Read GDT during the afternoon to kill time
- Go home and do whatever has to be done around the house / running around
- Spend time with my wife so that she can't say I am ignoring her.. We have an understanding that when the game comes on I am busy so it's only fair I spend 2-3 hours with her before hand.

Weekends:

- Sleep in as late as possible so I can be focused that night
- Do a booze run (although I am trying to quit drinking and focus on my health.. Going to be interesting when watching the games make me crave)
- Read articles and try to do stuff to pass the day until puck drop.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Check to see if it is being televised in my geographic area. If it is do a subtle fist pump and watch.

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
Mine's quite similar to this...... but turn on the tv well before the game starts...and sometime after the game ends. ;)
Which is a nice change from three years ago when the TV would go on after the game started and go off before it finished.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
My first thought was "meat (preferably steak or pork chop), pasta, and a big glass of milk about four hours before puck drop".

Then I read the 'leafs game'. Oh.

Not much. Get some good beer ready, maybe have my friend from Brazil over (he's a huge Leafs fan!), and set the PVR (I like to rewatch it without the sound on, so I can focus on what I see, without the inane commentators).
I save wearing my autographed Bower sweater for the playoffs, or actually going to a game.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
One ritual I have, if we lose don't stick around here, hot and steamy nonsense every time :)

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Not really a ritual but on Saturdays I like to watch outside by the fire and grill meat.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Get to my seat late

Tell the non regulars to stop screaming all the time

Take my time enjoying intermission

Try to figure out Rielly's defensive coverage choices.

Beat traffic home

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
Find the game on Center Ice.

Hope it's the Leaf broadcast I get to listen too. Especially if it's TSN and Ferraro.

420 before puck drop.......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad