What are your game day rituals?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
The year before last when it was close for making the playoffs, I wore my Babsocks a decent amount. I had a 6-0-1 record in the regular season. 2-2 record against Washington with them.

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX
Only started last year but I have an Under Armour Leafs shirt I always wear under my work shirt on game days

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Pre-determine my scapegoat(s) for the game by examining the pregame lineup. Read social media and vanity blogs to understand the current trending complaints about Babcock and watch the game with those trendy too-cool-for-school thoughts swirling in my own node of the hive mind. Rush to the post game threads to post at least one "gud pro" reference to signal to the hive that the words that follow are not meant to disturb the collective narrative. Watch the likes pour in.

:sarcasm:

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
I put the game on grab a glass of chocolate milk, jump on the Hfboards to talk to you beautiful people lol.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
On the day of a Leafs game does anyone have a ritual they always do?

Personally speaking before each game I like to wear Leafs related clothing like the Leafs logo hoodie from the Centennial Classic.

Go to reddit.

;)

Also I have a leafs logo puck from the early 80's. I think my Dad bought it for me. I wipe off the dust and display it in the window sill.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
I had fun with superstitions/rituals when younger.

When I was younger I needed to have a particular light on in the family room, as well as a specific seat that I occupied which was only for me. I would also wear my Gilmour TML t-shirt every game which I'd only wash on off days like a Sunday. Pretty psychotic to say the least, but hey, being a fan is awesome.

Now, I tend to just read articles on the Athletic about the team, and read up on threads here at HFLeafs.

Shitty thing about being an adult with responsibilities lol is your life has to revolve around your job. I'm currently working a job where I won't be home until after 10pm Monday-Friday so I'm pretty much gonna miss every game except HNIC during the week which sucks HUGE. Gotta do what you gotta do though. Gonna have to turn off theScore updates on my smartphone and PVR every game to watch when I'm home.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
The only thing I do is I wear my jersey the first game every year.

Family knows the first game of the season they don't talk to me from puck drop to the finial whistle...cause I ain't listening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad