What are your favourite goals ever scored?

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
This could be the most craziest, unique, creative, whatever you fancy goals. It could be someone absolutely embarassing a player or team, a game winner, etc. What's yours?

FYI: Mine is Ovechkin's goal against Montreal in Feb 2009, when he broke Hamrliks' ankles and blew by him. Just insane that something like that could be done against other professionals. Speaks to his skill level.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Eric Staal versus New Jersey. Game 7 in 2009. Carolina was down 3-2. Then Jussi Jokinen score to tie the game with 1:20 left. Then 48 seconds later Staal gets the puck, streaks down the right wing and fires off a wrist shot that somehow beats Brodeur and knocks the Devils out of the playoffs. That had to be one of the underrated playoff series in recent memory.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
7VyRYba.gif

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
As a Bruins fan, I'm really only given one option for my favorite goal. (Hint: It's why the St. Louis Blues are featured in the opening of every Bruins game on our regional sports network.)

But as for more recent goals....and ones that are personally fun to me...here's enforcer Shawn Thornton scoring on ex-Bruin Timmy Thomas. I was at that game, and I swear to God, Thornton was smiling. You can even see a tiny bit of it at behind the mask if you look closely.
:

Another one from the same season...Brad Marchand making an incredible SHG against basically all of the Kings.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
"Bergeron! Bergeron!"

That was the radio call, anyway. Here's the video. :)

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Datsyuk's shootout goal against Vokoun is probably the most appealing to me. Just smooth and elegant, nothing frivolous.

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
All-time:

The replay at 3:50 is absolutely bloodchillingly perfect.

Rangers:

Rangers in my lifetime:

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I was gonna share the same than you, thread starter (Ovechkin vs Montreal 2009). Now, what about that beauty ;) lol

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Toews game 7, game tying goal against the Canucks in 2011 was amazing to watch. Short-handed, games almost over and Toews/Hossa just will that puck into the net

Obviously Ovi's goal vs the Coyotes

Tarasenko's 2 Forsberg like goals from last season

Datsyuk vs Turco and the stars

Bobby Ryan's playoff goal vs Nashville 2011

Rick Nash against the coyotes

Jamie Benn fights off 4 players to score the goal against CBJ if i recall correctly

Sedins' goal vs Calgary off the faceoff was beautiful to watch

Just off the top of my head, been some amazing goals recently

Last edited:

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Kind of a weird one but this was one of Hutchinson's first games, and I managed to watch, and Kane hadn't scored for a while IIRC, and this beautifully tied it up near the end.

Also basically every goal from this game:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad