What are you most looking forward to

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
In this order:

-Karlsson, easily the most exciting player to watch in the NHL. Easier to get excited about something that I know is going to happen over a "maybe"
-Turris, I really think he's going to have a huge breakout season. Surprise alot of people.
-Silfverberg, He's going to be solid, but I think people might be overrating him somewhat. I think he'll be a calder candidate, but I'm not sure he'll win it.
-Alfie, I don't think he's retiring, but just incase
-Latendresse, I'm very curious to see how he will turn out, he could be the steal of the free-agents

Drama

Feb 8, 2010
Ukraine
Watching Erik "rename Norris to Karlsson" Karlsson backcheck to take the puck off the opposing forward and then use his blazing speed to race up the ice to juke out the goalie so bad he falls over, then pass the puck back and let Alfie seal the game 7 double overtime goal that clinches the Senators the Stanley Cup.

Yeah.

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
We gave up a lot in my opinion for Methot so I'm most looking forward to watching him play – a little anxious about it as well.

Another thing I will be very interested in is which goaltender takes the reigns this season. I don't think there is any reason for Anderson not to still be the #1 goaltender as season's end but with Bishop and Lehner behind him, one (maybe both) will be given an opportunity should one present itself.

Milan the God*

voted Alfie's last season, although I don't think this will be it. I could definitely see him going for another year after this one. If there was a full-year lockout he would be done for sure, in my opinion.

I'm expecting a big year from Karlsson, too. Like, another HF meltdown type season. Let's bring the haters back out. Haven't heard from em' in a while. Although with the defense we have due to the Cowen and Lundin injuries, I'm not sure we'll be too powerful in the East. Hopefully we can squeeze into the playoffs.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Just talking about hockey again instead of the business side of things. From rumours to the sens roster and highlights from the NHL everyday , should be back to normal again soon. :)

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I can not wait to see Silfverberg but it has to be Alfredsson and Turris. Followed by Karlsson.

Silfverberg-Turris-Alfredsson has the potential to be our 1B line making opposing team's defenses pay more attention to them which opens up Lats-Spezza-Michalek to destroy offensively. It's gonna be amazing to wait, if it goes well.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Im amazed people are more excited about an unproven rookie than the most exciting player in the teams history following up the only season by a Senator to result in a major individual award (I dont really consider the calder major..)

We have a guy that is arguably the best player in the league to watch, but people are more excited about Silf? Insanity.

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
Kinda intrested in how Latendresse will fit into the team, also how Turris second year with us will pan out.

To be honest I'm excited about all things listed :)

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Im amazed people are more excited about an unproven rookie than the most exciting player in the teams history following up the only season by a Senator to result in a major individual award (I dont really consider the calder major..)

We have a guy that is arguably the best player in the league to watch, but people are more excited about Silf? Insanity.

Probably because everyone knows what they will expect in Karlsson. Silfverberg can be that top 6 forward this team has been looking for for years to finally solidify a strong top 6 group. Which would, in-return, make watching Karlsson that much more.

Remember Karlsson and Silfverberg on the PP together at the WC last year? Had some flashes of brilliance that I can't wait to see again, hopefully.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Our bottom 6 in whatever combo will do what's expected, ie.. crash, bang and score a few opportune goals. If the usual 4 of the top 6 players do as expected then the ones I'm most curious / excited about are Silf and Lats. Those 2 might just be the missing pieces that give the team 2 dangerous lines. Lats at 25 is the perfect age, a big body for the physical game and a real scoring threat. I hope he does well and re-signs. Silf is a smart player who'll only get better in time. Whichever one can adapt to Spezza's style will play on that line.

That said, Stache has shown that he prefers experience over youth so I wouldn't be surprised if he starts with Regin and/or Greening on the 1st or 2nd line and plays Silf lower down in the order. Either way those are the 2 guys I'm most interested in seeing how they look at the beginning

GK

Not Jeeks
Apr 2, 2010
Banff
I'm not excited for Alfie's last year, but I'm definitely going to be most excited about sucking it all up before he retires.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Probably because everyone knows what they will expect in Karlsson. Silfverberg can be that top 6 forward this team has been looking for for years to finally solidify a strong top 6 group. Which would, in-return, make watching Karlsson that much more.

Remember Karlsson and Silfverberg on the PP together at the WC last year? Had some flashes of brilliance that I can't wait to see again, hopefully.

Its a lot more likely that Latendresse fills that role.

And I mean, with the numbers he put up last year, Foligno filled that role. Silf could pot 30 goals and get 60 points and people would still clamor for a top 6 guy....we have always needed just ONE MORE top 6 guy.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Seeing Silfverberg's rookie season for sure. It will be interesting to see what type of player he turns into.

Karlsson probably won't repeat as Norris trophy winner (I know blasphemy..) but I think that Webber will finally win it. That is barring that he stays healthy and has as good of a year as last year. But if EK kills it again offensively then he still could repeat.

With Alfie I have a gut feeling he might still have one more year left in him after this one.

Oct 10, 2010
Yeah, it's still early, but at this point, i feel this wont be Alfies last year,especially if he plays well and we make the playoffs.

I know 48 games is better than nothing, but i wanna see Alfie finish his career in a full 82 game season! Hopefully that happens!

WhiteLight*

Erik Karlsson. The most beautiful player in hockey.

Hopefully it will be that way for 15 more years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad